SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

cant be arsed reading through pages and pages of the other samurai threads, so here goes.

1) Which is the loosest fit Samurai model? (or the one that resembles 55 fit the most please)

2) Is it just "2nd" on Rakuten that sells Samurai and ships worldwide? Any other rak. stores to be recommended for Samurai > overseas ?

Thank You.

2) just order direct from samurai; any excuse to banter with toshiko is a good one

water will shrink denim

i'm not convinced that the temperature makes any difference

i think time is the major factor

a soak for 4+ hours in water will shrink raw jeans

logically, i'd guess that the temperature of the water just increases how quickly the fibers open up to accept water... it's not like there's a denim shrinkage equation out there, but you can probably get your jeans saturated with water X times faster by using hot water than by using cold.

you know, for all those times when you really need to hurry up and shrink your denim ASAP...

I'm looking to get a pair of Sugar Cane SC41947, not sure whether to buy them raw or one wash. My waist is about 33-34 so I thought was thinking to get either size 36 in the raw or my true size in the one wash. Any advice on which would be better?, (one wash, or raw)

So, there a way to make a bootcut, to a straight leg?

Talk to a tailor. He can take it in from the knee down from the in our outseam. Saucemaster did it to his RRDS on styleforum and they look good. Some kid here did it to his zathans and it looks alright. Sauce's are top notch though.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't have a small question; rather, a small comment

TIP's XXX thread is the shit, and I'd just like to thank him for all the hard work he's put into it. The table of contents in the beginning is amazing and incredibly useful

Thank you TIP

Does anyone know what cut the FH5100XX is most like? Is this skinny/tight, or closer to a 47 cut? Much appreciated.

I wear a 29 pretty slim but not skinny in New Standards

My Thin finn size should be _______ ?

Pretty similar, they both stretch like buggery thanks to the elastane in them. Depends on how tight you want your Finns to be really... if you want them a bit slimmer than your NS, go with 29 again.

ok for a while now i been trying to figure out this on online shops...the measurements provide under tag sizes, for example is tag 32, and waist measures 30, would that mean that after breaking them in they will stretch to a 32?

Does anyone know what cut the FH5100XX is most like? Is this skinny/tight, or closer to a 47 cut? Much appreciated.

from what i can gather from rakuten stores, it looks like the 5100xx's are based on '55 xx models, but are cut a little slimmer. but i'd imagine someone like kiya should be able to give you a more accurate info.

Thanks, Chicken. You're always a trove of resources.

from what i can gather from rakuten stores, it looks like the 5100xx's are based on '55 xx models, but are cut a little slimmer. but i'd imagine someone like kiya should be able to give you a more accurate info.

ok for a while now i been trying to figure out this on online shops...the measurements provide under tag sizes, for example is tag 32, and waist measures 30, would that mean that after breaking them in they will stretch to a 32?

^anyone?...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic