SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm currently looking for a pair that fits similar to my 710s, but with a lower rise. The slubbiness or properties of the denim doesn't really matter because I'm just in the market for something different from my current pair. I really love what I'm seeing in Onis, but the fit doesn't look like it's what I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

if I bought a LVC 1947, in size 32x32, what is the maximum shrinkage possible for these? what size (waist x hem) will it be after multiple washings?

For the 47, you will need to email your supplier to see which season it is. Earlier ones are an inch undersize; your 32W 32L will measure 31W 32L, shrink to 29W 30L, then stretch to roughly 30W. Current stock will end up around 31W.

Yea Blue fit is the slimmer one. The denim is the slubbiest shit you can get.

Get em'!

They seriously dont make a slimmer fit?? ahhhgh

yeah the slubbiness is what caught my attention. but i dont like straight fit denimz much.

Theoretically, would it be possible to make orange or red raw selvage denim that would fade exactly the same way as indigo yet would be orange or red? I wondered this earlier today.

Theoretically, would it be possible to make orange or red raw selvage denim that would fade exactly the same way as indigo yet would be orange or red? I wondered this earlier today.

I think you mean orange or red warp thread.

The selvage denim would just be the line along the selvage you see when you turn them inside out or cuff them.

The warp thread is the color if the inside of the jeans, it's usually white.

It'll fade the same way, don't know about the color it would be when it faded

To give you an idea, this is a jean made by PBJ with a purple warp thread

010fade001.jpg

I think he means that the whole jean would be dyed orange or red. Besides having some outlandish looking jeans, it would be almost impossible to have a jean that would fade in the same manner if that is what you were referring to. Unless you find a way to produce dye that is exactly the same chemically as the indigo dye, they will fade differently. Also, they will probably fade to a strange color as all the dye will not leave the jean leaving it white. Theoretically, possibly, but only if you reciprocated the exact dying process and chemical dye, but in action it's pretty much impossible. I would think that if it could be done, somebody would have done it already.

Samurai makes (made?) Persimmon-dyed jeans that have an orange color (Julian Red does too but I believe the quality is far lower since they're a lot lighter, meaning less time dying). But persimmon-dyed jeans don't fade like indigo, they actually get darker with oxidation so (in theory, I've never actually seen a pair that was faded) the top would wear down white and the darker parts would continue to get darker, leading to high contrast

For the 47, you will need to email your supplier to see which season it is. Earlier ones are an inch undersize; your 32W 32L will measure 31W 32L, shrink to 29W 30L, then stretch to roughly 30W. Current stock will end up around 31W.

So, the inseam will shrink 2 inches max? Will it shrink further after multiple washings? thanks.

why sketchy? that sound clip is fucking annoying thats all i know

the design is bare bones, the 'about us' tab is blank, they don't return emails, they charge $400 for RW 875's, and I can't read half the shit on there = sketchy.

no sound clip for me though, must be a firefox thing.

been wearing apc NS over year now. contrast on fades not where i thought theyd be. i can see whiskers and folds around knees and thighs, but just not much contrast.

i have soaked several times to shrink to help the process, did this actually prevent fading?

should i just wash and everything will start to pop?

What's up denim heads, I've got a couple noob questions for you:

1. When soaking jeans, should they be turned inside out, or does it matter?

2. With Samurai denim, if I want to get all of the shrinkage out of the way, will hot soaking do it? I've seen a couple cats say they hot washed their's initially. Is this a good idea? Also, if you do an initial hot wash, I assume you don't use any detergent; it's just hot water and a bit of agitation you want, right?

thanks

sry about this noob question.

are high end raw denim jeans actually better quality than say costco, lucky brand, etc?? i know the craftmanship and dyeing are better, but what about quality??

^^im talking about the duribility of the cotton threads. for example if it isnt zimbabwe cotton, is it just the same kind of cotton that other brands use??

btw, thanks for the info, guys

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic