SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

quick question, so I'm planning on getting my first pair of nice boots, probably a pair of red wing chukkas. I was wondering how they run as far as sizing goes? I can wear anything from a 10 to 11 depending one shoe brand. should I just find one of those feet sizing dealies they have at a lot of shoe stores or is there a quick and dirty way to approximate my actual shoe size?

hey guys, i have a quick question on hand washing (since i always used to just machine wash)

anyways, do i just use my hands and kind of crimp the jeans together to take out the dirt and stuff? pretty much what is the best and safest way to get caked in dirt and grime out of the jeans

thanks

didnt find anything about getting out paint from denim encyclopedia

anyone know the best way to remove water-based paint from denim?

hey i was just stalking yr old posts and saw this one

i've had luck with isopropyl alcohol (haven't used it on jeans but it worked great on various other dyed fabrics)

and i hear hairspray works (on account of the alcohol, i would guess)

vodka's worth a... try (if i were the type to take advantage of clever wordplay i'd have said "shot" but i am above those sophomoric games)

What's the rules for advertising jeans for sale on superdenim? I see some people mention jeans for sale in the thread for the brand they're selling. Sometimes they get jumped on and told to keep it in the supermarket, sometimes no one seems to care. I've got three pair of jeans I want to part with, and want to make sure I sell them as quickly as possible without stepping on any toes. Thanks!

hey i was just stalking yr old posts and saw this one

i've had luck with isopropyl alcohol (haven't used it on jeans but it worked great on various other dyed fabrics)

and i hear hairspray works (on account of the alcohol, i would guess)

vodka's worth a... try (if i were the type to take advantage of clever wordplay i'd have said "shot" but i am above those sophomoric games)

should i apply and scrap it off if i use any of those? how did you go about removing the paint without damaging the fabric?

Guest wockawockawocka

Grabbed a pair of Onis - Black ones.

So I gave them a soak and after drying it looked like they had been starched. Shiny, etc.

So i tossed them in the washer let them soak again, dried - in hopes that the "starch" would go away but it didn't. Throughout the denim is weird starchy marks on the jeans and now little white designs going on. It looks like when you sweat on a black baseball cap - that bleed through.

WTF?

what is this and how do i get my BLACK jeans back?

thanks-

should i apply and scrap it off if i use any of those? how did you go about removing the paint without damaging the fabric?

I've had this on my work lees; I've used white spirit, or alcohol, just spot clean with a cotton bud or a brush if necessary. If it's emulsion paint you can simply wet the area and leave washing up liquid on the spot, that often lift it. If I've used white spirit etc I then spot wash that spot with laundry soap (even rubbing with household soap would probably work) and rinse the area. You might be left with a small pale patch, but once the jeans are worn in, they add to the character.

What's the rules for advertising jeans for sale on superdenim? I see some people mention jeans for sale in the thread for the brand they're selling. Sometimes they get jumped on and told to keep it in the supermarket, sometimes no one seems to care. I've got three pair of jeans I want to part with, and want to make sure I sell them as quickly as possible without stepping on any toes. Thanks!

put it in your signature

just dont.... same thing happened to me and it turned out worse when i tried to scrub it out because then the indigo rubbed off in those specific places.... i guess it depends on the kind of paint to... I am talking about latex paint but it could be different for water or oil based......

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to post a new thread w/ relevant blogs, U.S. shops, JP. shops, etc .... w/ a short description.

That way pics, info, & members blogs can be readily avail. Any thoughts or critiques welcome. Thanks

Thanks Chambo haven't look it up yet. What I thought would be more geared towards JP blogs, & member blogs or any other useful info, I figured it would make info more avail. There are so many blogs which are very useful & impressive. And I'm sure if we combine our powers we can have a extensive threard chop full o' info. ; ) Just a thought I'd kick around.

well. dunno where to ask, but i guess its related to denim.

1. looking for a high-quality belt that doesnt have a bulge that tanner belt does when wearing. 1.5 witdth is good.

2. what boots go well with jeans that have 7~7.2 leg opening. dont plan to do megastacking, but rather perfer the extra inseam can cover the upper part of the boots. ps. boots can endure snow...

thanks

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic