WAYWT 2024 Denim Edition

MJF9

10 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Same thing has been happening to me since the upgrade. Have no idea why

hmm... your guess as good as mine 🤷‍♂️ ... i can take a look at the settings to see if there is some clue... 

are you uploading via the upload tool or linking to another image url?
i cant reproduce it on the image upload... 

Edited by superfuture

5 hours ago, superfuture said:

hmm... your guess as good as mine 🤷‍♂️ ... i can take a look at the settings to see if there is some clue... 

are you uploading via the upload tool or linking to another image url?
i cant reproduce it on the image upload... 

Thanks.

Vi'a the upload tool. The weird thing is that the photos which are on their side are just random, no rhyme or reason.

Forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago but here’s my stab at a Take Ivy esque look (also no denim)

Columbiaknit rugby shirt/J Press shirt/Buzz Rickson WW2 chinos/Rancourt beefroll loafers in eggplant honcho leather

IMG_2578.jpeg

14 hours ago, CSL said:

image.thumb.jpeg.822faf8573d7952f6a5f96ae72e13021.jpeg

Finally got myself a Flat Head shirt.

FW cap

Companion

Dunrite Belt/vintage buckle/Hollows key gizmo

Lofgren

great composition of the photo.... country land horizont, clouds ... bored dogs... long shadow of the end of the day... great flash colour of shirt and nicely broken jeans.... picture of the week

Edited by vIGGiou riou

Thanks vIGGiou riou & Cold Summer for the kind comments!

On 2/14/2024 at 1:43 PM, Broark said:

This hoodie is the closest thing I own to red for Valentine’s Day. 
Freewheelers hoodie.
Freewheelers 601XX-C.
John Lofgren Devil’s Causeway.
IMG_6278.thumb.jpeg.0d2a1fe2ba30544cb2c8b1e4998a2f52.jpeg

That hoodie is so sick

@julian-wolf I’m happy you’ve been putting wear in your Achilles Heel - how are you liking them? I’m enjoying mine but they’re more like a specialty pair for me at the moment. They’re probably the pair I have I most want to see thrashed and will take the longest to get there. I’m pretty committed to my FW 51’s at least through May, and by then I’ll probably opt for a lighter/looser pair like my TCB ‘20s or my FC 0105 for the summer.

@AlientoyWorkmachine I’ve really been enjoying them; I’ve probably worn them 3–4 times a week. They’re extremely comfortable, and feel pretty flattering too. They’re already showing significant signs of wear on the thighs, which is a bit of a surprise, having seen how long the woad dyed Type 900 has taken to lighten up. At this rate, I’ll probably be able to post some update photos by the Fall.

The Achilles Heel aspect is a turn-off for me, in principle, but I don’t find it to be noticeable on these jeans in practice. The indigo overdye itself is lovely; it’s a little brighter than the woad, and also less consistent.

I’ve been leaning into the Tender Co. aesthetic a lot, in general. I have a couple of pairs of non-jeans pants that I wear, but all of my actual jeans have been at least vaguely (and usually not so vaguely) repro style for the last bunch of years, now, so these feel like a pretty big departure from what I’m used to, and from what I think of as my comfort zone. An interesting side effect of wearing these more—or maybe a cause for me being drawn to wear these more—is that, for the first time in years, I’m rarely wearing button up shirts, and am relying in stead on tees and thermals. It’s nice feeling more casual, and it’s definitely more cozy. On the other end of things, I’m noticing my knit tops getting little snags & pulls from everyday life in places where woven shirts wouldn’t. I’ve been speculating with friends as to what middle ground I’ll reach, there.

@julian-wolf 

Interesting stuff, but you've got a sympathizer here.

I enjoy repro stuff but have always had a soft spot for, for lack of a better term, less conventional items to mix in. Why I've always been a big fan of Tender. Funny enough, I've been dressing this way for a good long while now and one of the roads it has led me down is a pretty strong aversion to button down shirts - which I've more or less abandoned since 2018. While I enjoy repro cuts and details I have no interest in looking "Western" (at least in the American sense), really at all. A button down with jeans is just generally not my thing. I still have a few solid old Pendleton wool shirts that are nice enough and come out if they're really needed (and I'll try to avoid the jeans if so). So I am a big fan of knits of all kinds, and generally find ways to make up for my avoidance of the collar depending on the occasion. That said, yes, the knits can be susceptible to such things which is why I have a stable of sweatshirts (no sufu brands here) that I'm in for more active times. If it's chilly, paired with merino base you get both worlds of warmth and avoiding the headache of something really nice getting too fouled up - that's the general solution I've had.

The Achilles Heel thing is interesting to me, I've certainly got a few pieces that are louder in presentation than the jeans, but I do appreciate that on the jeans it's sort of only "if you know you know" sort of detail. 

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

On the other end of things, I’m noticing my knit tops getting little snags & pulls from everyday life in places where woven shirts wouldn’t. I’ve been speculating with friends as to what middle ground I’ll reach, there.

Maybe the "Blue Mogganer" sweaters sold by Bosie are worth looking into?  I feel like some of them could fit in with the handful of Tender pants that I've seen - the moss stitch sweaters in particular. They're inspired by vintage mariner knits and most are made of 4-ply Shetland wool, which should be sturdier than cashmere or merino. They are super warm though, so they really only work in deep winter and probably would still be susceptible to snags.