SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm a newbie so forgive the ignorance, and I know it was brought up on the first page of this thread, but not fully answered....here goes: Why pre-soak your unsanforized jeans? I know if they are unsanforized they are going to shrink a ton and this gets it out of the way, but why not just buy them to fit, wear the hell out of them and let them stretch, then wash em a year later or whatever. Seems like if you didn't pre-soak em the contrast in color after lots of wear would be even more intense, wouldn't it?

A few people do this - main problem is that, pre-wash, they'll be too big, and once they shrink the wear marks - whiskers, kneefades, will move into the wrong place. I do this with Lee Sanforized jeans, which tend to shrink an inch, but it's simply more hassle if you do it with STF - although airfrog, often seen around the LVC thread, swears by this method, and his jeans look good.

Anyone want to recommend some straight fit denims for someone with muscular thighs? I have a pair of Skull 5501's and Samurai 5000VX, both of which still are pretty restrictive on my legs. I'd size up, but it seems that upper thigh measurements don't vary too much. I'm still aiming for a semi-slim fit, though :cool:

Ok guys....what I'm going to ask might belong in the small denim question thread. But I'm going to purchase another pair of S710XX maybe sometime tomorrow and I can't afford to make another error on sizing.

My waist is about 36.5 inch, what size should I get? Does size 34 = 34 inch waist, size 35 = 35 inch waist, and etc? Also, will the leg opening be too wide on size 34, 35, or 36? I'm 5'8'' and weigh 170 lbs, if that helps.

Ok guys....what I'm going to ask might belong in the small denim question thread. But I'm going to purchase another pair of S710XX maybe sometime tomorrow and I can't afford to make another error on sizing.

My waist is about 36.5 inch, what size should I get? Does size 34 = 34 inch waist, size 35 = 35 inch waist, and etc? Also, will the leg opening be too wide on size 34, 35, or 36? I'm 5'8'' and weigh 170 lbs, if that helps.

Anyone want to recommend some straight fit denims for someone with muscular thighs? I have a pair of Skull 5501's and Samurai 5000VX, both of which still are pretty restrictive on my legs. I'd size up, but it seems that upper thigh measurements don't vary too much. I'm still aiming for a semi-slim fit, though :cool:

somet 014

momotaro 0201

stormy blue 421xx

So I'm probably going to be getting a pair of Imperial Shearer jeans soon, but I'm not too sure about what inseam i should have them hemmed to. I know that they are going to shrink a bit after a wash, but I'm 5'5" (and still growing) with a 28" inseam and don't want too much unnecessary stacking.

So I'm probably going to be getting a pair of Imperial Shearer jeans soon, but I'm not too sure about what inseam i should have them hemmed to. I know that they are going to shrink a bit after a wash, but I'm 5'5" (and still growing) with a 28" inseam and don't want too much unnecessary stacking.

it would seem to me your choices are 1) huge cuff, or 2) outgrowing your denim in 6 months time, or 3) waiting 6 months time.

right now, your best bet is to contact kiya at selfedge and ask his advice.

Well I'm not expecting a huge growth spurt anytime soon knowing my "ethnic background" but i definitely want to put a few years on them and just need to know how many extra inches i should keep for personal growth and post wash shrinkage.

just get some 501 shrink to fits until you turn 18.

so im looking for the perfect pair of jeans for me, and id love some guidance. i want a straight fit that goes well with my red wing 875, but nothing too loose cuz my legs are pretty thin. atm im rockin the lvc 505, but im not really satisfied with them, i want a pair that i really want to wear everyday for a long time. anyway, awesome quality and good fading abilities like we all want, and around 300usd. i live in sweden, so the store need to ship internationally. wonder if this goes under small questions...

thanking you in advance,

piddan

fc 1108 and wh 660 looked interesting. nothing wrong with f380, but i guess theyre kinda inspired by the very pants im wearing - and not enjoying all that much. anyway, i checked em out on blueingreen and got sad cuz they didnt have free shipping, haha. ah well, we'll see. thanks for the answers though!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic