Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

5 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

A brand some associate primarily w/ repros (I know this isn't accurate) not having a limited edition seasonal denim release. 

I love it. 

Gotcha … yeah they’ve never followed that pattern. Some years there’s denim (and could be lots of it) to absolutely nothing. Same with sweats, and so on ..

I’ve found non-wash FW denim always shrinks to tag size after a good soak in warm~hot water, then a machine wash (or two) … normally I machine wash at 40°C

However, sometimes I’ve skipped the soak and put them straight into the washing machine - turned out the same, again after a couple of wash cycles

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 10/31/2023 at 12:02 AM, LazyS said:

Lu0ruAC.jpg 37

Iwg7BxP.jpg

E8Fl7aD.jpg

finally gave my pullover its initial hand wash last week and dug some non blue jeans out of the attic

Just out of curiosity, that’s the Skid Row shirt you are wearing right? May I ask what size it is and your height? For size comparison 🙂

I like dark red alone better, but I imagine the khaki is gonna give more wear options in real life - and is going to look better with any jean worn under a year. They're not that different and if it were me I'd get the khaki for the sole reason that most of my jackets are dark already. 

Dark red is really nice.... I would think color is possible easy to combine... If you'll need difetrent color of coat. Broark I think you have in your closet another options .....

Edited by vIGGiou riou

9 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

but don’t you live in Texas? I can’t even imagine getting wear out of that thing in Northern California…

You're not wrong, I did sell my other deck jacket because it wasn't seeing that much wear. But my other ulterior motive was selling it and replacing it with one from FW.
December - February gets downright chilly, and don't forget the state-infrastructure-fracturing "winter storm" we get annually. :laugh2:
Plus I don't think we'll be here forever.

^Good point ... it's been in the 40s fahrenheit the last couple of weeks where I live, and i've only broken out my n1 on the absolute coldest evenings when i'm riding my motorcycle or working on my truck. Even then, it feels too warm sometimes. I probably won't bring it with me to the warmer place I plan to move to soon, wherever that is --- and for what it's worth, that Freewheelers lining looks substantially warmer and thicker than the mccoys jacket i have. But, if it's just something for freak snowstorms or the like, it might still be useful!

It's a close call. I like both.  I'd need some fit pics to decide... I'd pick the one that goes with my existing footwear most... or else it'll cost me new footwear! To save the trouble, I think you need both mate!!