LFC4ever

The Flat Head

Those are looking good!

Taking pictures in the shade outside in the morning is the best way to capture the colors of faded jeans, for non-professionals ;)

On 9/23/2019 at 3:47 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

Thanks @cjfergs. Only worried about the inseam as I have room everywhere else.

Was your original inseam 37.5 then?

No, they were tagged 38x36, inseam measured 37, shrank to 35 1/8 after a warm wash and have stayed there through two more washes.  The thing is, I have two more pairs of raw FH stashed, all diff styles, all tagged 38x36, and all have diff inseams; range is from 37 to 39.  Part of that is different rises, but most is just pair to pair variance 

2C780750-4882-4EFA-9E90-E0FFF384FB1F.jpeg

Back in my 3005s for fall and winter :D Here they are at almost four months of wear.

ycZ4nIa.png

Co4UaLw.png

^Looking good, Kyle... my 3005s, 6y+ with zip and (maybe) 4y+ with buttons have been getting some wear again lately – can't really say why I stopped or started; lots of other jeans to wear and find the hems a bit flappy, most likely. But the 3005 is definitely one of the greats.

I do wish the hem was maybe about half an inch smaller - mine are about 8.75", and I think 8.25" would be about perfect, but since I wear these with engineer boots or 70s Chuck hi tops, it fits the style nicely.

What I really like about the 3005 is that the top block fits better (on me) than any other Flat Head jeans.

They look great Kyle! The back rise looks lower than I thought, giving me some 80s Levi's vibe :D

Posted (edited)

Pick up some 7104w wabash workshirt, paired with my 2year-ish F380.PicsArt_10-03-08_27_20.thumb.png.8fa2b138d6260be4f83ac4386798172d.png

1570117708236.jpg

Edited by indigoslaves
Change photo

I think that the back rise is slightly longer than the 3009, though it's not that long compared to a more vintage-style straight fit. My butt is not big, so no problem :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I do wish the hem was maybe about half an inch smaller - mine are about 8.75", and I think 8.25" would be about perfect, but since I wear these with engineer boots or 70s Chuck hi tops, it fits the style nicely.

What I really like about the 3005 is that the top block fits better (on me) than any other Flat Head jeans.

They look great but what makes you say they fit better than say the 3009? I thought the 3009 and 3005 were nearly the same with the 3009 having a slight taper and maybe a tad smaller rise?

I feel like the 3005 fits differently through the hips somehow. It seems like the 3009 is a little bit tighter at the waist, and a little bit looser at the hip. And yes, the 3009 rise is just a little lower, moreso in the front.

Agree with @Cold Summer. The 3009 I had awhile back was tighter at the waist than the 3005 in the same tag size. Pocket openings were a touch smaller on the 3009 and the thighs a touch bigger. 

Posted (edited)

With the recent TFH developments, I thought now might be the time to move on a pair before they may or may not become nonexistent. Since I’ve had some hit or miss with mainline flat head fits, the measurements on the one-wash R&H x TFH x RJB 004 looked great, so I pulled the trigger. This is not your normal “relaxed tapered” or high tapered. It is a fuller cut with a very versatile 7.8” hem, size 33 and hemmed to 31” length. 

The one wash measurements are as follows and I gotta say, R&H were spot on with their size chart:

waist 16.5”, front rise 11”, back rise 15” thigh 13”, knee 13” down 9”, hem @31” length = 7.8”

A238FF43-79DE-4789-9F76-4220684988F5.jpeg

Double stitching is mostly lined up

9904B920-337B-4CCF-914A-56FF68A0FC6E.jpeg

Flathead iron top button, and RJB lower buttons which I believe are also iron  they feel different than the older RJB zinc buttons

CEB401EE-EC9D-4B89-ADBD-2D4976C51F7D.jpeg

Flathead iron button backs

765A9DA1-A493-408C-A94B-DFD90749219A.jpeg

RJB classic two tone interior chainstitching

6F5721FD-696B-4494-914F-23401A231DB5.jpeg

Flathead copper rivets

7B65EF94-7047-4760-AC13-AF1029BD8D5D.jpeg

Raised belt loops

FB293BBA-0D8E-4E00-A3FA-C68413B4A501.jpeg

Indigo arcs which seem like cotton thread vs FH traditional poly. Time will tell, they could also be poly

03ECE958-8534-4C48-BF51-131FA1CD2809.jpeg

Pocket bags seem about as thick as normal from TFH or RJB. Although I have a pair of 1015 in the exceed denim which have thicker pocket bag material.  Pocket openings are also very usable! The shape seems to have been cut a litter bigger than even 3005, and the top block has been designed to hug the hips a little less in order to access the pockets.

Youve all seen this denim for a minute, so I won’t go really into that, but it’s pretty insane 14oz left hand twill. 

Edited by SuperJackle

fit pics pls

32 minutes ago, mpukas said:

fit pics pls

I will get up some fit pics later this evening. Honestly this seems like the exact pair of jeans I was hoping for back when Ed was trying organize a TFHxRJB signet collab. 

The measurements and fit pics on R&H's website look great. I hadn't looked at them closely before... What are the front pockets like? 

Posted (edited)

I've been wearing these jeans for a couple of years now. Will update some pictures shortly. 

Front pockets are quite accessible. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by UkeNo

Not much pop in these pictures - grey day here. More contrast in person. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those look sweet, and the measurements for 004 look nice. But I need another pair of jeans like a hole in the head. :D

I'm looking for P2P and shoulder measurements of the 7014WR wabash workshirt in 42 and 44, if anyone has one...

8 months flat head f310. 5 machine washes. Updating with iPhone 11 pro camera. Much better than my old iPhone 7. 

26463717-D029-4E74-A27F-F5958063CA5A.jpeg

9CA96A52-BCE7-45BE-9797-5760EF797B36.jpeg

Edited by Radiohead89

Those are coming along great, keep it up!

My 3005s are almost at four months of wear. Gonna probably wear them another month or so before washing since they don't need it yet.

Huh, I never knew Flat Head did anything with Wesco. They sold some boots for White's and Viberg while I worked there, but that was six years ago.

Looking to cop a pair of 1001s...i see that rivet and hide no longer carries any more stock. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Flathead sawtooth shirt + fresh pair of D306

C3487610-936A-4A62-BDCA-DAC3D4BDF7E5.jpeg

Forgot about this thread, this is relevant:

My Flathead Rider and Racer jackets have been worn quite a lot these past few months, thought whilst I have a decent camera in my hands I'd snap some pics.

First 3 pics are of the Rider, next 3 are of the racer. Stitching is immaculate throughout, as you might expect.

I have to say, even for Shinki leather, the Rider leather is on some other planet.

The extra "greasing" process Flathead put this one through (if anyone speaks Japanese - https://www.flat-head.com/items/srj-07c/ ) has resulted in just the juiciest leather I've ever handled, and I've been to Tokyo and handled, bought and worn tonnes of Shinki.

The Racer leather is also gorgeous; a much more familiar Shinki kind of leather for those who've owned any.

P1000344.JPG

P1000342.JPG

P1000343.JPG

P1000345.JPG

P1000346.JPG

P1000348.JPG

Those are some lovely jackets, sir. Love the sleeve crinkles in a nice leather jacket.