TCB

It looks good on you. imo all that matters is a) are you comfortable and b) do you feel cool. If both are true you will wear them and get a good fade! if not they will sit in a drawer and you can ebay them in 1-2 years.

13 minutes ago, tooth said:

Agree, the TCB’s look great.

Also, not sure how tight the Fullcount’s are in the waist (or how you’re looking to wear them), but that denim can stretch a lot.

They are pretty tight. They measured 37 cm across when they arrived (size guide had them as 40) and they've now stretched to 39. I was hoping to start around 40 and stretch them to around 42 so don't think it's gonna happen.

I compared measurements between the TCB 50s and FCs just there and 50s are slightly bigger everywhere apart from the rise. Funny as from the photos I feel FCs look significantly wider.

Nice pocket bags, and looks like they adjusted the cut slightly (at least on the larger sizes.
Waist is a touch smaller, thighs are bigger and rise is significantly lower.
Admittedly I couldn't stand the fit of the S40s contest jeans, so it's nice to see some revisions.

I'm just trying to triangulate the fit now actually, comparing to my 50's and the old S40's, which they also have on preorder run at present. I recall many comments on here around the exorbitant rise and oddly slender fit, I can see how that would totally nail it for some.

I've got the 50's in a 33, but I always yearned for a bit more room - I feel like I would go all the way to 36 in the new late S40's!

Edited by Alec Leamas

42 minutes ago, Broark said:

Nice pocket bags, and looks like they adjusted the cut slightly (at least on the larger sizes.
Waist is a touch smaller, thighs are bigger and rise is significantly lower.
Admittedly I couldn't stand the fit of the S40s contest jeans, so it's nice to see some revisions.

Looks really better than the contest pair back then.

I've always like their stuff and it usually works well for me, but I really like my1890s No. 2 tux for its attention to detail. It also feels like it has less pattern quirks than some of their older stuff. These updated s40s look similar in attention to detail at a quick glance and the pattern looks more accommodating than the original s40s, especially through the hips

I finally got time to comb over the size chart for the new WW2 late 40s model. All measurements look identical to the 1890s, at least in my size. The hips and waistband seem to have a bit more of the flare of the 1890s than the nipped design of the original s40s too.

I think that they'd fit and suit me pretty well, but I have no clue if I'll end up buying them. I actually don't own any WW2 repros, but others catch my eye as well

Probably pulling the trigger for the new 40s preorder. I'm really torn on what size though. I've gone through so many pairs over the last 4 years since I've started weightlifting. I'm 5'9 173 lbs, true size 34, but need a thigh < 13". Judging by the waist/around measurement a size 36 would look like it could work - I figure with the higher rise, they could sit a little lower on my hips and give me enough room in the top block. I feel like if I go with a size 38 the waist will be too big and give me crotch folds. The jeans I'm mainly wearing now are the Rivet & Hide RJB collab jeans  in a size 34 and they feel too snug, likely could of gone with a 36 there. Idk what to do, I told myself I would only buy new jeans in person, but these look too good to pass up 😅

3 hours ago, NilsLW said:

The jeans I personally wear the most are the ones I’ve sized up in.

Definitely prefer looser cuts these days, but the problem I've had in the past with sizing up is with the waist being too big - where the waist band cinches and folds over itself when wearing a belt and the crotch bunches up. I've had the waist taken in on a couple of pairs of jeans that I've sized up in (using Railcar's downsizing service) and the results have never been great. I have an email out to Ryo at TCB to get his thoughts on sizing...

3 hours ago, space_cowboy said:

Definitely prefer looser cuts these days, but the problem I've had in the past with sizing up is with the waist being too big - where the waist band cinches and folds over itself when wearing a belt and the crotch bunches up. I've had the waist taken in on a couple of pairs of jeans that I've sized up in (using Railcar's downsizing service) and the results have never been great. I have an email out to Ryo at TCB to get his thoughts on sizing...

Curious if you've tried taking to a tailor to have your jeans darted before. You should have good options in Chicago. I've never heard of railcar's downsizing service. I just looked at it and see that they advertise it as better than darting, but I'm not sure what's wrong with a good old dart.

YMMV but to me this says the cut just isn’t what you’re after. Yes, jeans are not tailored garments and close enough is usually enough but there are jeans that have those fuller legs without the sloppy waist, (like Tender 132/ or FC 0105 or many others) they’re just not the 40s. 

I think it's cool to get a dart or other modification done. It's in the spirit of the reproduction, it's what people would have done at the time. You'll have a one of a kind pair and fade. If you're into that kind of thing.

53 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

YMMV but to me this says the cut just isn’t what you’re after. Yes, jeans are not tailored garments and close enough is usually enough but there are jeans that have those fuller legs without the sloppy waist, (like Tender 132/ or FC 0105 or many others) they’re just not the 40s. 

Yeah -- I hear you. I've been looking at the FC 0105. Wish Bears still had domestic pricing for their jeans 🙃. I feel like these types of cuts are few and far between for Japanese brands.

1 hour ago, space_cowboy said:

Yeah -- I hear you. I've been looking at the FC 0105. Wish Bears still had domestic pricing for their jeans 🙃. I feel like these types of cuts are few and far between for Japanese brands.

Take a look at belafonte, black sign and Moto. I think we have a similar problem. My current only options with tcb is the overalls in seaman trousers.