Some immediate thoughts on the CP4-WS:
- It's extremely light and thin; creasing doesn't seem to be a problem out of the box (I was worried I'd have to steam it before wearing it, but no). No question this thing is supremely packable, and I'll likely be stashing it in my 3A-1 for days when it's threatening to rain.
- Not sure how much rain this thing will be able to take; what's the practical wisdom regarding windstopper and water resistance?
- "Half cover mode" is not as symmetrical as I thought it would be, zipped up. From the pictures I got the impression the zipper would rest perpendicular to the floor; in reality, it rests slightly diagonally (check the photos on the mothersite—it's not just Lenny's lean).
- "Full cover mode" is how I'll likely be using this piece most of the time. The site provides instructions on how to orientate the cape for this mode, but I just reach up and centre the hood with both hands, and the cape sort of falls into place. If I haven't put my right arm through the jacket sling before switching to this mode, the weight from the sling will pull the hood clockwise and mess up the alignment. Not a huge problem, as I expect I'll be using the sling a fair bit.
- The snap near the wrist is only on the left side. I'm not sure what it's for; I'd thought it might be to keep the cape from rotating on its own, but so far I haven't had that issue. Furthermore, keeping it snapped seems to mess up the drape a little bit; the cape looks better when the snap isn't done up.
- It's quite long. I'm 6'1"; when I'm wearing it in jacketsling mode, the sling needs to be totally tightened, or there's a risk it'll touch the floor (Lenny's shorter than me, and you can see how low it goes when he has it fully tightened).
- The "one size" aspect is wonderful; it allows me to wear this over basically anything. I tried it over my Graph Cardigan and my Mionn IS Jacket with no issues at all. It also fits over my 3A. I suspect the right side was left intentionally longer than the left to accommodate bag use (after all, the hood could have been placed on the other side of the zipper—they had a choice).
- Hood adjusters work like a dream. The hood itself provides lots of coverage.
- SITH LORD VIBES.