SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hi y'all,

Who can help me find the best Denim shops in France (North to South)?

Any info will be much appreciated!

(You may exclude Kiliwatch & Rockers Speed Shop, both in Paris)

A friend of mine recently spilled the entire contents of his large peach nestea on my imperials. These have only been worn about 2 months and are far from their first wash. However, there is no visible stain from the accident or any resulting smell or stickiness. Its really seems as if nothing ever happened. Should I leave it as is or should I wash? If I should wash, how should I do it?

Is anyone else having problems with pages loading on this site? For quite a while now, every time I click on a link, it takes forever to start loading the page. Lately it averages 20-30 seconds, sometimes even longer. Once the page starts loading it loads fairly quickly, it just takes forever for it to start loading. I don't have this problem on any other websites.

Besides the Sugarcane 1966 and the Denime 66x, is there any company that makes 1966 501 repros?

I've been wearing a pair of LVC 1955's and I love the fit but I would like something with a similar top block but a bit more taper below the knee. I don't really want to buy the LVC 1966.

There are quite a lot of the Japanese brands which have their own attempt of a '66 cut. But I don't think they are very close to the original. But these count:

FlatHead 3009 or F380

Samurai S0510XX66-2 or S0510XX66-RR (the latter is easier to buy)

Some also describe the S5000VX as a modified '66 cut.

The new brand from Denime founder Hayashi: Resolute 710

Maybe the Fullcount 1108 also counts as a '66 cut

There are quite a lot of the Japanese brands which have their own attempt of a '66 cut. But I don't think they are very close to the original. But these count:

FlatHead 3009 or F380

Samurai S0510XX66-2 or S0510XX66-RR (the latter is easier to buy)

Some also describe the S5000VX as a modified '66 cut.

The new brand from Denime founder Hayashi: Resolute 710

Maybe the Fullcount 1108 also counts as a '66 cut

Thanks. I actually have the 1108c and its a straighter cut than the LVC 1955. You're right none of those seem to be close, oh well.

Is anyone else having problems with pages loading on this site? For quite a while now, every time I click on a link, it takes forever to start loading the page. Lately it averages 20-30 seconds, sometimes even longer. Once the page starts loading it loads fairly quickly, it just takes forever for it to start loading. I don't have this problem on any other websites.

same here!bloody annoying,i suspect the server is overstrained with too many users.takes away the fun of just browsing,anything you can do about it,MODS???

Thanks. I actually have the 1108c and its a straighter cut than the LVC 1955. You're right none of those seem to be close, oh well.

I suspect that the Warehouse 660 comes pretty close in terms of fit and not details. The Joe McCoy 906 is closer in details but less in fit. I think that Denime is the closest in terms of fit and details.

I have a pair of raw denim jeans and I have worn them for a few weeks and the thread in high wear areas look like its going to wear through any day now. Should I soak them to make the denim and thread less rigid ?

Are you wearing them raw?

So...finally I have some nice combs evolving on my skulls!

And I'm very excited about them finally coming through, but I was perchance thinking of starting to wear my pants a bit higher on my waist

I'm assuming this will change where the combs will form, is there something I could do so that I dont have two seperate combs forming? I doubt it but throwing the idea out there. Grazie

Ooops, my bad, I thought he was asking about licensed reproductions.

I think SDA also has some nice Wrangler repros, both in standard and limited editions (see Pants Shop).

Sugar Cane also did some many years ago - these would be hard to track down now :(

Hi, the one I have is the 11mwb (1964), the button-fly. A zipper fly was also released the same year with the same fabric.

I think they called the original 1964 11mw this repro was based on the phantom/ghost jeans, since the model was only produced for one year, and then terminated.

The waist shrinks to tag size after a soak; the fabric is sanforised.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic