Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

SD-101's arrived like 4 days early from and-japan. Those guys are troopers. big time anti-fit raw, but they will settle nicely. A nice relaxed fit most definitely. Denim is dark, and has a nice hand to it. I know Im not alone in this, but is there anything better than that new raw denim smell? Ill try and get fit pics up this weekend

photo_zps7be3854d.jpg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

^This is their loosest cut, yeah? Let's see some fit pics! I'm considering a pair.

And does anyone have any good links to faded SDAs? I know there's probably some Japanese blog out there that would fit the bill.

Edited by jstavrin

do SDA's seem to get a higher than usual amount of leg twist? Every pair I have seen seems to have noticeably more than other non san'd denim. Or am I seeing things?

the wider legged model/cut like the 101s seem to have more visible/obvious twisting. usually on the left leg [ie, like most RHT]

SD101FB.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

quick and dirty fit pic. Leg twist, while not as obvious in this pic is pretty extreme. Crazy how the denim reacts to water. Im thinking about getting these hemmed, as I wear a 2" cuff on every other pair of jeans in my rotation. Still fairly damp in this pic. They measure out pretty much exactly as BiG's measurements.

fitpic_zps64fa3b16.jpg

Nice one, they look great + the mccoys? hoody

After a machine wash, they'll probably end up with a 33" inseam, so bear that in mind if hemming prior to washing.

The waist shrinks below tag size too, sure my 32w 103's ended up around 31"

^it's good to see sda 101's get some love; the "anti-fit", grown man cut looks good with either boots or chucks, as demonstrated. plus, they're really comfortable.

oh, and a little advice: get a mirror in your pocket for when you practice lookin hard.

great fit on the 101s. Rise measurements at BiG has scared me away from getting a pair though. Glad to hear they might not be as bad as I expect.

damn sorry about the neg. Tried to quote and failed. The rise is just about perfect in my opinion, and based on your denim preferences, I would say the SD 101 is right up your alley.

damn sorry about the neg. Tried to quote and failed. The rise is just about perfect in my opinion, and based on your denim preferences, I would say the SD 101 is right up your alley.

Don't worry about the rep!

BiG's measurements for the OW 101 are 1/2" less than I like. I have a pair of RJB 105s that are an inch less than I like in front rise, and I can barely stand to wear them. So, I'd be worried the 101s wouldn't really be much better. Sucks, because I've always been impressed with the results in this thread, and would love a pair of SDAs. Been lusting after them, and a pair of Flat Heads, since I came to sufu.

SD-101 has the shortest front rise among the 40's cut i've handled [ie, SC '47, WH 1001, RMC, ONI "blue", etc.].

the 001s LHT have more generous cut w/longer front rise, however... approx .75 to 1" higher post soak/wash.

SD 101 @W34: w= 34, ins= 33, f/r= 11, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.75, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

vs

WH 1001 @W33: w= 33.5, ins= 33, f/r= 11.5, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.25, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

vs

SC 40400N @32: w= 33, ins= 33, f/r= 11.5, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.5, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

Edited by BrownMetallic