The Flat Head

LFC4ever

On 4/13/2017 at 9:15 AM, Vulcan said:

@ryan123 Those look like they're the same material but one is a Work Shirt and one is a Western Shirt. Main differences there are pockets and yoke.and buttons (regular vs. snap). I think Westerns tend to be cut a little bit slimmer but I can't speak from experience w/ TFH because I only have workshirts of theirs.

tfh westerns have pretty aggressive taper in the body, not recommended for those with beer bellies. i don't mind sizing up to get them to fit in the body though i end up with loose-ish shoulders and sometimes sleeves that are a bit too long. they still look good not too sloppy since overall the cut it slim. just something to consider for those who like their shoulder and sleeves to fit perfect.

49 minutes ago, Vulcan said:

Those slippers are half mop half cookie monster :D. I like the fit tho mate, those are some nice jeans.

Thanks. My wife makes me wear those around the house. I love the jeans too. Flathead denim shows some serious character.

Just received a couple TFH shirts from e2nd. Sharing the measurement in the hope that will be useful to someone here. This is as-received (so one-washed):

Denim cowboy shirt, 7001WR size 42: shoulders: 19.75, p2p: 21.6, waist: 19.75, length: 28.25, sleeve: 23.5

(If this doesn't shrink further, it has the potential of becoming my favorite shirt. The details are great. I was focused on the p2p and shoulder measurement and missed the fact that it keeps on tapering. The waist is limit.)

Red chambray work shirt, 7116WR size 42: shoulders: 20, p2p: 21.5, waist: 20.5, length: 28.75, sleeve: 24.75

IMG_5857.JPG

Edited by JDelage

@JDelage - thnx for posting pics and measurements. Questions about your method - where are you measuring the waist? At the smallest width, and are you doing a second measurement at the bottom width/opening? 

My hunch has always been that I'd need a 44 in TFH, and your measurements confirm that. I find it interesting how much taper they have compared to shoulder width. Post some fit pics when u get a chance. Thnx! 

I tried to find the spot where the shirt was at its most narrow but you are right that I should add a shirt opening measurement. Yes, the denim shirt tapers a lot more than I expected. I knew about the shoulder-vs-p2p peculiarities, but the waist surprised me. It should be OK as long as I don't gain any weight. Note that those are both WR (somewhat westernized). The standard W version would not have fit me in 42. 

If it's of any interest I've got the similar f-ds001 in size 42wide with the following measurements: shoulders: 20.5, p2p: 23.7, waist: 20.8, opening: 21.7, length: 28, sleeve: 25.6. The shirt is one-washed, haven't washed/soaked it yet to see, if there's more shrinkage to be had.

Edit: added a pic, sorry for the shitty pic quality

unnamed.jpg

Edited by mrman

Great shirts JDelage, I have the 7002 denim shirt and love it after almost two years of owning / five months of wearing. I actually prefer the styling of the 7001, but the 7002's unsanforized denim seems a little nicer to me. For some reason the 7001's sleeves are a lot shorter too, which doesn't work for me.

I'm skinny and wear my denim shirt like a jacket over other tees/shirts 99% of the time, so the tapered waist isn't a problem for me. Really the only gripe I have about the fit is that the neck seems really loose for my size (40), meaning that if I button the thing up, it looks weird unless the top two buttons are undone. Pretty minor gripe though and not noticeable when wearing it open.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Here are some pics of the flathead store in shibuya during my trip to Japan last week. The staff was super cool but for one reason or another they did not have that many shirts in larger sizes so I only ended up getting 4 shirts. I guess flathead makes clothes for smaller people? Anyways is probably a good thing or else I wouldn't be able to control myself from spending more money

3056B292-7B0E-492C-93A2-40F5E8376047.JPG

do you guys know what is the series the guy in the orange shirt is wearing?

On 4/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, JDelage said:

Denim cowboy shirt, 7001WR size 42: shoulders: 19.75, p2p: 21.6, waist: 19.75, length: 28.25, sleeve: 23.5

(If this doesn't shrink further, it has the potential of becoming my favorite shirt. The details are great. I was focused on the p2p and shoulder measurement and missed the fact that it keeps on tapering. The waist is limit.)

Fit pics...

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

The shoulders are too big, but this is the best I can hope for in TFH. The shirt is fitted in the torso as it is. In IH I have the reverse problem: the torso is too big for my shoulder size.

15 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

^ I think he mentioned that its either the 3001 or 3005.

more likely 3001 - 3005 would be wider & straighter...

• 2 weeks later...