TCB

People who picked up the ranchman, how you liking it? Has it stretched out much?

hi Bradl, I have both the chambray and denim version and love them. neither will stretch and the way the shirt is designed (eg high on armpits) doen't make it a good candidate for a shirt that you could wear loads between washes.

I wear a 42 (same size of my other TCB tops and my TTS sizing) but could possibly fit better a 44. My advice for this is size up.

the fabrics and contructions are both top shelf. The denim crinkles and puckers like crazy the more you wash it.

here's how the chambray version fits on me:

mRp9kwV.jpg

for reference

height 178 cm/5′10″

weight 90 kg/200 lbs

bare chest measurement: 41 inches

size: 42

peep the high bottom button, some people are bothered by it, I am not and it works great when tucking in.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Hmmm I remember it didn't work the greatest for me when it first came out, but wanted to check to see if it suits me now. The high lower button wouldn't bother me as I tuck all my shirts for work, my main concern is having good range of motion. But judging by your pictures a 42 should work fairly decent.

I got a 42 as well, worked out great for me. It is a bit slimmer than I normally wear but it is not tight anywhere and I don't even mind the bottom button anymore. I wear it to work a lot and don't find that I have any issues with range of motion. 

fit 

IleIZMA.jpg

Was just walking around Silver Lake here in LA and saw a dude with a full TCB tux (western shirt, 60's) was gonna stop the guy but did not want to be creepy  :unsure:

In other news, I just got some 60's jeans that should be here any day now!

tcb brown duck 50's jacket now live on the tcb webshop!!!!   i think this jacket is a limited time offering until the end of december of this year.  the largest size is 40. 

go jays go!!!!!!!!!!!

just took delivery, to quote my own words, of the tcb x classic works duck cloth 50's jkt and it slays!

quick fit pic, sorry for the mess!

1suAhsC.jpg

the 50's jacket fit had been revised a bit since my prototype denim one it seems. I am pleased to see that the duck jacket is much shorter. much better! It's a smidgen tighter than the denim but i think it will stretch. really well made, nice clean even straight stitching. the jacket doens't sport the full chainstitch construction of the denim version, probably Hajime reckoned a different construction worked better for the fabric. this means the stitching won't disintegrate with hard wear, dunno how this will shrink and pucker, probably not just as much as the denim version.  the duck cloth fabric is absolutely fantastic  but it feels a bit light in weight for a jacket of this type, this is the only criticism I have so far.

more photos when time permits!

i google translated what hajime said about this duck version of the tcb50 jacket :

This item will be Brown Duck ver of most of the long-selling 50'sJK in TCB. Fabric is the fabric of 13oz of woven yarn unevenness of Zimbabwe cotton high density based on the familiar duck material of vintage in the foremen vest or carpenter or chore. TCB is produced on the basis of the paper patch of Levi's 507XX of vintage owned (2nd Type). Since it has to modify the silhouette-class even in modern front pocket I have put a stitch in the 2-needle sewing machine, stitch, such as rice balls on the corner. And since it moved to flap sewing without turning off the yarn from the pocket sewing stitch Contains up under flap. Kang stop of the front pocket, the thickness of the vintage to our customers, we have the same position and adjust the width. Rolled seam of quite difficult armhole Among the manufacturing process also is due to vintage sewing machine. Band, cuffs sewing at once without earth sewing back chain stitch, by the Special Union to Obisaki.
Edited by heavydoom

received the tcb50 duck jacket.  size 40.  a perfect fit for me.  sleeves are on point.  length of the jacket as well.  it came with a leather patch.  i thought it would be a paper one.  the duck material is very light.  perfect for the spring and perfect as a layering piece underneath a winter jacket.