SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Do you LVC folks think I could get 2" of shrink in the waist of a pair of the current 1915's?

I got a clear two inches of shrinkage from my 1944s - I did machine-wash them at 95 degrees though (no soap, no spin, and no indigo loss, in fact they got darker). A soak will only lose an inch or so.

which was first - chicken or egg ?

yes, they shrink, and they stretch.

To which extent though. I know they don't stretch out to original size (pre-soak), but just how much?

e.g. Maybe they shrink 2 inches from hot soak, stretch out 1 inch from there after constant wear.

Is everything relative or are there vage guidelines to shrinking/stretching?

I got a clear two inches of shrinkage from my 1944s - I did machine-wash them at 95 degrees though (no soap, no spin, and no indigo loss, in fact they got darker). A soak will only lose an inch or so.

Thanks, that's sorta what I figured. I was trying to decide between a 34x34 pair of 1915's or a 36x36. Unfortunately I can't find a 34x36 pair, if they even make one. TTS waist is 33 but I'm leery of losing too much length with a 34 inseam.

Thanks, that's sorta what I figured. I was trying to decide between a 34x34 pair of 1915's or a 36x36. Unfortunately I can't find a 34x36 pair, if they even make one. TTS waist is 33 but I'm leery of losing too much length with a 34 inseam.

If you need a 33 waist, you might find even the 34 are too big (unless that\s measured rather than rag size) - they're made oversized I believe.

If it were me, with the older ones I'd go down and wash cold if necessary. I've had too many Coco THe Clown fits with the cinched jeans.

I have a Corter regular belt and I want to press this on, but how do I do it?

Looking these up it says I need a handle as well as the stamp. Can I just use a rotary punch I already have or should I buy the handle.

And if I buy the stamping handle do I just hammer it in till I see the imprint?

fLgNN.jpg

Dont know what you mean by if you can just use the rotary punch, but I dont think a rotary punch has anything to do with this.

I believe the "stamp" is referring to just the head. You need a stamp handle to attach the actual stamp to, then you hammer on the entire thing until it makes the imprint.

The point of the separate handle is that you can buy different stamps without needing a handle on every single one; you just swap out the stamps and reattach.

Yeah I was hoping I could just press the stamp block into leaving a physical impression with a rotary punch, instead of buying the stamp AND a handle to do this one thing.

ZfeXv.jpg

Now that I think about it the block would probably too big anyway. I'll just do it the right way then, thanks.

what is the best way to wash/get the stink out of my 15 month old rrls? I have accumulated some sick fades but man it is starting to STINK! and its getting huge...

i never pre soaked it when i bought it...in three days it will turn 15 months and im thinkin its time to wash/shrink it up. So how should i go about this?

im assuming soak in hot water with woolite black? thanks doods

what is the best way to wash/get the stink out of my 15 month old rrls? I have accumulated some sick fades but man it is starting to STINK! and its getting huge...

i never pre soaked it when i bought it...in three days it will turn 15 months and im thinkin its time to wash/shrink it up. So how should i go about this?

im assuming soak in hot water with woolite black? thanks doods

After 15 months - machine wash them.

Not strictly a denim (or even clothing related) question, but I am in NYC for a couple of weeks in early December with friends and family and want to check out the Manhattan music scene. Apart from the Bowery Ballroom and the Bitter End is there anywhere else that you guys would recommend?

Also, any helpful hints and tips on the above places would be good? Thanks in advance.

dont want selvedge to go wide; if i get my jeans tapered on the inseam, then i will lose the topstitch yes? or is there anotehr way to do it? sorta hesitant to get my pbjs tapered.

edit: how much of a taper will make it look straight? cuz atm its perfectly straight measured, which looks pseudo-bootcut. =/

Hi SuFu. I'm looking for a nice straight cut, mid rise jean. Something classic--and something that will last a long time. Something that fades nice (not dull-ish) with some "life" in 'em.

I have been lurking around here and doing some of my own research. I really like the look of Warehouse denim, but I'm also looking into the LVC 37 or 55 cuts. Roy has also caught my eye.

Bottom line, I'm not too sure exactly what model/brand I should get. Help? Recommend me some stuff?

Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic