TCB

1 hour ago, Mtvare said:

What looks impractical about them?

The suspender buttons (is that what they are called?), and the exposed rivets which look like they could do some damage to whatever you are sitting on. I guess you could just hammer them flat though. I love how they look in terms of the fabric and fit. Think they’d pair nicely with the Cathartt chore coat. Just worried that since I will not wear them with suspenders, it wouldn’t be a good purchase?

You can wear them with a belt just fine! I’ve seen the 20s fabric in person and tried a pair on, they’re really nice. The rivets can definitely be hammered down, or even filed to round off the nipple, I imagine. I passed on a pair because I was into slimmer cuts at the time, but now I’d love to try them.

12 minutes ago, chicote said:

You can wear them with a belt just fine! I’ve seen the 20s fabric in person and tried a pair on, they’re really nice. The rivets can definitely be hammered down, or even filed to round off the nipple, I imagine. I passed on a pair because I was into slimmer cuts at the time, but now I’d love to try them.

Nice, thanks! I figured a belt on top of those buttons would be super uncomfortable.

If you size them correctly, the cinch will do its job and you won’t need a belt. I had a pair of LVC 1915s (similar to the 20s but no belt loops) and they were fine with the cinch. I wouldn’t wear a belt over suspenders and if you look at some old photos, it seems that a number of those who did opt for a belt simply removed the suspender buttons. 
I wouldn’t buy another pair with exposed rivers though as they do scratch chairs, floors, etc unless you flatten them out.

@sven i got a pair a few months ago and thinking they will be my go to for the summer - probably just a few weeks of wear at this point. I haven’t had a problem with the rivets but I could see it, I guess. I sized up one for roominess and have the cinch yanked pretty tight with no belt. Love being able to get a looser pair and not need a belt. I’d rank them as more convenient than other jeans for this reason - as sizing up and belting is way more annoying and uncomfortable for me. I can’t imagine very defined fades in these at all, so I may wash a lot, but the denim is the softest I’ve had in a new (one wash) pair. 
I’ve never worn suspenders and never have any plans to - if I do I’d imagine that means I must have hit my head really hard at some point before that. I got the jeans for the cut and the lighter denim. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

I wear 20s and some other pants with suspenders, it is quite comfortable after some time for getting use to it. Well, usually with a sweater or jacket on top. Never had a problem with rivets. If you're worried about damaging something with them, you have to give up denim at the same time, it can leave marks on light-coloured leather or light-coloured walls.

I like braces / suspenders with the right jeans or trousers. Carefully done, imo they can look great. You have to stand tall in them though and stare back when they look at you thinking wtf!

I have a couple of sets from FHUTT which I haven't worn in a while - this prompts me to get em out. I do think they need wider jeans or trousers with space at the waist.

My 20s above are from the first batch. At the time, I thought they were wide. In reality now, based on what I wear more of now, they're not. Last time I wore these it was beltless and cinched up. 

Also never had an issue (at least that I've noticed) with the exposed rivets.

If you're buying 20s jeans, why not embrace the 20s aesthetic?

11 hours ago, MJF9 said:

If you're buying 20s jeans, why not embrace the 20s aesthetic?

Love to see it on others, but I like them for their details not necessarily the era or accompanying period correct pieces. Lots of old designs translate really well newly made, and I like mixing them with what's out there now. Some people rock the historical ensemble well but there's a fine line to where it becomes...noticeable. Which can be great for those who are aware/going for that. I like that sometimes too - I've got a few louder (contemporary) pieces, so it's similar but different. But I've never been much of a vintage head or anything.

Beautiful pair btw, gets me excited for mine....in a decade or so! 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

12 hours ago, MJF9 said:

My 20s above are from the first batch. At the time, I thought they were wide. In reality now, based on what I wear more of now, they're not.

Mine are not from the first batch (I assume that's the contest batch right?) but from a few months after the FC issue. I was completely the same, at the time they seemed so wide, and the rise felt so high. Funny how things turned out where now they're the lowest rised pants that I own and second least wide (after the S40s).

1 hour ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Lots of old designs translate really well newly made, and I like mixing them with what's out there now.

Same. I put in an order for both the 20s and a Cathartt Chore Coat today though, so I guess I’ll be going full cosplay this spring.

@MJF9 Those look fantastic. Love everything about how these fade.

Cheers gents... just checked and they were shipped to me on 10th Feb 2017.  So over 6 years ago.  It was the first ever batch Inoue made of the 20s, before the contest batch.  I pre-ordered and had to wait for them.  It was the days before TCB had a website and Ryo to manage the comms in English... fun and games

I haven't worn them for ages but did so today. Definitely slimmer than my current fits, nice and light weight and well worn in.  Agreeing the fading on this denim is nice.  

On 4/19/2023 at 3:48 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Couple more items for sale, this time from TCB. Both are slightly darker and bluer in real life than they are in the photos.

TCB Seamen’s Jacket, one wash unworn, size 38/M - £110 plus shipping

10oz neppy denim, bought in 2014 but never worn as I have a shawl collar LVC jacket in navy that's quite similar.

Measurements (buttoned up):

• Shoulders - 18.75”
  • Chest - 21.25”
  • Sleeves (from shoulder to cuff) - 24.75”
  • Sleeves (from armpit to cuff) - 19.5”
  • Back length (from base of collar) - 26.75”
  • Across bottom of jacket - 21.5”

6AD39395-489B-4E5C-8007-0922F6D849C8.jpeg

9B628544-F0B3-488B-8484-CD124A208570.jpeg

34B92DD6-B9F5-4DD6-AAB3-03EE7158978F.jpeg

00A1DBC9-D710-4E6A-986C-04E05B2CF2E0.jpeg

TCB USMC denim shorts - one wash, size M - SOLD

Same 10oz neppy denim as the jacket, a little big on the waist so worn less than 5 times. Have some creases from being folded in storage that will drop out.

Measurements:

• Waist - 17”
  • Front rise - 14”
  • Back rise - 16.75”
  • Thigh - 13”
  • Inseam - 6.5”
  • Hem - 11.75”

445E53E5-7CAA-4F44-917C-86607DC2062A.jpeg

B05287AA-AC51-4907-B145-8EC21C24FCF5.jpeg

FD083D10-BB86-4790-AEFF-8418F7B49061.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

On 4/4/2023 at 2:27 AM, sven said:

The suspender buttons (is that what they are called?), and the exposed rivets which look like they could do some damage to whatever you are sitting on. I guess you could just hammer them flat though. I love how they look in terms of the fabric and fit. Think they’d pair nicely with the Cathartt chore coat. Just worried that since I will not wear them with suspenders, it wouldn’t be a good purchase?

TCB 20s ' back pockets are located upper position than other jeans. thus the exposed rivets are way far from any surfaces when you sit on them. dont worry. 

Well, the sanforized has been treated to shrink less (usually up to 3%). So the fabric will definitely shrink less than an unsanforized denim (which can shrink up to 10%). How that translates in which size you should take depends on how TCB already calculated that in their patterns.