Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

I really like their flagship denim. Has some similarities to Denime's XX denim. At least in the early stages.

I also considered the 101 from time to time. I would probably really like the more medium rise.

On the same page as the lads before me with the flagship denim ;) really sturdy denim, can develop lots of character as well. 

Re rise: Even the 102s I had could have had more rise front and back, gets worse with the stiff denim...

the 202s are the same cut, but it's less noticeable, because of the lacking stiffness of the denim.

seconding everyone re flagship denim. tender's standard 17oz denim is very similar down to the blue selvedge line. and youll definitely get massive rises on them!

22 hours ago, oomslokop said:

seconding everyone re flagship denim. tender's standard 17oz denim is very similar down to the blue selvedge line. and youll definitely get massive rises on them!

Huh?

• 1 month later...

There's some lovely stuff in the SDA 45th anniversary collection. I'm excited about the kaki-kyoku persimmon selection for starters (I only see it on the OD site for now)... I ordered the pants and I'm seriously considering the jacket...

The rise on SDA jeans does seem a little short compared to most repro brands. I think the 502 may be 50s inspired but isn’t classic 50s. I wore the 101 in a size 32 some years back and if I remember correctly the front rise was about 11” or so, maybe a little more (that’s after much wearing and washing) - another inch and they’d have been perfect. Those 502s seem to have an even lower front rise.

interestingly, I also have a raw pair of (out of production) SD-001 in size 31. These are a 14oz LHT pair rather than the 15oz RHT 101s. They have a higher rise, bigger waist and thigh measurements than another raw pair of 101s I also have in size 32, although both are supposed to be based on the same cut. The 001s seem to be a more authentic 50s cut.

I think the SD-502 is simply the 12oz version of the SD-102, which itself is basically a wider leg version of the SD-101, so it retains the low rise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went into Self Edge today looking for a Hawaiian shirt fully expecting to buy something from Sun Surf and walked out with this instead.
Love the print and the fit is really nice, will be bringing it on vacation next week.
Plus it was my wife's favorite, so had to get it.
OTThFav.jpeg
vgOPKLw.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

202s in the early morning. Got them 2017 hardly worn but second hand.

Left knee torn, right back pocket as well, pocket entries have been repaired, crotch has been repaired.

Have cut them off a few years ago because the original inseam was about 37" post shrink and I got tired of cuffing.

20240712_070815.jpg

20240712_070832.jpg