SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^^im talking about the duribility of the cotton threads. for example if it isnt zimbabwe cotton, is it just the same kind of cotton that other brands use??

btw, thanks for the info, guys

If you're using durability as a standard for quality, then cotton is by no means durable. Nylon and Polyester is by far more durable. The less organic the fabric is, the more resistant it is to breaking down. I think plastic pants are much more durable than jeans.

As for the cotton, I think there a few factors involved:

- The quality of the original cotton boll

- How the fibers are spun into yarn

- How the yarn is woven into fabric

These factors can make a more durable cotton fabric. It does breakdown easier than other fabric, but thats why we love jeans so much.

yes , i know that poly and nylon are more durable. yeah, we all love jeans here, but are we paying 300$ for jeans that have better craftsmanship and dye??

do these high -end jap brands have better

"quality of the original cotton boll"??..( im giving the benefit of the doubt that the fibers are spun into yarn better and woven more efficiently in japanese jeans).

"Quality is a perceptual, conditional and somewhat subjective attribute and may be understood differently by different people."

"One is quality assurance which is the prevention of defects, such as by the deployment of a quality management system and preventative activities.... The other is quality control which is the detection of defects, most commonly associated with testing which takes place within a quality management system typically referred to as verification and validation."

a sufu-approved japanese jean is much more meticulously made than a pair of wal-mart or costco jeans. this has nothing to do with how long they will last. as said, cotton thread is a vintage''throwback detail'', which should be purchased with the understanding that it is what it is, not as durable as a synthetic thread, but it also doesn't age with the denim per se. japanese jeans(@least the better amongst them) are usually made using very labor-intensive,tedious and time consuming methods than their mass-produced counterparts.

I didn't want to shit up the Samurai thread, so I'm asking here.

I was just wondering how much do the 710xx stretch (based on your actual experiences)?

Do they stretch back to raw, a little bit further than raw, or a lot further than raw?

Measurements would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

My friend bought a pair of PBJ XX005BKs in one wash model that are almost new. The problem is that they've been washed twice. Will this effect the way they fade? Also can he get good combs with the one washed model?

It will not affect the way they fade.

Just wear them and they will turn out nicelly.

hmm im not worried about them stretching out..im worried about me shrinking them and them not fitting after

if youre that concerned, soak them while wearing...

i'm trying to find an old thread about ways to hold your keys on your jeans.. can someone help me out? specifically i'm wondering where to get this S-shaped hook thing i saw in that thread. one end hooks onto your belt loop and the other holds your keychain. any idea what that hook thing is called or where i can cop??

does anyone have an idea of how long the average miners,loggers, ranchers, and hard working types wore a pair of jeans before moving on to another pair? i've never heard this discussed before.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic