SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i soaked my bill tornades ( random french brand). i soaked them after 3 days of wear because they were extremely tight. i wore them into the tub and now they are just about right on my waist. however i lost alot of indigo. didnt think i would lose much, yet my tub is almost black. is this bad? can this make a drastic change in the end result? i kill my self over the thought that i ruined such a nice pair that fits well on me. just afraid they wont turn out as well if i just didnt soak them and let them stretch over time with no soaks.

they could have been over dyed with indigo. do u know if they were raw? also i dont think you ruined them, they might come out different and if down the line you dont like them u can do something like a tea or coffee soak to give them a different unique color.

yea ive wanted to rit dye some of my jeans too....PLEASE someone answer the question!!

on another note..

What jeans should i buy? They will be my first in which i experiment the whole not washing, soaking, starching deal.....although...i dont have any raw jeans..ive always disliked them since i didnt know how awesome they could look over time......

also, ive always had this thing where i rarely wash my jeans.....but i never knew about all the stuff ive learned here...

would i be right to assume that i cant do all this stuff (adding honeycombs and fading by not washing and starching) with jeans that already have a wash and fade?

what jeans do you reccomend for starting off?

ohh yea, is it true that bootcut jeans dont really do well for fading and aging the way you guys do it?

thanks.

yea ive wanted to rit dye some of my jeans too....PLEASE someone answer the question!!

on another note..

What jeans should i buy? They will be my first in which i experiment the whole not washing, soaking, starching deal.....although...i dont have any raw jeans..ive always disliked them since i didnt know how awesome they could look over time......

also, ive always had this thing where i rarely wash my jeans.....but i never knew about all the stuff ive learned here...

would i be right to assume that i cant do all this stuff (adding honeycombs and fading by not washing and starching) with jeans that already have a wash and fade?

what jeans do you reccomend for starting off?

ohh yea, is it true that bootcut jeans dont really do well for fading and aging the way you guys do it?

thanks.

go ahead, RIT the hell out of it. it is

so this is ironic. when i was 13 (circa 1998), i went out to find my first pair of great jeans. before that i was just like ever other silver tab wearing teen of the 90's. although i did have ralph lauren boys jeans which was pretty rich for that time. i remember going to diesel, replay, gstar, levis store. 501's did not do it for my body at the time and the diesel keetar was too light a color (remember that nauseating glowy blue they had?). so i spent two days and about 6 hours in louis boston, this tony mini-bergdorf goodman we have in my city, and i ended up with a pair of denime sanforized selvage lee-reproductions (i think?). they are made in japan. i remember soaking them, and perhaps they had a cold water, no detergent machine wash. i can't recall exactly. anyways i hated them afterward. and i shunned raw denim for the next decade. the ironic part: now i primarily live in earnest sewns and diesels, which i think a lot of people here like to flame. i personally thing diesels are unbeatable in mainstream quality and earnest sewns are inconspicuous and well tailored.

so, can anyone tell me anything about these denimes?

photo3al3.jpg

photo5ij6.jpg

photo4ia7.jpg

so this is ironic. when i was 13 (circa 1998), i went out to find my first pair of great jeans. before that i was just like ever other silver tab wearing teen of the 90's. although i did have ralph lauren boys jeans which was pretty rich for that time. i remember going to diesel, replay, gstar, levis store. 501's did not do it for my body at the time and the diesel keetar was too light a color (remember that nauseating glowy blue they had?). so i spent two days and about 6 hours in louis boston, this tony mini-bergdorf goodman we have in my city, and i ended up with a pair of denime sanforized selvage lee-reproductions (i think?). they are made in japan. i remember soaking them, and perhaps they had a cold water, no detergent machine wash. i can't recall exactly. anyways i hated them afterward. and i shunned raw denim for the next decade. the ironic part: now i primarily live in earnest sewns and diesels, which i think a lot of people here like to flame. i personally thing diesels are unbeatable in mainstream quality and earnest sewns are inconspicuous and well tailored.

so, can anyone tell me anything about these denimes?

photo3al3.jpg

photo5ij6.jpg

photo4ia7.jpg

bump because i finally figured out how to post :-/

^ I don't really know how to respond to your question about "denime" but it's just a brand like any ohter brand there is. I haven't had much expeirence with these jeans but have heard about around the forum and seen it at louis in boston. What I do know that it is a Japanese brand and is a widely known brand.

Heres info from their site:

"v.jpgDENIME ([dounimu]) origin

Origin of the brand name, [dounimu] has come from the place that Serge de Nimes [serujiyudounimu] which is produced at 15 century France and ancient textile goods center of [nimu] (the surge of the [nimu] product) with origin of a word, de Nimes Denim (the denim) it became with the American accent.

Brand establishment of [dounimu] 1988, presently numerous [rimeiku] of the name item where the 50~70 age whose procurement is difficult hides, conveying the air of that times as faithfully as possible in concept, the material, sewing and accessory, until the looks has done the thing making which is pursued thoroughly.

line.jpg

v.jpgDENIME ([dounimu]) prejudice

After the jeans being born in San Francisco which boils in gold stampede years a little more than of 150 years flow, also the jeans itself pass historical conversion and have reached to today. DENIME ([dounimu]) after standing on the historical background, BASIC of the jeans the part is designated to the last as the base, conveying the air of that times as faithfully as possible the commodity which administers modern seasoning to concept, is developed.

The loom, sewing and starching (the paste to attach the thread which it colors according to former times,) from until the part being consistent, those which it reappears, are completed DENIME ([dounimu]) are the G pan and are G John.

To use the chemosynthesis indigo that the color falling whose typical XX type of [dounimu] is good is done to acquire thickness to the dyeing aspect by repeating dyeing, it is because those where also the dye is dense are used.

After washing was applied, you wear and side ear use unique [atari] which makes the vertical falling and the twist cause which are proven of old densely cruelly is attached.

This way DENIME ([dounimu]) faithfully, and, the thing making which had small prejudice is done possible limit past. "

Hi, I was just curious as to the difference between rinsed and raw denim. Does it fade and crease as well? My rinsed jeans feel like raw, and I didn't realize they weren't raw before I got them. Thanks!

it depends. one-rinse (commonly called one-wash) denim is just like raw - a good dye job will hold its dye in a non-intrusive rinse, and stay dark enough to be worn in.

cant be arsed reading through pages and pages of the other samurai threads, so here goes.

1) Which is the loosest fit Samurai model? (or the one that resembles 55 fit the most please)

2) Is it just "2nd" on Rakuten that sells Samurai and ships worldwide? Any other rak. stores to be recommended for Samurai > overseas ?

Thank You.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic