SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

small question: Do Momotaro's fade slow.. especially the 15.7 oz super dark indigo models? i'm doing serious research before i even think about buying another japanese pair.

Edit: OH and, this may be more suited to the Momotaro thread, but BIG says some are "slightly sanforized" so they will shrink about an inch in the waist after a wash. Does that mean they will stretch to *greater than* original waist measurement with wear? It seems most STF denimz shrink around 2 inches in the waist..

my gf's mother is sending a care package from japan next week and id like to replace my new cures. i want something a bit roomier but with close to the same leg opening (~7.5in).

suggestions? i was thinking skull 5010xx?

you never go wrong with s5010xx

my gf's mother is sending a care package from japan next week and id like to replace my new cures. i want something a bit roomier but with close to the same leg opening (~7.5in).

suggestions? i was thinking skull 5010xx?

Why not try to get something that would be harder to find in the US?

Why not try to get something that would be harder to find in the US?

I'm open to suggestions but its hard to choose brands that you can't try on. I was thinking skulls, Pbj 005 or samurai 710 because there are lots of pics and info online. I kind of like the black stretch that skull offers.

I think those are all slim straight leg tho. Anything with a slight taper?

For all the denim gurus.. which one is better in terms of quality and fading?

btw I got the sugarcanes for about the same price as the PBJ

PBJ XX-005

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=45&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Sugarcanes, don't know the model

http://forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=Sugar+Cane&product=SUGA-MJ4

My mom works on base as a radar technician. She wears this torn up chambray (that she got from god knows where or when for that matter) pretty much everyday. I wanna get her a new one and she isn't retiring anytime soon so I'd get one that would last her a while with her line of work.

So I was wondering where I should start.

Also, she's a 5'4 asian lady with average build. XxtuffxX

i'm looking for a nice pair of raws i can get quite a bit of contrast on and beat up over these coming summer holidays until uni starts.

i'm really looking for a pretty skinny cut, which has a strong taper.

i've owned the flathead 310's and they aren't skinny enough for my liking, would it be stupid of me to purchase a pair of flatheads and just take them to a tailor to be taken in knee down quite significantly?

I ask this because most skinny raw jeans which I have diors/apcs, don't really fade as much as I want and I'm really looking for some of the heavier japanese stuff with faster and higher contrast fading properties.

If anyone could recommend me a pair, that'd be great. Oh and they'd ideally have to be skinnier than 19cm diors, because I consider them somewhat straight/slim.

edit: something similar along the lines of Rakers? cept they're sold out.

i'm looking for a nice pair of raws i can get quite a bit of contrast on and beat up over these coming summer holidays until uni starts.

i've owned the flathead 310's and they aren't skinny enough for my liking, would it be stupid of me to purchase a pair of flatheads and just take them to a tailor to be taken in knee down quite significantly?

I ask this because most skinny raw jeans which I have diors/apcs, don't really fade as much as I want and I'm really looking for some of the heavier japanese stuff with faster and higher contrast fading properties.

If anyone could recommend me a pair, that'd be great. Oh and they'd ideally have to be skinnier than 19cm diors, because I consider them somewhat straight/slim.

wait for the new pbj xx013s that are coming out soon

My mom works on base as a radar technician. She wears this torn up chambray (that she got from god knows where or when for that matter) pretty much everyday. I wanna get her a new one and she isn't retiring anytime soon so I'd get one that would last her a while with her line of work.

So I was wondering where I should start.

Also, she's a 5'4 asian lady with average build. XxtuffxX

ppost pix of da torn up chambray

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=425

"The size XS is essentially a women's size"

Young, If money is not of concern cos USD is pretty low at the moment.... your best choice for skinny fast fades would be Flathead BSPs...or the SEXI08 but you need to get the sizing right or else it's pointless, THat's probably your only option... other stuff wont fade that fast just over the summer..... Then again, do u really want to wear japanese denim skinny jeans over the summer, it's way too fucking hot...

Andewhalls fades kinda slow, but i would say is fitting and cut is superior to the japanese stuff....Rakers will be on sale again in a couple of weeks... but i heard ande is increasing his prices again... cos he made some alterations and changed this denim source.

money is kind of a concern, i wouldn't really want to drop 350usd on a pair of denim.

i don't like how ande whall's fade to be honest, I' don't know how to describe it but I really like how flatheads fade. are the bsp's the skinniest?

does it matter if i just buy some 3001's which fit me waist/thigh and just taper the entire knee/leg down ?cause you know how i bought sz31 last time, it was a bit too big in the waist. I prob need 29 or 28.

na, dont get APCs, I had a pair of NCs for 1 day, APC pockets are GAY!!! they r so tiny! and position is weird... so i sold them on solejam.....suprising it was sold in less than12 hours...

BSPs are by far the skinniest pair of jeans from flathead. I think you can probably settle with a pair size 29 FH3001s.. it's more timeless, but u gotta get the sizing right. i would say go for a pair of 29s.... I'm 31 for 3001 (it's pretty tight at the start due to inital soak), and i think ur probably 2 sizes smaller? yea.... Order a pair off 2nd. they can do it shipped for 22200 yen. which is like $350NZD

have u thought about skulls 5010xx 6x6? they r nice too.... they r definitely skinnier than 3001..... but hard to fine one right now... sold out everywhere...

the YENS fit great!! Correct me if i'm wrong, but i find the cut kinda similar to 1955?? the waist didnt shrink as much as i had hoped, but i'm sure they'll shrink a bit more with a few soak. Yea, I cant quite wear them yet tho. i need to get them hemmed tho... Need to find a chainstitcher in NZ.... i donno if andewhall is able to do it....

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic