SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

dont think it'll help the denim.. and it so definetly wont help u hook up with any girls smellin like piss... at least not the right kind of ladies....

i posted this in supershopper, but i realized it should probably go here

i've been stalking these PBH XX-005 sz 29 for a while: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19584

but i'm not sure if they'll fit. i wear a 30 nudies. and i don't want a really tight fit in the thighs so i dont think sizing down for these XX-005s would be a good idea. can anyone help me out?

i don't have a pair, but from what i've read, if you don't want tight thighs stay away from teh 005's...

sorry to bring this back... but BIG has the upper thigh diameter as 12" and i just measured my RRDG and they're 12" across the upper thigh as well... i know the bottoms are different, but now does the thigh of the Ralf compare to the thigh of the xx-005? thanks

sorry to bring this back... but BIG has the upper thigh diameter as 12" and i just measured my RRDG and they're 12" across the upper thigh as well... i know the bottoms are different, but now does the thigh of the Ralf compare to the thigh of the xx-005? thanks

Keep in mind that the BiG measurements are for the unwashed pairs so you can expect about 10% shrinkage after you soak / wash the jeans. If you really do want PBJ 005s and you don't want the jeans to be tight in the thigh area then size up at least one or two from your true waist size. I would say to go with one size bigger and see how they fit you before soaking. If they feel too tight, then return the pair to BiG and get a pair two sizes bigger. BiG does allow you to return / exchange as long as you haven't soaked the jeans or altered them in any shape or form.

alright, after standing in my boxers measering my ralfs for 15 minutes and an email conversation with Gordon from BiG, i have no idea what to do. ralfs measure 11" at the upper thigh and 8 1/4" at the knee. xx-005 measure 12" and 8 1/4" pre-wash. Gordon says they'll shrink about 1/2".

are these basically the same thighs, or am i retarded? or maybe what i consider tight around the thighs isn't really. i don't think ralfs are tight at all.

Hi...this is my first post I am a denim novice i guess...and I have 2 quick questions.

oh, I am 5'10 185 pounds and dont like to be constricted if that makes any difference.

First I am looking for some Black raw selvdge denim jeans not too tight not super baggy definately not bootcut and it needs to be sneakerfit. cause I am a shoe freak. weight isnt too important but i would prefer somethign I could be reasonably comfortable in year round.

Second I recently bought a pair of raw Sugar Cane 1947 unwashed. I have tried them on and they fit great but I have read the FAQs and stuff and cant figure out if I am supposed to like take a shower in them take a bath with them whether the water should be hot or cold or do nothign involving water at all.... I figured out that washing is to be avoided.

Finally, I heard that putting maskign tape on the inside of your jeans prevents bleeding onto your shoes (this is extremely important to me) which works ok... but how do i prevent bleeding from the waste onto my untucked shirts of hoodys... It looks like I went blueberry picking in all of my white shirts. Also... How long until enough indigo is gone that bleeding onto my clothes will not be an issue?

Thanks alot

Hey, new to the forum.

I just picked up some Crates and Iron Army's.

For some reason one of my Crates smells pretty much like denim.

Would a Soak fix this problem? Or shoudl I just take them to the dry cleaners?

Thanks.

My fart smells like a fart, should I go to the doctor and ask him if he could dry clean it?

Hey, new to the forum.

I just picked up some Crates and Iron Army's.

For some reason one of my Crates smells pretty much like denim.

Would a Soak fix this problem? Or shoudl I just take them to the dry cleaners?

Thanks.

i love the smell of brand new jeans! assuming they're raw/unwashed, the smell will disappear pretty fast (unfortunatly IMO), so don't worry about it.

welcome to the superdenimfuture.

EDIT:

Excuse me for my question, I know its a bit basic.

But I didnt want to waste time Soaking them for hours.

I just wanted a moment of your time.

that's what this thread is about, you're doing nothing wrong.

Excuse me for my question, I know its a bit basic.

But I didnt want to waste time Soaking them for hours.

I just wanted a moment of your time.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was stating a point. Its the natrual smell so it'll eventually go away, you can't do anything about it right now. Just wear it for a week, and it'll go away, its just like when you get a new shirt, it smells like the store but it'll go away

tec761 -

(1) Look into Samurai S5000BK's. They're black raw straight leg, and not too slim or baggy.

(2) I personally don't think showering in jeans is a great idea because the jeans might not be soaked evenly in all areas, but I know some people here have tried that method and it works for them. Basically, there are various ways you can soak your jeans, there isn't just one right way. You can try the shower method or you can try soaking the jeans in a bathtub full of water. In terms of temperature, warm or hot water will generally lead to greater shrinkage than cold water...

(3) Bleeding won't be an issue after a couple of washes, so for the time being, avoid wearing white or cream colored tops...unless you want indigo stains of them!

I think the sammies are great, they are not a skinny jeans but have a slightly slim cut, not half as slim a pbj 005s though. I sized down 2 in the sammies and they still look slimmish regular.

Which jeans bleed alot? For my next pair id like some real bleeders, pbjs dont really bleed so much, my howies used to bleed all over the shop. Do onis bleed much? Do eternals? Full counts?

I think the sammies are great, they are not a skinny jeans but have a slightly slim cut, not half as slim a pbj 005s though. I sized down 2 in the sammies and they still look slimmish regular.

Which jeans bleed alot? For my next pair id like some real bleeders, pbjs dont really bleed so much, my howies used to bleed all over the shop. Do onis bleed much? Do eternals? Full counts?

Not really sure about the bleeding of the ones you listed, but JohnBull 513BD bleeeed INSANNNE. My girlfriend's brother he has a pair of them and intially when he got them, all over his bags, shirt, hands, and shoes. I tried on a pair also, and the fit is remarkable.

do I have to soak my SC 1047s? will they be worse in some way if i dont? the reaosn i ask is because I live in a dorm with no bathtub so id have to get very creative

SC 1947s? One washed right? Yeah I have a pair of them and bought them through zk (owner of faith), and he said that they don't need to be soaked and his SC1947s are super nice. And yeah typically when you don't have a bathtub, you could just cover the drainage hole and let the shower run, and then soak it in shallow water. But dorm showers are disgusting, so before you do so, comet the whole thing.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was stating a point. Its the natrual smell so it'll eventually go away, you can't do anything about it right now. Just wear it for a week, and it'll go away, its just like when you get a new shirt, it smells like the store but it'll go away

If it smells you usally wash it. Simple.

sorry guys my real question was meant to be:

do I have to soak my SC 1947 dry raw unwashed?

my plan is to put them in a tub of cold water for like 30 minutes then wear them in a cold shower for like 10 minutes. then let them dry on me. annd then only take them off to sleep for the next 2-3 months.

anyone see anything wrong with this? the only thing i am worried about is the indgo bleeding onto the patch but i guess that is stupid

The only thing my Oni Reds bleed on are my shoelaces. I've never had a problem with them bleeding on furniture, shirts, etc. They've never touched water, though, so they might behave differently with a soak.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic