Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

 

For ppl wondering how white stuffs ages years later.

i got three models and material for your ref.

 

one is ss-j4 wb-400 with nanosphere. It’s like 10 years usage with daily biking, causal wear. Oh of course food dirt like oil also split before, but it would be cleaned well, least in my opinion. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZRlh2OUROSkxT

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZQ3luL3hldTdZ

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZSGZMZnI0aW9o

 

Another is stotz white sp1ts-s,age would like around 5 years. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJaMitGUG1tZE9DN3k1MmJyVjU4

 

And this dyskin, this is def not same as recent ds one cause that’s a high cotton blend.This should be around 10 years.

 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNHOFBkWVZTUllUSUtvN29mRUNL

 

 

updated:

these all basiclly i being weaing long term white stuffs. i should have j74-px white soon, and for j65 white merino i not sure im good buying one as its too year 3000 with new gt white.

for me wb-400 white=high ratio cotton dryskin >stotz >gt pro white(no chacne touching them but im honest with personal bias)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

Was able to purchase the P27's in store at Haven as they were left over from the online release.

Really cool pant, something about the fit seems different than the SS version, a little more normal looking around the crotch area. So far I've really enjoyed the DS fabric, my other Acronym pants are all Stotz, and have little to no stretch. The DS fabric is a nice change for sure. Definitely an underrated pant in comparison to the P30 or P25, I think these are just as wearable if not more, and was surprised to see them not sell out.

I'd be happy to post fit pictures if anyone is interested.

Yes please!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

Was able to purchase the P27's in store at Haven as they were left over from the online release.

Really cool pant, something about the fit seems different than the SS version, a little more normal looking around the crotch area. So far I've really enjoyed the DS fabric, my other Acronym pants are all Stotz, and have little to no stretch. The DS fabric is a nice change for sure. Definitely an underrated pant in comparison to the P30 or P25, I think these are just as wearable if not more, and was surprised to see them not sell out.

I'd be happy to post fit pictures if anyone is interested.

The only issue I have with the 27HD is that it’s a 3/4 length pant in the winter. That’s like releasing a short sleeve jacket in the winter. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xh79 said:

 

J47TS (White): This did not look as good in person as in the photos. The material seemed like it would dull / discolor / stain easily; just taking it out of the plastic bag it attracted some bits of dust and fibers floating around and they were highly evident against the white background. All-white is admittedly not my style, but even so, I had been attracted to this piece by the photos before I saw it in person. I'm guessing this is one that others might really enjoy, just wasn't for me. 

This made me feel so much better about not picking it up, was so tempted to buy since the stock photos looked amazing but in the long run I can imagine that jacket will look dull unless you clean it fairly often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kenwiryadi said:

another drop at site or what? cause it's crashing

It's back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those who can tell about the

P27H-DS

please post here how it is,

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Which brings me to the most recent 47TS-GT: aux zip and TS at the horizontal mid pocket and the interior mezzanine pocket. I know there has to be a fit allowance for the insulator, right?

Agreed that the 47 iteration is the best version. In its minimalist state, the pocket array and zipper placement is perfectly balanced. I saved the measurements from when I bought my 47R, and they are exactly the same as the 47TS so I don't think they changed the fit block. Having said that, I always felt like my 58 fit pretty well under my 47 because its a bit roomier than other jackets to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions

J74: I only saw this in the white, which looked amazing -- this is the one piece I actually regret missing out on this season. The fabric is essentially translucent, which I didn't quite realize from the product photos, and the way it behaves in the light in the real world is really appealing. The cut is also quite nice, and I like the black contrast details on the white jacket.

Now I may reget that I bought black. I was just afraid that the white looks in person not as good as on the pics. But I will wait how the black J74 will look in real and decide afterwards. 
Many Thx for sharing your impressions!

And I share your view on the P23A-S. I made the same observation. 

Edited by Holger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yankees19032002 the ng9 holds ok with the collar up? Is it in the construction or is there some kind of material that would prevent it from being floppy in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Holger said:

Now I may reget that I bought black. I was just afraid that the white looks in person not as good as on the pics. But I will wait how the black J74 will look in real and decide afterwards. 
Many Thx for sharing your impressions!

And I share your view on the P23A-S. I made the same observation. 

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Edited by CARLOOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Not trying to state the obvious but I assumed the PX did stand for Pertex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

The A-WS though is just "watch what I can do."

 

Hah, deadly description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Sounds good. I am looking forward to try the jacket and I like it very much that they are going new ways in regards of tonality and texture. I really hope for a lightweight, warm and breathable jacket. Looking quite a while for a Jacket which I can wear as stand alone and as mid layer under my J54-LP for the cold winter days in Munich.
I should get my delivery Monday or latest Tuesday. Let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Forever jealous of 54 owners ...will always regret passing that piece!

Was my first acronym part which I bought and only because it was the only Jacket available on the web shop at this time. the fabric is awesome and it still looks like brand new. 
sometimes you get lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone still looking. Notreshop just dropped their Acronym on their site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Holger said:

Was my first acronym part which I bought and only because it was the only Jacket available on the web shop at this time. the fabric is awesome and it still looks like brand new. 
sometimes you get lucky. 

Curious how you sized, would you recommend going one down or did you go with your usual size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woops

Edited by Stunt
sale thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else a little disappointed the P23a-s doesn’t have the ladder lock buckles? I like that they button, and that I can get buckles for like $1 on Amazon, but I don’t really get the cinches if you have to always wear a belt too :huh:

B2E154FA-E86A-4E71-989E-3AF9E027082C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meccaNIZM said:

Anyone else a little disappointed the P23a-s doesn’t have the ladder lock buckles? I like that they button, and that I can get buckles for like $1 on Amazon, but I don’t really get the cinches if you have to always wear a belt too :huh:

B2E154FA-E86A-4E71-989E-3AF9E027082C.jpeg

Somehow I actually prefer buttons. My P10-S uses buttons while the P10TS-DS uses lock buckles, which is faster. But i always find buttons more sturdy... personal preference. My guess is buttons for Stotz and buckles for DS fabric.

Edited by skycrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird question, but anyone ever found a way of putting mods on a 3a-1? Feel like in theory you could attach something to the belt loops on the bottom back of the bag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, X.bee said:

xpac mods incoming

saw this on edge's story too lol. whats ur ig??

Edited by halomunkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Curious how you sized, would you recommend going one down or did you go with your usual size?

I would stick with my usual size. 
I am 180cm (5.9 ft) and use for all my ACR Jackets size M and so far that works very well. I am normally wearing a 50/52 or L, but ACR is always a little bigger and wider than the rest. The J54-LP is quite big for size M, but as long as you are not too thin and lightweight it should work for you. Specially if you want to wear a mid-layer under the Jacket. Currently I always use my J48-BR as mid-layer and for a long time I used an ISOARA insulated Jacket as well. And that was fitting very well. I hope that helps.

Edited by Holger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program