SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so soaking the nudies would help it not bleed as much right? any suggestions on drying it? i have already soaked it. it is now hang drying. could i possibly stick the nudies in the dryer with just air drying? ( spinning with just air ) would that help or would that just make things wosrt? please give me suggestions on drying nudies SSKS

to make my question simple, can someone comment on how SD'A jeans (specifically ones with the SD-103 silhouette) measure when raw, and how they shrink and stretch?

i'm guessing they shrink to tag size, and then stretch a little. the reason i ask is because I'm wondering if i can go one size down from my normal size because I've lost some weight recently and want a good fit. thanks

fallen angels. you've got it right about the shrinking and stretching. i sized down 1 from a 34 which is my normal waist size. the 33 was quite tight at first and has stretched to a comfortable but relatively slim fit over about 5-6 months. most people have said that the sd103 does not stretch as much as most other jeans and i'd have to agree, but as long as you can get them on after the soak, you'll be fine. i love my 103s and highly recommend them.

edit: i should mention i have the standard 103s and not the xx, lefty denim, etc.

i dont have time to take a picture of this right now since im going to leave for school soon but does anyone get their flap of the button fly openning? and if that happens why is it happening? because these arent tight in the waist area theyre pretty snug but not tight.

Hello superfuture.

the issue of apc new standard sizing must have been the most discussed one on this site. So if you dont feel like answering, don't, because I feel im pretty safe with a 30 after reading most of the apc thread. however, I think i should add it just to be sure.

Will a size 30 new standard jean give me approximately a 32 inch waist measured when laid flat and doubled?

The more important question is where can i get these jeans the cheapest online or in the Netherlands/Germany(cologne bonn area). On the apc site the larger sizes are all sold out. I heard denimbar has a good deal but I'm not sure if they ship overseas.

Thanks,

tobi

this may sound stupid but here goes... if i wash my jeans (that were distressed/washed when i bought them) will anything change about them (color change/shrinkage ect.)? and how should i dry them?

jeans will always lose indigo over time (and wash, and wear), and they'll always shrink up a little after washing and drying.

whether jeans are distressed/washed or raw: always wash inside-out, always hang dry.

Ok sorry I know I've read the answer to this some where, but search is borked for me

Okay I have a pair of 8 month APC's , "Regular" level of usage as a student. Heavy fishnet/honey combs and bum fading and knee spot fades. And some belt area fades. Acceptable considering I don't do anything physical.

HOWEVER , I soaked em and they didn't lose color. So a week later I washed them in the machine on warm/gentle. HOWEVER I used a load's worth of Woolite Black/Noir, that anti fading stuff. My jeans look actually...darker..possibly..? Some of the fades aren't as defined now. I think that wash actually made them darker. Anyone have suggestions to "Busting" out jeans in a short amount of time, and what kinda wash should I do to make a HEAVY impact. Like make em lose at least 2-5 shades of color. So when I pull it out of the washer, it's like "Whoa.."

Searched, and read through the forums to no avail...

I remember reading that people have stretched the inseams of their jeans, when wet, by hanging weights off them etc.

I washed my new standards an the inseam is now just a little too short, no more than an inch, but I want to wash them again and stretch the hell out of them to make them longer. I understand the principal, but am curious about the technique?

What techniques of stretching, hanging weights off, lengthening have you guys heard of / tried?

How do you secure the weight to the bottom of the leg, and top of the jeans?

Cheers

Ok sorry I know I've read the answer to this some where, but search is borked for me

Okay I have a pair of 8 month APC's , "Regular" level of usage as a student. Heavy fishnet/honey combs and bum fading and knee spot fades. And some belt area fades. Acceptable considering I don't do anything physical.

HOWEVER , I soaked em and they didn't lose color. So a week later I washed them in the machine on warm/gentle. HOWEVER I used a load's worth of Woolite Black/Noir, that anti fading stuff. My jeans look actually...darker..possibly..? Some of the fades aren't as defined now. I think that wash actually made them darker. Anyone have suggestions to "Busting" out jeans in a short amount of time, and what kinda wash should I do to make a HEAVY impact. Like make em lose at least 2-5 shades of color. So when I pull it out of the washer, it's like "Whoa.."

yeah use a little bit of bleach in your wash and wash it on the most heavy duty spinning and dont use woolite black.

Can some kind soul help me to translate the following japanese email that i have received from Bears, into English? Google translation tools isn't helping at all. Thanks in advance.

こんにちは、STAFFの中江です。

先日はご注文頂き有難うございました。

つきましては、ご注文商品、1点分でのご発送との事、御了承頂き

有難うございます。

本日商品をご発送致しますので、お客様のご住所ですと、早くて明日にはお届け出来るかと思いま す。

それでは、お届けまで今しばらくお待ち下さい。

又何かございましたらお気軽にご連絡下さい。

この度はご利用、ご連絡頂き有難うございました。

Hi

im a noob to superfuture....just wondering if there's a thread out there that gives sizing/fit information for various denim brands

for instance, the edwin nashvilles...how straight and slim are they compared to say nudie straight svens or earnest sewn fultons?

precise measurements would be extremely helpful too! thanks

Hi

im a noob to superfuture....just wondering if there's a thread out there that gives sizing/fit information for various denim brands

for instance, the edwin nashvilles...how straight and slim are they compared to say nudie straight svens or earnest sewn fultons?

precise measurements would be extremely helpful too! thanks

there's no grand superfuture jean size matrix, if that's what you're asking (but how nice would that be, huh?)...

best plan is to measure the jeans that you have, then contact sellers directly and ask for measurements to compare.

Question: I was looking at some jeans today, but didn't know what the brand was, it didn't have a tag anywhere to indicate the brand. However, it did have some printing on the pocket liner, what appears to be some type of a story, and the title was "James The Third", the story then goes on to instruct the owner how to take care of the jeans.

Can someone tell me what these jeans are?

Thanks in Advance.

im 6ft 155lbs and just got my Samurai S710 19oz, size 30w s710s, THEY ARE FUCKING TIGHT! i can barely sit down, button them(partly due to the super-tough/thick denim), and trying to get my hands into the front pockets is a lost cause

these are my first serious japanese, heavyweight, no-nonsense jeans

Question:should i wear them to soak to prevent them from shrinking to the point i cant even fit into them? what about after a wash? should i return them and size up 1? i may just be paranoid, but seeing as how thick and armour like they are, im not sure how much/easily theyll stretch out, or if theyll fit after a wash at all :confused:

Crate jeans, the style is James. They are dry jeans usually at barneys that is fitted slim through the thighs with a very slight bootcut. Pretty decent jeans when you can get them on sale. There are a couple people on the forum and on the other sf with them and most seem to like them.

Question: I was looking at some jeans today, but didn't know what the brand was, it didn't have a tag anywhere to indicate the brand. However, it did have some printing on the pocket liner, what appears to be some type of a story, and the title was "James The Third", the story then goes on to instruct the owner how to take care of the jeans.

Can someone tell me what these jeans are?

Thanks in Advance.

I just got a pair of prps purple selvage jeans. Absolutely love em. But the leather patch looks a little dull. Was wondering if I could add alitle oil to these to make em look better. I hear its only good for real leather and not suede or anything so i wanted to confirm that the prps jeans had real leather patches.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17026&page=3

I really like the look on the oiled patches.

So what product should I use? Some are saying that mink oil is bad and some say its fine.

also anyone know what weight denim is the prps purple selvage? They feel kinda light.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic