TCB

Thanks Goodrain, I definitely feel like i've got a ways to go, volvo's pair is pretty epic, I'm only 7 months in. Looking forward to wearing these out until the 20s contest comes along!

Edited by nycsurfer530

Here's a little update on my 50's jeans. They are really starting to take off with whiskers beginning to form and a beautiful electric blue coming through. Jeans probably have 7 months of wear with washes almost every week to every other week.

First a shot of fall in NYC

6dvsv8x.jpg?1

A friend was taking a video of my climbing at my gym (in my 50s jeans!), here's a screen shot of the video. not good quality though

0as9Xfb.jpg?1

Finally here are the jeans first couple shots have bad lighting but you can see some marbling and whiskers. 

VSBczj8.jpg?1

GtwE17N.jpg?1

Here are the jeans in natural light with my with a little shot of my suede alden boots

PxfrCbu.jpg?1

great update!!!!  i am also in love with my 50's jeans.  loving the feel of the zimbabwe cotton.

frankly I think that Holio's pair loooks even better, a bit less contrast and much more texture. These 60's were washed a bit too little. anyhoo if you like them here's my recipe... no washes for the fitst three months, then a monthly wash for about three months, then washes every two weeks for another three months. after that I just washed the jeans whenever it was needed. after one year they'll look faded, after 18 months they'll start to look really great. my pair was worn really lots, they're full of repairs. I spent so much money on repairs that i could easily buy another pair of 60's... but all in all I think it was worth it. I enjoy to dig them out once a week or so. front pockets are now about to blow out so I'll need to send them over to Mr Handy Denim soon, for the third time!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

I kinda like the creases I got on mine after much wear and being the big stout handsome man I am I've never bothered about it as there is no way on earth I could avoid those pleats to not bulge out!

Not particularly feeling his fit too but it's an old story. He's a former Tcb coworker and was the first model in the tcb blog. His facial expressions sometimes were absolutely hilarious, I am just happy to see his face in the Tcb blog...

^ respect for the volvo fellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my 1993 volvo 240 has recently surpassed 500k km's. post a pic!

I kinda remember my first pair to be stretching quite a bit, while my second pair seems to be more stable. but the answer may as well be that in between the two pairs I've become fatter!

there's some stretch anyway, but deffo not loads of it. What I recall is that both my 36 pairs are 35.5 waist after shrink and stretch to 36 bang on. I can stretch them a bit more than that if needed but not loads. My suggestion is size TTS with TCB anyway, if you want to get the fit the maker had in his mind.

If you like slim comforming jeans then TCB may not make you happy, despite they're happy jeans!

^ respect for the volvo fellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my 1993 volvo 240 has recently surpassed 500k km's. post a pic!

I kinda remember my first pair to be stretching quite a bit, while my second pair seems to be more stable. but the answer may as well be that in between the two pairs I've become fatter!

there's some stretch anyway, but deffo not loads of it. What I recall is that both my 36 pairs are 35.5 waist after shrink and stretch to 36 bang on. I can stretch them a bit more than that if needed but not loads. My suggestion is size TTS with TCB anyway, if you want to get the fit the maker had in his mind.

If you like slim comforming jeans then TCB may not make you happy, despite they're happy jeans!

Thanks for the info! I like comfortable pants now, no more superfuture size down -3. I'm getting old. Here's my wagon. I enjoy learning wrenching on it, so it's a bit spoiled. I hope to get many years out of it. I recently did the trailing arm bushing replacement and as a beginner that job will continue to haunt me. Oh and compressing the springs to put in Kaplhenke strutt mounts was stressful. 

YJTb.jpg

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

ahh beautiful. such a deliciously designed and sturdy car. the best indeed! It always looks good even when it's not in mint conditions.

I love that chrome rackroof that US models had. Years ago I bought one of them for my 1993 white whale, but still havent got around to solder the euro racks holes and drill some more holes in the roof to install it. When I bought it I still was an uneducated volvo heathen who thought the holes would have been the same for all sort of roofs!

I did a lot of work on my own on my volvos for about 4 yrs, when a good friend and volvo 240 sensei was living nearby. With his help and assistance I replaced the timing belt on both my 240's worked on suspension, changed a clutch etc etc. Sadly those days are gone, he moved too far away to meet and spend nights together in a garage and I am too busy with work and family to have time to play the big lego game!

Guys! My 50s jacket finally arrived after being held up in customs for what feels like weeks.

The fit is perfect, so thanks Sufu-dudes a lot for input on sizing. I mostly wear low or medium rise jeans, so the length is exactly right for me.

The denim feels amazing and actually even better than most LVC jackets I've tried on the past months.

So, this is what a size 40 (one washed) looks like on a 5'10, 161lbs frame with semi-wide shoulders and hips:

FullSizeRender_zpsdiur1mjo.jpg

IMG_3145_zpsm0uwg30q.jpg

Edited by Redheadbluebottom

Speaking of 50's jackets, I finally get to wear this thing again since moving to Los Angeles, and it's starting to show it's colors. 

DSCF3110_zpsyrxkcj1d.jpgDSCF3111_zpsce0hqeug.jpgDSCF3113_zpsroz7no1r.jpgDSCF3114_zpsrmumuq8p.jpgWashed countless times and this denim really holds up well to frequent washings and dryer runs (can't say the same for the 60's denim). 

Edited by Hendsch

I cannot get over the length of those jackets. I don't understand it. 

guys wanting to wear their shirts untucked. 

personally, I think the jackets would look better 3" shorter, closer to the original style.  take 2" off the sleeves while they're at it.      

guys wanting to wear their shirts untucked. 

personally, I think the jackets would look better 3" shorter, closer to the original style.  take 2" off the sleeves while they're at it.      

That, and guys wearing low-rise jeans who find the original ones extremely short when the jeans are low on the hips. But you're right about the shirts too.

I agree about the sleeve length, many of us ~5'10 guys seem to have to one-cuff them.