SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey, I need advice or general rules on hemming raw selvedge denim. I've got a chainstitched pair much too long for me and don't know whether I should just take them to a tailor and have them hem it without a chainstitch or ask them to reattach the original hem or what. Also, is it difficult to find a tailor that can chainstitch hems and is chainstitching even that big a deal?

Thanks alot.

can someone recommend some jeans with a similar cut to A.P.C. New Cures but with a higher quality denim? Right now I'm thinking:

Flat Head - SE05BSP

or

Iron Heart - 301s

or.....

Which would you choose between those two, or is there something else I should be looking at? Also, I am a 32 waist, so I sized down 2 (30) on my new cures. They were tight at first but have stretched out perfectly. To achieve this same fit on the iron hearts or flat heads, would I want to size down 1 or 2 or not at all?

anybody tried to DIY a chainstitch? I've been doing some research and a few experiments... I followed this

and it works, but very time consuming if u are new to needle work..

who needs a unionspecial when you can do it yourself?

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and wearing dry denim for about 4 months, but there's something that I've never wrapped my head around.

I've been wearing PBJ XX-011s for 3-4 months, and I like them, but they're not as slim as I'd like. I bought true to size in the waist and they've stretched out a ton in the waist and the leg, so I am looking for a new pair that's slimmer and something heavier to withstand the Minnesota winter. Which leads me to my question:

When you want a slim leg fit from a pair of jeans that may not be cut that way (i.e the waist is too big), do you size down so that you get the fit you want in the leg, even if they are unbearably tight in the waist, and wear them until they stretch in the waist?

Thanks a lot

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and wearing dry denim for about 4 months, but there's something that I've never wrapped my head around.

I've been wearing PBJ XX-011s for 3-4 months, and I like them, but they're not as slim as I'd like. I bought true to size in the waist and they've stretched out a ton in the waist and the leg, so I am looking for a new pair that's slimmer and something heavier to withstand the Minnesota winter. Which leads me to my question:

When you want a slim leg fit from a pair of jeans that may not be cut that way (i.e the waist is too big), do you size down so that you get the fit you want in the leg, even if they are unbearably tight in the waist, and wear them until they stretch in the waist?

Thanks a lot

That would appear to be de rigeur for many on here Terri. Welcome to Sufu...

or you could buy the slim cut model? but, that's me thinking logically. (3)

Thanks a lot

man, how skinny r u? 011 is already the slimmiest model that PBJ carries.

This is probably a waste of space, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a pair of black jeans. Nothing raw or glossy, just solid black with no frills. I had my eyes on a pair of RBJ 66BSPBK, but their smallest size might be too big for me so I'm seeking something very slim and tapered. Thanks in advance!

haha! ok how hard is it to adjust a rise of a jean, i really like my denime but they are on the market as i can't deal with high rise, so basicly would a taloir be able to fix this and how much is it gonna set me back?

i dont know whether its just me but i altered my pair of skulls to something more fitting and they ended up giving me a dick pouch, even though i went to the best tailor i could find in my country. not that i dont wear them anymore (i still do because i already paid that much for alterations) but i think any alterations that change the cut of your jeans tend to fuck them up. that is my opinion on alterations other than hemming. has happened to me more than twice already.

its just that went i got them i was givin wrong measurements in the first place and even after 2 hot wash's hang drying in between the were MASSIVE leg opening was 9.2inch's on a size 29 thigh's where like 13's so i had them slimmed down and they look great apart from this massive riseif two inch's was taken from the back and front they would be great...

i saw a guy in the imperial denim thread alter his and they looked great after..

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic