Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I recently tried on a warehouse ww2 type 1 jacket and it was noticeably shorter than their Type 2 jackets.

Is FW s506xx also shorter than 507xx? From measurements I see online, speedway for example, it actually looks longer than 507xx. 

9 hours ago, vlad_III said:

I recently tried on a warehouse ww2 type 1 jacket and it was noticeably shorter than their Type 2 jackets.

Is FW s506xx also shorter than 507xx? From measurements I see online, speedway for example, it actually looks longer than 507xx. 

Depends on the 507XX - 1st gen Type 2 were similar in length to Type 1, but some time back FW thought it a good idea to lengthen the base models by about an inch (to be more wearable) and they became the 2nd gen

I haven’t looked at Speedways measurements but I’ve found them to be a little lazy in their size charts

Interesting. I’d assume anything in the stores now would be recently produced stuff and should be 2nd generation. Maybe the new s506xx coming this fall won’t be much shorter than the 507xx. 
I kinda liked the very short warehouse s2000xx I tried on.

9 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Interesting. I’d assume anything in the stores now would be recently produced stuff and should be 2nd generation. Maybe the new s506xx coming this fall won’t be much shorter than the 507xx. 
I kinda liked the very short warehouse s2000xx I tried on.

The reference jackets are my first gen 506 and 507 from about a decade ago … so yeah, I doubt very much any of those are left in store anywhere. The Bootleggers 213 is even shorter.

My more recent 506 (1927, War etc) are all similar in length to the original issue 506 … there are slight variances but as most folk know, I’m not the one to be measuring garments to the last millimetre - if you need to do that you’ve already got the wrong item.

6 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Could do with seeing that beautiful BL 213 of yours again soon @Duke Mantee 

iPhone pic ok mate? (Sorry about the lighting - blowing a gale outside so that’s a no-no, and inside is all glare or shadow with the last of the summer sun)

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

selvedge everywhere on this thing

Edited by Duke Mantee

11 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Agreed, so so good. l enjoy the coveting of items such as this, many thanks Mike.

[Edit] @Duke Mantee is that a tab? No surely not. Trickery of modern technics perhaps?

Yes it is mate … they called themselves Bootleggers for a reason, copies were pretty good, but they also wanted to declare it as a fake at the same time. Backwards humour that probably ended the venture

23 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yes it is mate … they called themselves Bootleggers for a reason, copies were pretty good, but they also wanted to declare it as a fake at the same time. Backwards humour that probably ended the venture

There's something appealing about the concept of fake copies. 

13 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Wow that’s amazing. It probably has selvedge around the cuffs too. 

No

3 hours ago, vlad_III said:

What’s it say on the tab? Can’t read it with this resolution.

also, no patch on that jacket or does it have a down patch?

Bootleg - patch came off years ago

@MJF9 I'll work on some fit pics, I've been slacking on those lately.
I'm a big fan of it, little bits of selvedge everywhere. If you look at the full resolution photos you can see them along the placket, pocket flaps, etc.
It's an A-shaped jacket, so slimmer shoulders up top and plenty of room at the bottom. Also not super heavy, so should be nice for layering.

I’ve been really tempted by the vest version

The jacket would be a lot more appealing to me if not for the pen pocket and the other small pocket right below it—I have trouble imagining what I’d ever use either of those for in practice

The vest versions (aka sleeveless coats, funny name) are nice, I'm just not a vest guy myself.
Also that small pocket (that looks like a pen pocket) is meant to hold a duck call, you know I'll get lots of use out of it for all that hunting that I do. 😅
The other small pocket below that is actually pretty good for holding an AirPod case.

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

How heavy or warm is the Urbanite?

I'd say warmer than a denim jacket but not as warm as an M-65. I'd put it in the medium weight range.
It doesn't really have any insulation, but the fabric is supposedly pretty water and wind resistant.

Some fit pics of the Yellowstone and Urbanite.
UxsSP1E.jpg
6tfy0BX.jpg
From the side photo you can tell that the Yellowstone is pretty big in the body, that photo was taken with it unbuttoned.
c6ECjKt.jpg
The body length on the Urbanite is pretty short, had to tuck my tee in.
IodipKY.jpg
5zlrfjo.jpg