TCB

the duck jacket is washed, so you can expect a minimal shrink, 0,5 cm pit to pit. at least that was the story with my duck vest, made with the same fabric.

I wore the jacket three days since I've got it and it stretched out a bit. I don't plan to wash it for now though.

If anyone has experience with the TCB 50s denim jacket, I could use some input regarding fit and sizing.  I believe volvo240thebest has this one and posted some nice pictures last year.  It's priced more reasonably than comparable Type II's from Fullcount or Samurai -- is this typical of TCB, in general, or something specific to this jacket?  Thanks, in advance, for the input!

^50s jacket is definitely a slim fit jacket- not a typical type 2 fit. If your on the fence about two sizes go for the bigger size. They also run on the longer end. TCB is always priced reasonable but don't think that's a reflection in quality. I love every item I have from Inoue and quality is always top notch. The 50s fabric also fades beautifully!

@heavydoom true, my jeans version in size 40 is a bit loose and 40 in duck version seems  just nice....

yeah, i love the fit of the 40 duck version.  it actually was the biggest size that the tcb site offered.  so i had to get the 40.  it's the perfect length and the sleeve length is perfect.  it will be the perfect spring jacket with just a t shirt. 

Hi guys,

Another size question about the 50s jean jacket.. I know you've had a few so bear with me:

Im a hair under 5'11 (178cm) and around 160 lbs (72kg). These are some measurements from a semi heavyweight denim shirt that fits me well (in cm):

Chest 51

Shoulder 45.5

Length 72 (long back for tucking)

Sleeve 65

As far as I can tell from inoue-sans own charts, the 40 seems right to me, but what do you think? I would like to be able to layer under it but also to just wear it with a tee.

Much obliged!

I don't mind the longer fit than the old school type 2s, since the length of those is what's kept me from owning one. I realise though that the look might be sloppy if it's too long, but we'll see.

I don't think I would be able to move around in the 38 with anything underneath it, so I'm glad to hear the 40 is stil snug on you.

TCB featured on japanese telly!

scroll at around 11'00'' to see the TCB factory and Inoue San himself in all his denim splendour!

Edited by volvo240thebest

The armpits are pretty snug but I like it. It's a pretty slim jacket in my opinion and it's slightly shortened but I can't remember how many centimetres. I swapped my 60s jacket for the 50s with holio cornolio here on sufu.

it was shortened by about an inch and a half as I recall.

Here's a little update on my 50's jeans. They are really starting to take off with whiskers beginning to form and a beautiful electric blue coming through. Jeans probably have 7 months of wear with washes almost every week to every other week.

First a shot of fall in NYC

6dvsv8x.jpg?1

A friend was taking a video of my climbing at my gym (in my 50s jeans!), here's a screen shot of the video. not good quality though

0as9Xfb.jpg?1

Finally here are the jeans first couple shots have bad lighting but you can see some marbling and whiskers. 

VSBczj8.jpg?1

GtwE17N.jpg?1

Here are the jeans in natural light with my with a little shot of my suede alden boots

PxfrCbu.jpg?1