SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I recently picked up a pair of one-wash raws, non-sanforized. I used the usual wisdom for raw denim -- "as tight as possible, it'll stretch out" -- but now I'm a little alarmed that the 16 oz. one-rinse denim won't stretch quiite as much as I'm hoping. (My waist is a 30", I got a tagged size 29"; after a day of wear they are true-to-tagged at 29" or so).

Do you think I'll get that extra inch or so? I'm used to wearing APCs and watching a tagged 28 start as a real 30" and balloon out to a 31" or 32" almost (probably from constant wear on my hips).

Left Field slub denim.

They're one-wash, and super-dark, so I'm pretty sure they were just soaked before sale (I was planning on getting raw denim, but, well, sometimes you have to follow your heart; I wanted to do a soak and air dry anyways.)

I've worn them for a day and a half and they've already broken in a bit, so I'm optimistic; I'm just looking for them to go from the tagged 29" all the way out to a 30" or 30.5" in the waist or so, and not sure they'll quite do that.

just started wearing my ande whalls and my legs are covered in indigo (pleasant surprise). so, my question is, what do you guys find to be the most effective method for scrubbing the indigo off in the shower? i tried the simple soap in hand method, and it sorta worked, but my legs were still a blueish color.

Hey there —

Anyone know/have any experience with the Acne Max? Is it true to size or vanity sized? Sanforized or not? There's a black overdye that I've got my eye on that looks like it's gonna fade like the sidneylo/beats/SE/IH.

Lemme know.

Thanks small questions thread.

Hey there —

Anyone know/have any experience with the Acne Max? Is it true to size or vanity sized? Sanforized or not? There's a black overdye that I've got my eye on that looks like it's gonna fade like the sidneylo/beats/SE/IH.

Lemme know.

Thanks small questions thread.

i sized down 1. 2 if you have no calfs, max got some tinyass leg opening..

I've got another cab driver friend of mine who's interested in getting some nice denim. Problem is, he's a big boy. Roughly a 38-40 waist, i think he said his waist measures 40".

Anyone have good resources on larger sizes and/or looking to get rid of some big jeans @ a good price?

Thanks!!!

Going to see what i can do for him, not sure he's ready to take the plunge cash-wise. Salaami had mentioned we've got a place in town that sells evisu for dirt cheap. Hoping maybe we can find a "tasteful" model there to get him started.

Any brand make a black coated selvedge denim with a fit similar to APC NS?

jean shop's black denim is black warp and weft with a resin coating. they are also full selvedge. they don't get much love here, but i picked up a pair and love them. one of the best options out there for jet black coated selvedge denim

jean shop's black denim is black warp and weft with a resin coating. they are also full selvedge. they don't get much love here, but i picked up a pair and love them. one of the best options out there for jet black coated selvedge denim

Good suggestion. I'm gonna check the measurements on the Rocker. Do these ever go on sale?

Good suggestion. I'm gonna check the measurements on the Rocker. Do these ever go on sale?

unfortunately they never go on sale. you may also want to check out the skinny cut as it's more of a slim straight and not skinny at all. sizing runs big like apc as well, so keep that in mind. i got the black skinny in a size 25 and i wear a 26 in apc for reference. i think a skinny in your new standard size would give you what you want just with a bit wider leg opening since they do not taper.

unfortunately they never go on sale. you may also want to check out the skinny cut as it's more of a slim straight and not skinny at all. sizing runs big like apc as well, so keep that in mind. i got the black skinny in a size 25 and i wear a 26 in apc for reference. i think a skinny in your new standard size would give you what you want just with a bit wider leg opening since they do not taper.

I owned a pair and loved em, but be aware i did end up with some white honeycombing behind the knee from heavy wear. While i was wearing the jean shops i was 5.7 and a fat motherfucker but i fit into a 26, these babies stretch and are very, very comfortable. BTW jskidder did they change their cuts because i had slim childs legs and the jean shops were skin tight?

I owned a pair and loved em, but be aware i did end up with some white honeycombing behind the knee from heavy wear. While i was wearing the jean shops i was 5.7 and a fat motherfucker but i fit into a 26, these babies stretch and are very, very comfortable. BTW jskidder did they change their cuts because i had slim childs legs and the jean shops were skin tight?

know what you mean about the white fades. i have worn mine hard everyday for 3 months and i have a lot of white in the crotch and ass and the combs are starting to turn. i think it looks pretty cool though.

don't think the sizing has changed, and mine were actually made in 2007 per the writing on the pocket bag. i have small legs too, though. for comparison my new size 28 FH BSP has been through a hot wash and machine dry and they are not even tight in the legs on me at all. someone who saw a fit pic thought they were f310s. the jean shops are a little slimmer than those, which is my preference. they are definitely tight in the thigh, but i guess what i was referring to is that they aren't tapered or snug from the knee down.

A.P.C New Cures with zip fly?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290461220566&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT hey guys, just won these on ebay but then saw that they are with zip fly, didn't know they did them with zippers? But there aren't any fake A.P.Cs right?

I can't comment as to if they're fake or not, but in the auction description is states that they are zip fly.

A.P.C New Cures with zip fly?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290461220566&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT hey guys, just won these on ebay but then saw that they are with zip fly, didn't know they did them with zippers? But there aren't any fake A.P.Cs right?

ive read that some do come with zippers but i think that they are an older model, so i wouldnt worry to much about them being fake apcs seller could of had them for a while, but they do make fakes

ADH92 try to find a baking pan that is the same size of your waist or cut a 2 X 4 to put in the waist while you soak. this way you can get the shrinkage out of the rest of the jeans while not having to worry about being able to stretch the jeans back out. I wouldn't suggest wearing them while damp either as that can lead to knee bags.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic