SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anyone here know where i can purchace some Wooden belt buckles? Most belt buckles are metal, very hard to find all wod buckles, but if anyone knows of a store or a site that sells them let me know. they are sooooooooo hard to find. thanks.

You have to give specific examples.
^ some do. some don't. and hence these endless chains of denim questions...

btw, you're welcome ll.

ok, heres one example: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=23&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

the tag is a 30, but the waist measures 32.5. so in this case, would i have shrink them before wear to get a size 30 fit?

ok, heres one example: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=23&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

the tag is a 30, but the waist measures 32.5. so in this case, would i have shrink them before wear to get a size 30 fit?

Yes, you soak them and they will shrink to tagged size (30)

In your first post you said that the tag was bigger than the waist and that confused me a little.

After your initial wash on a pair of raw denim do you loose all of your creases? All of the honeycomb/whisker folds will be gone? If you start wearing them again will creases form in different locations or will they form exactly on the previous folds?

Also...

I'm looking to pick up a pair of APC but not sure which style to go with....

Which one of the APC styles has a cut closest to the new levis stf 501xx?

I've read in the APC thread that APC tends to have a much lower rise, however, what Im trying to figure out is whether New standards will be too slim and rescues too baggy. I personally feel that the STF cut is good since I have big thighs, however I wouldn't want anything baggier.

Sorry if these answers have been posted...tried searching but nothing...don't really wanna skim though 41 pages of questions

if u wash ur jeans without puttin enough wear on them, depending on the jeans too, the creases might shift. but i was told after 2 months ur good to go.

also, if u want like a stf fit, size down 2 sizes on the new standards, for a tight fit, go down 3 sizes from your true waist(not what u normally wear but wats ur actualy size, and how high/low u wear ur jeans). rescues are looser in the butt and thigh area and bigger at the knee and leg opening

Guest SisterRay

Is it possible to shrink any type of denim, i.e. non - raw denim ( is this the correct phrase ). I have several denim items tht are too big and would like to get a better fit.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible to shrink any type of denim, i.e. non - raw denim ( is this the correct phrase ). I have several denim items tht are too big and would like to get a better fit.

Any suggestions?

Boil them. Women on honestforum have had some success with this... I kid you not. Or just get them altered.

So I did searchaand got mixed answers. How exactly does iron effect your jeans. Does it make a difference in how they fade later?

I'm asking cuz i just ordered the raw purple selvage from prps and they looked pretty wrinkled up and so i was thinking about ironing them out. btw, I know they're suppose to some that way.

So I did searchaand got mixed answers. How exactly does iron effect your jeans. Does it make a difference in how they fade later?

I'm asking cuz i just ordered the raw purple selvage from prps and they looked pretty wrinkled up and so i was thinking about ironing them out. btw, I know they're suppose to some that way.

go nuts ironing your jeans, it will make no difference. just make sure that you don't use steam. jeans are ironed like crazy during production.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic