SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hi, i soaked a pair of SO500XX a couple of weeks ago but i'm not happy with the shrinkage and want more, would it be safe to soak them again soon in hot water or should i wait a few months so I won't lose too much indigo? thanks

go ahead and soak 'em again

you will be fine even with a hot machine wash

lets say i bought some LVC '47 501XX blah bahs

but did not size up or down, just ones that fit off the bat. then soaked them with me in them. would they still shrink and cause me to die? or would just the rest of them shrink without killing me

I just got a pair of prps purple selvage jeans. Absolutely love em. But the leather patch looks a little dull. Was wondering if I could add alitle oil to these to make em look better. I hear its only good for real leather and not suede or anything so i wanted to confirm that the prps jeans had real leather patches.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/sho...t=17026&page=3

I really like the look on the oiled patches.

So what product should I use? Some are saying that mink oil is bad and some say its fine.

also anyone know what weight denim is the prps purple selvage? They feel kinda light.

i hear obenaufs are great, but i personally would recommend you to try pecards. pecards can work magic on dry leathers -- make them look ten, twenty years younger easily. i've heard people at the smithsonian use pecards to revive antiques they display at their museum.

but i don't know anything about prps jeans. just make sure it's a real leather patch before putting anything on. you can't do much with fake leathers.

sorry in advance for asking a superlame sizing question

so I intend to buy pbj xx-005 from BiG. I'm hesitant to, though, because I'm afraid they might be too big.

I wear a 26 in apc new standard; how would a 28 in the xx-005 compare to that?

Size 28 is not going to be too big. They will fit you very slim the way they're supposed to. I wear 27 in new standard and even sized up to a 30 because I didn't want ball crushing tight and it's a nice slim fit. If you're that worried about it you can always buy the one wash model from bears, which will give you measurements and wont shrink.

Size 28 is not going to be too big. They will fit you very slim the way they're supposed to. I wear 27 in new standard and even sized up to a 30 because I didn't want ball crushing tight and it's a nice slim fit. If you're that worried about it you can always buy the one wash model from bears, which will give you measurements and wont shrink.

great!

thanks very much :)

I've been looking at this jacket on Rakuten:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s0552cx/

And after running the link through the Google Translation tool, I still can't make sense of it. From the paragraph below the size chart, I think it says the jacket will shrink TO those measurments after a wash, is this correct?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

panda-san. it says that those jackets are all one-washed. therefore, the shrinkage is out of the way already. so i say go with your actual size.

Anyone know if this version of the Lee 101Bs are sanforized? I'm thinking of getting them, but I'm not that familiar with Lee. It's supposed to be, right? But the seller claims they'll shrink a size. Also, that they're Japanese denim, which, if sf experience is any indication, means that they're probably not, right? If they aren't how much will they shrink in the leg?

22c2_1.jpg

20f9_0.jpg

1e6f_1_b.jpg

1ff5_1.jpg

Thanks for the infos/insights.

What does the term "Broken twill" mean ?

Instead of the twill running to the right or left, broken twill jeans (traditionally considered the cowboy-preferred denim) contain no distinct direction of weave, instead alternating right and left with the end effect resembling a random zig-zag pattern. Wrangler made the first broken twill jeans in 1964. Broken twill was designed to combat the twisting effect that was a characteristic of regular twill (and considered a ‘fault’ by many at the time, a fault that Levi’s capitalized on a few years back with the launch of its Engineered Jeans™). By going on both directions, the tension in the yarns is balanced.

there's a thread on leg twist around here somwhere that might also help.

i stole that from here http://www.thememagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=115

which i just found. don't agree w/ everything on there but the broken twill information is acurate as far as i can tell. But yeah it prevents leg twist..

thanks alot! exactly what i was looking for

do they ship to the US?

getting around this site is like trying to teach a gorrilla how to write a novel loll

I've heard Hinoya ships to the US, and I think there's a link in the encyclopedia about how to setup a Rakuten account.

I couldn't make sense of it though, so I just pay extra to have 2000db buy stuff for me.

You might have *a bit* more luck navigating if you use the Google translator. Just Google "Google Translation."

One more question:

What do I need to watch out for if I wish to get a pair of salvage jeans tailored?

If you're going to get jeans tapered, then take the jeans in from the inseam, not the outseam! Don't let the tailor cut up the selvage outseam (unless you're getting something major done and altering the outseam is the only thing they can do).

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic