SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

found a pair of Samurai S0120XJ I'm picking up for cheap since I'm really craving some LHT's but I was just curious if anyone knows how much denim doctors would charge to taper them from the knee down. Think you could trust a good local spot to do that or probably not?

also, does a tagged size 38 really go down to a 35" waist after only a cold wash??

here's my fit in a size 35 ande whall cougar. his website suggest about an inch to an inch and a half of stretching. i can button the first three buttons, but it's a bit of a struggle to get the third one. i'm going to need to exchange sizes on these, so my question is: should i get 36s or 38s?

front:

4821273255_8e039c5ba9.jpg

back:

4821273413_576350dbd2.jpg

I got my denim in today, I know i was told to presoak first before hemming the inseam, but if i never wash them in hot water should hot, warm, or cold soak to get out the shrinkage?

^ what exactly are you asking? have you hemmed them? if you're looking to get out shrinkage with minimal indigo loss then always wash/soak in cold.

cool, thanks.

Also per your question, if you go up only one size i don't know if you would still be able to get that top button.

yeah i have the same concern. they are supposed to stretch 1"-1.5" though.. sooo, i'm also weary of 38s. i wish he made 37s!

theres not indigo loss in soaks of new jeans ya nubes.

there only is after abrasion... some jeans even appear darker

after a good soak n dry

it is true about some jeans appearing darker, i've seen people to talk about this around the forum, but you can also experience loss in a pre-soak.. hence people's water being indigo colored after their first soak. (i think...? hahaha)

I've worn my NCs for roughly seven months. No soaks. No washes. They have very noticeable fades. My question is if I soaked them in hot water with a dash of detergent then followed with an air dry out on the line.. . what are the possible results? The Negatives? The Positives? Will I still be able to wear them as hard for as long still getting noticeable fades?

also if i do soak, for how long?

answers. please & thank yoU.

My true waist size is 29 and i don't need a belt for them to stay put. I usually say my true waist is 30 and for my apc's i sized down 2 from 30 and they fit perfectly. Do you guys think that i can do the same for warehouses 660's and juss size down 1 from 30 or would it be too big?

a size 29 will give you a waist 34 pre-soak. assuming you dont manage to get all the shrinkage out of these, they're gonna end up pretty loose still.

im a true waist 30 and i got the 660s in a size 28 previously and they were really TOO loose. i had to sell them eventually. made an exchange for the 660s in a size 27 a few days back and waiting for them to arrive to see if they're a perfect fit.

well i'm not too sure about that but the size 28 pair that i tried on were real big on me. I wear a 27 in apc new cure, 30 in skull 5010xx 6x6, 30 in pbj xx-011 if that helps matters at all. mabbe the sizing for me is kinda weird cos i'm a small-sized asian (even by asian standards). you might want to ask around for more opinions..

awesome stuff.... which kind though, they have a few out? from the couple pairs ive handled its all really good gnarley stuff
its

White Oak Cone American Raw Selvedge Denim in Indigo. i just put them on a bit tighter than i hoped but i guess they will stretch with wear and time. otherwise they feel pretty good

Totally stupid question here. Some friends of mine and I were chatting about brands that were big in our youth. I remember a lot of guys in my school being into these black Elise shoes with an orange half moon on the back on the sole back in my middle school days in central Texas. They were these soft oily leather half boots. In a moment of nostalgia I tried looking them up and was shocked that I could only find ONE post on the entire internet about them and NO pictures. It's almost as though they never existed! Am I spelling it wrong - does anyone know what I'm talking about and better yet, can someone point me to some photos of them? I realize I am little old for this site, but being in my early 30s I figure at least a couple of people you in your late 20s/early 30s might remember these. Anyone?

Totally stupid question here. Some friends of mine and I were chatting about brands that were big in our youth. I remember a lot of guys in my school being into these black Elise shoes with an orange half moon on the back on the sole back in my middle school days in central Texas. They were these soft oily leather half boots. In a moment of nostalgia I tried looking them up and was shocked that I could only find ONE post on the entire internet about them and NO pictures. It's almost as though they never existed! Am I spelling it wrong - does anyone know what I'm talking about and better yet, can someone point me to some photos of them? I realize I am little old for this site, but being in my early 30s I figure at least a couple of people you in your late 20s/early 30s might remember these. Anyone?

I think you mean the Italian sportswear brand ELLESSE

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic