SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What is a Raised Belt Loop? What the difference with normal belt loop? somebody got picture of it?

HEre's a great explanation (I've since heard other people say that Warehouse were not the only people to have the 'bump early on'. no idea if true or not). If you're gonna rep anyone, rep Miza for this superb post...

kuniyoshi-san was very impressed with the sufu 660's. in fact, he says that he hasn't bought a pair of jeans in 10 years but for a good pair of warehouse, he might make an exception. he tooks some time to explain some special details about the jeans...

DSC_0272.jpg

first he showed me the belt loops. notice that the middle of the belt loop is raised. he said that warehouse was the first guys to notice that the belt loops on some old jeans had a bump in the middle. what this bump does is reduce the friction on the stitching. warehouse made a custom made sewing machine attachment to reproduce this raised middle.

DSC_0275.jpg

he showed me a pair of jeans with flat belt loops. doesn't have the same visual and textural impact...

DSC_0280.jpg

Need some help guys, was wondering how the stretch on dry bones jeans is? I found a pair for a good price but they measure 18inchs (one wash) will they stretch to 30?

I think 12" is pushing it a bit chambo!

That'd take a stretch of the imagination.

what does this mean?

"creating a rigid denim that's slightly hairy, but not slubby, because we requested that the denim not be singed and calendered."

THis has been answered already.

Singeing is a process to eliminate the fluff on denim - basically you pass it over a gas flame, which burns off the little hairs. Calendering is a process whereby fabric is compressed between rollers, normally to give it a slight sheen.

Not doing either gives the denim more of an old-school 60s look, altho I didn't notice that these jeans look particularly hairy, as that depends on the type of cotton used, too. Short staple cotton, as popular in the 60s, gives hairier denim.

Paul T always explains things so they make sense. Mental note to rep...

Ah, just a promise... beatle treats me mean and keeps me keen.

I've updated my glossary to make the explanation of singeing clearer.

I also updated the 'selvage' explanation. Strictly speaking, it seems the way in which we use Selvage is wrong - selvage really means the edge of the fabric. The specific term for selvage from a shuttle loom is 'Fast Selvage'.

ANd no jokes about SLow Selvage, thankyew.

Denim Glossary

Im looking to get some APC PSs but Im having a lot of trouble determining the size to get.

I currently wear Levis 510s and they fit like this

http://img580.imageshack.us/i/1291436011280.jpg/

Its my standard pants size of 28x30

But Id like my PSs to fit like this, or a just a little looser than my 510s

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/31231626.png/

What size should I order to get a fit like the above picture?

Hi all, I was just wondering. Anyone had success in ironing out, or removing those unwanted (and unsightly) vertical creases that happen when the jeans go through a hot wash and tumble dry? I have tried ironing while damp to no avail.

I did that to 2 pairs of my jeans, and will never ever do that again, but there are some one wash jeans that I have seen around here that have those creases too. Just thought that it'd be good for people to chip in the methods that worked, or didn't work, for them. :)

anyone has information on how to hang dry ur denim after soaking ? (pre-wear)

do you fold it and hangs on a clothesline or use clips and hang from a clothesline?

thanks guys

I use a coat hanger and hang them on the clothesline. If you can find clips strong enough to hold them than thats find too.. Usually clips are not strong enough to hold the weight of the jeans when it is wet.

or you can bend a metal hanger into something like this and hang by the belt loops, work wonders for me

IMG_8552.jpg

I'm looking for a slim/straight fit in a real waist sz 32 that would have a post-soak leg opening of 8'' or so, was looking at the Samurai 710 but leg opening will be less than 8'' after soak and might be too slim for my liking... 0500 could have been what I was looking for but I don't know about the Texas cotton...

Anyone can help? Sugarcane, Samurai, Warehouse, Evisu, IH or anything really, not looking for a particular brand.

Thanks for the help.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic