SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

ok so im going shopping with my sister in London tomorrow, I usually only go for art but I think im in for a dedicated day of shopping. QUESTION : Is there anywhere worth going to for denim in London? Im not really into nudie, etc although i wouldnt mind looking at maiden noir although I dont think they are stocked in the UK...... suggestions welcome, if u can mention the nearest tube stop that would be super helpful too.

ok so im going shopping with my sister in London tomorrow, I usually only go for art but I think im in for a dedicated day of shopping. QUESTION : Is there anywhere worth going to for denim in London? Im not really into nudie, etc although i wouldnt mind looking at maiden noir although I dont think they are stocked in the UK...... suggestions welcome, if u can mention the nearest tube stop that would be super helpful too.

In central London you can check out:

American Classics - Covent Garden

A Butcher of Distinction - Brick Lane/Shoreditch

Cinch - Soho/Oxford Circus

Hey, i just got my rescues and i went to a dry cleaners to get them hemmed the inseam was set to 31. but should i have hemmed them to a 32. i can wear a 30-31 okay but if i go to wash them, which i hardly wash any of my jeans will the inseam shrink significantly. I would just put them in the washer cold wash and rinse and hang them to dry? thanks

I'm looking for a looser dry selvage like the nudie baggy bjorn or regular ralf but with a smaller rise. I think the baggy bjorn have much too high of a rise. any suggestions

I'm not terribly familiar with the BB, but my Imperial King's are looser than RRDS and they fit like sex. That's a terrible adjective, yet dead on. Here's the Imperial fit on my ass. Complete with 360 degrees of turniness:

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/imperial/360/raw_king_360.html

a9_1_b.JPG

This one?

Klaas - yes. apart from that, it seems most of the best denim literature is in japanese...

as far as english goes, in addition to Paul's book i have This Is A Pair Of Levi's Jeans by levi's, as well as the small Found booklet by cone mills thanks to pacioli.

if you're talking japanese, then the list goes on and on. lightning denim style book (vol. 1 and 2), etc, etc.

hey,

im getting some used rescues (6 times wear)

How do I completely remove all honeycombs and make it look as if never worn without actually sacrificing the rigid denim quality?

I'm thinking about ironing and then sending tot he dry cleaners. Is that a good idea?

Thanks a lot

hey im super-new to all this denim talk but what can people tell me about G-Stars Raw denim? I havent found many people talk about them. Also, just so i understand, if i want to keep the dark indigo color i shouldnt wash them? Do they only fade with washes or will they eventually fade just from daily use? And what are honeycombs? Are they the actual creases in the denim behind the knee or is it the color fade behind the knee? Thanks!

a9_1_b.JPG

This one?

klaas -- fyi, it's worth looking around in the amazon marketplace or elsewhere for a first edition of that book (image is the second ed.). the first ed. is larger and is printed on nicer, glossier paper -- much better for picture detail.

edit: first edition cover looks like this:

1854107917.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056529533_.jpg

hey,

im getting some used rescues (6 times wear)

How do I completely remove all honeycombs and make it look as if never worn without actually sacrificing the rigid denim quality?

I'm thinking about ironing and then sending tot he dry cleaners. Is that a good idea?

Thanks a lot

six wears is nothing.

turn them inside out and iron them (with steam) everywhere.

no need to take them to the dry cleaners, really, unless you're paranoid about cleanliness...

klaas -- fyi, it's worth looking around in the amazon marketplace or elsewhere for a first edition of that book (image is the second ed.). the first ed. is larger and is printed on nicer, glossier paper -- much better for picture detail.

I already bought the 2nd edition from eBay, but thnx for the tip.

Hey guys,

I just bought a new pair of sc1947 unwashed and a expensive new brown leather wallet. Will the jeans bleed onto my walllet if I carry it in my back pocket. and, I know it depends on wear, but how long (estimate) do you think it will be before I can carry this wallet without bleeding and also how long until my jeans no longer bleed onto my shoe laces.

Guest jeffvyain
If i'm a truee size 33, what size do u recommend me getting for these 2 samurai models

S5000VX and SO500XX

and hows the fit on both of them

It depends on how you want them to fit, but i, personally, would go with a 31 in the s5000vx and a 32 in the s0500xx. i have a measured 32 in waist. i have size 30s in the s5000vx and i tried sizing down to a 29 with the s0500xx when i ordered them for the contest, but they were too small, even raw. both fits are slim, with the 500xx being the slimmer of the two. the 500xx also hs a slight taper. you can find pics all over the place of the 500xx in the denim contest thread, and here's a pic of the 5000s on me, unhemmed, on a 6'1, 165 lb body.

DSCF2697.jpg

Guest jeffvyain
I'm going to guess that those Samurai are the S5000VX, though I'm sure someone will come correct me.
I was thinking the same exact thing so probably is the S5000VX.

i believe those pictures are of the s0500xx. i can't tell for sure, but i don't think the 5000vx's hem is that small.

hey guys im new here and im comtemplating getting some lvc 1947...this would be my first pair of raw selvedge and i was wondering if i am supposed to size up or size down? i've read the the threads in the forum and i've come across both answers...size up becuase it shrinks...or size down becuase it stretches...can anyone clarify? thanks

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic