SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Why Talk Like This?

just wash however you want really.

use some dark-friendly detergent if you're afraid that you'll lose dye.

it's easy enough to get some dr. bronners or some woolite dark at your closest walmart/target.

lol i was typing in caps and i guess the forum just automatically changes it to that

Hello.

I recently purchased the evisu no.2 2000 cut, but upon a few observations i was wondering;

whats the difference between the no.2 in red/pinkish selvedge versus the no.2 in tiger selvedge? i have the red ones but at the evisu store they had the tiger colors.

almost every year evisu gets different denim from different suppliers it also says this on BIG's website that the selvedge colour will change from year to year

its no big deal really, some with pink,black, red and tiger ( orange and black ) like you said.

I'm trying to get a couple of knowledgeable opinions/insights here before I sell my Samurai 710s.

First off, I know knee bulges are inevitable. However, I really think mine are a bit more extreme than the norm. I'm 5'4" and have both New Standards and 710s, and with both I experience severe knee bulging. I was wondering if anyone would be able to concur that my excessive, abnormal knee bulging occurs because the cut of the thigh and taper is not aligned with my short legs? (i.e. the cut of the thighs is too long and my thigh/knee cut-off occurs too early--mid-thigh. <--- If that makes sense.

I may be answering my own question here, but I would love to read what others say.

I'll get pics soon.

soak, it'll still shrink a lil bit

sanfordization is pointless imo- mainly to prevent leg twist which imo looks pretty siq

No. You don't have to soak Sanforized jeans before wearing, and very few people do.

Sanforized jeans, once faded, look different, apart from the practical advantages.

The best Sanforized fanric - Evisu No 2, and good Lee repros - is unique, and especiallyly when made in LH denim gives a unique fade, which can look better than STF, depending on your taste.

stupid question but wondered if anyone knew;

what household goods are good for keeping leather patch from cracking. Without sounding like a pervert, would baby oil or vaseline work??

I bet Vaseline would work, I don't know why it wouldn't. . do you have anything for conditioning leather boots? I use obenauf's LP or sno seal whenever I'm hot washing or soaking something.

salaami uses shea butter and claims that even brought his patch back from the dead.

edit: after thinking about the vaseline, you could probably use pomade...but that'd be more expensive and likely the same result.

i currently have the apc nc and im pretty satisfied with how it came out. so now im looking to get a 2nd pair of raw denim jeans but i have no idea what i should buy. any suggestions on which one i should buy?

im basically looking for something that is simple and nice. i also want the fit to be something around how the new cures fit on me. im a size 27 for the new cures btw

should i hot soak or cold soak my nudies sjdg? I like how it's all rigid and hard but the thighs, knee, leg opening is like kind of stretching out and i want it to be tight again. i want to continue the breaking in indigo process but can i shrink it better with a cold or hot soak?

should i hot soak or cold soak my nudies sjdg? I like how it's all rigid and hard but the thighs, knee, leg opening is like kind of stretching out and i want it to be tight again. i want to continue the breaking in indigo process but can i shrink it better with a cold or hot soak?

hot soak shrinks em back more... i think thats what youre asking..

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic