The Flat Head

LFC4ever

So what's the verdict on shrinkage for Flathead shirts? I really like the two shirts that I bought but would like it even better if they were 0.5 inches shorter on the sleeves and the arm length. If I hot wash and tumble dry would I get any results? Can anyone provide any feedback?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking for shoulder (BiG style) and p2p measurements on the TFH 7001w shirt in size 42 and 44. Also interested in those measurements for the "regular sized" model 7001wr. I have found some info on stores' websites but I would like some first hand info from an owner. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, forumforumuser said:

hi guys need your help my true waist is 32inch will it be possible for me to fit 3002 tag size 30? as rivet and hide their size chart shows tag size 30 is true waist 30 in pre wash

No way. You will most likely need at least a size 34. I am a true 36 and bought a pair of 38. They shrunk about 2 inches from tag size in the waist with a soak in lukewarm water after 45 minutes.

You measure 32" in the waist. You are asking if you should buy some jeans that measure 30" in the waist before shrinkage and are likely to measure 28" after a wash, although will probably stretch back to 30".

Does that sound sensible?

58 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

pre-wash would usually mean one-wash.

But Flat Head jeans are usually raw/un-washed. So your PBJ measures 32" in the waist?

Pre-wash usually means raw or unwashed, not one-washed. The R&H pre-wash measurements for those FH3002 are raw/unwashed measurements.

Kinda' agree with your wive - based on the pics the IH's seem to be a better cut for you. Tighter fitting straight top block, straighter and wider lines on the thighs and a little bit more in hem opening - at least that's what it looks like on the pictures. Straight and wider can come across good for "stronger built" guys.

personally, I wouldn't care about these details too much if you like the FH's. The fit and cut of those look fine, too. And besides, the 2 denims are worlds apart - so rock both whenever you can!