SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

quick question.. im planning on getting a pair of samurais with a cut similar to slim jim.. ive found the closest match, i think, which is the s710xx. im a 31 waist and was planning on getting a 30 in these.

question, this should fit me well no? i like to wear my slim jims a little low and their tag size is 31x34. also, is there anything else similar to the slim jim in a different make? ie. sugarcane, fullcount, iron heart? i really like the s710xx but would love to have it in black denim.

thanks!

this may sound daft on here, but i'm new.

the two jeans look like two totally different pairs.. now i actually prefer how the jeans look when brand new, is that all the effect of not washing them and wearing them loads gives.. to fade them out and put the white marks in (not knowing their technical terms yet lol)

i've just bought some jeans dark raw jeans and i'd be gutted if they ended up like that after 6 months..

is there anyway to preserve the fading, and keep them looking like new??

sorry if thats not what you are all about.. but i'm here to learn.

i'm going to buy a pair of jeans to work on tomorrow in fact :)

thanks.

is there anyway to preserve the fading, and keep them looking like new??

I think you're asking if there's any way to prevent fading, is that correct? If so, here are some options:

1) Dry clean regularly.

Dry cleaning does not fully preserve color, so take this with a grain of salt. You'll want to do it relatively often so that the creases from regular wear don't set. The creases are what causes the lines that you're referring to.

2) Don't wear your jeans often. Or if you do, wear them lightly.

The fading comes from heavy usage. People who do activies (skateboarding, construction, etc.) see much quicker fades than those who sit at their desks all day. Also, most jeans that get thrashed in six months are the product of everyday wear. Less wear will get you less fades.

3) Buy jeans dyed with natural indigo.

Only problem here is that this will run you $500+. Not very practical.

4) Don't buy raw denim

Not the answer you were looking for, I know.

I know this has been covered but real quick! i normally wear 30 in levis/cheap monday/gap. i'm 2 seconds from ordering apc new standards, do i go down to 28 or do i go to 27 to accommodate stretch, OR just 28s and wear a belt all the time

Guest jeffvyain
this is probably something you've already thought of...

but does your washer have a "gentle" or "handwash" cycle?

are you putting the jeans in by themselves? or with other clothes?

the cycles on my washer are: cotton/sturdy, knit/delicate, pre-wash/pre-soak, and permanent press. it's a POS but it came with the place i rented so it's what i got. and yea, i've been sticking them in there by themselves because i'm sure they'd bleed all over my clothes. i suppose i could throw them in with some towels or something? but on what setting?

the cycles on my washer are: cotton/sturdy, knit/delicate, pre-wash/pre-soak, and permanent press. it's a POS but it came with the place i rented so it's what i got. and yea, i've been sticking them in there by themselves because i'm sure they'd bleed all over my clothes. i suppose i could throw them in with some towels or something? but on what setting?

i'd suggest knit/delicate and throw them in there with some dark colored towels.

on older, shittier washers, there's a good sized gap at the bottom of the agitator. when something's in there on it's own, it can get caught -- then the agitation + the pre-rinse spin cycle can twist it up. using a lighter agitation cycle (knit/delicate) and adding some bulky items (towels) can keep this from happening. i've got a really similar old washer in my basement, too, but i've had good luck doing this.

I know this has been covered but real quick! i normally wear 30 in levis/cheap monday/gap. i'm 2 seconds from ordering apc new standards, do i go down to 28 or do i go to 27 to accommodate stretch, OR just 28s and wear a belt all the time

I'm the same waist size as you and the 28's fit me perfectly. I think 27's would be too skinny.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Denime XX and I am wondering what size I should get if I wear a size 33 in Cane 47s. Do they fit true to size?

yeah, they fit pretty true to size. the denime xx should be a bit baggier in the thighs than the sugarcane 1947. amazing quality denim. if you're getting denime's though, you might want to consider sizing down. I know at least for the 66 cut I wore around, the denim stretched at least an inch. The denime xx I had were pretty high waisted, but you could still size down 1 and be ok...

MilSpec not sure the 44s have the highest rise. If I'm not mistaken all the early repro 1901 and earlier have the highest rises. I had a pair of 44s a few years back and don't have them to compare side by side but if my memory serves me correctly they fit very much like my 55s and my 55s are very close to my late 1990s 501 STF. Don't know if this answers your question though.

APC new standards... I'm a 30 waist (true; Suit measurement), jeans vary to 30-32 (with, without belt) Should I size up or down? What is the best wash? Suggestions? Thanks.

Well this is your first pair? Maybe go for a 28, 29 because NS's do stretch. You will definetly have to try them on at the store to see your preference. But I suggest a 28/29...I like it tight though :(

MilSpec not sure the 44s have the highest rise. If I'm not mistaken all the early repro 1901 and earlier have the highest rises. I had a pair of 44s a few years back and don't have them to compare side by side but if my memory serves me correctly they fit very much like my 55s and my 55s are very close to my late 1990s 501 STF. Don't know if this answers your question though.

thankyou for the knowledge, it does help me.

^ or else people are just stressing around...

i am too... i am scared... i feel very little....

but if levis is doing such things, what do they expect? i know they got the rights, but c'mon lets all live in peace...

Well, where there is smoke, there usually is a fire. (don't know if this is a english saying as well).

But with BiG removing the brands with accurates and red labels, it's pretty clear to me.

Let's hope we are just a bunch of stressed out denim nerds...........

Well this is your first pair? Maybe go for a 28, 29 because NS's do stretch. You will definetly have to try them on at the store to see your preference. But I suggest a 28/29...I like it tight though

Well I meant regular "standards" fuck, but that's the only one I can find online, and how come the apc website isn't working? Anyway... I do like it tight too but room to breathe as well, NOT skinny girl jeans, just nice...so 28/29? same for Standards as well? Instead of New Standards...and..any other cuts i should check out or brands? Nudie is a bit exspensive (strugglin college student, lol) Thanks for the help!

Well I meant regular "standards" fuck, but that's the only one I can find online, and how come the apc website isn't working? Anyway... I do like it tight too but room to breathe as well, NOT skinny girl jeans, just nice...so 28/29? same for Standards as well? Instead of New Standards...and..any other cuts i should check out or brands? Nudie is a bit exspensive (strugglin college student, lol) Thanks for the help!

Er. Standards? Theres three cuts that APC have for men: Rescues, New Standards, and New Cures. I don't think there is a "Standard" but it will definetly be nuthugging tight when you intially wear it, personally, and many people on this board think that 2 size down from true size is the best bet but some guys here like it tight, so if you like to wear it around 31/32, get a 29....but 28 is my prefrence and others.

Er. Standards? Theres three cuts that APC have for men: Rescues, New Standards, and New Cures. I don't think there is a "Standard" but it will definetly be nuthugging tight when you intially wear it, personally, and many people on this board think that 2 size down from true size is the best bet but some guys here like it tight, so if you like to wear it around 31/32, get a 29....but 28 is my prefrence and others.

yes.

standards.

the cut the new standard was based on.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic