Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Ah, thank you Maynard! Glad to hear you like them.

Jackie, here are my pre-wash measurements for tag size 29

Waist: 80 cm
Front Rise: 30
Back Rise: 38.5
Thigh: 30
Knee: 23
Hem: 22
Inseam: 85

edit: and post-wash--

Waist: 72
Front Rise: 28
Back Rise: 36
Thigh: 28
Knee: 21.5
Hem: 20.5
Inseam: 80

Seems very similar to the measurements from my Red Cloud R400s, which are a '47 cut if I remember correctly.

Edited by chicote

First post here. Does anyone have fit pics of the 2009?

Hey Seth.. 

Currently there are far more images of the 2009 on Google than there are on Sufu.  It's been one of SC's most popular fits over the past two years but hasn't gotten much traction on forums.  I suggest doing a Google image search for "2009 Sugar Cane".

the sugar cane wabash series vest arrived this week, I love it, will post pictures when I made a decent one.

the fit is very comfy, and although I could'nt find any info in the www beforehand, SC uses selvedge denim, its hidden in every of the four pockets, looks veeeery nice.

besides, I ordered via Hinoya/Rakuten. At first I choose the wrong size, but luckily, I could send it back in exchange for a size 38. of course I had to pay the postage, but I was spared the second customs fee. Meaning, their service is outstanding!

Hey Seth.. 

Currently there are far more images of the 2009 on Google than there are on Sufu.  It's been one of SC's most popular fits over the past two years but hasn't gotten much traction on forums.  I suggest doing a Google image search for "2009 Sugar Cane".

Thanks Kiya. Having trouble finding much beyond pictures from the Selfedge website. 

The recent fit post showing the Okinawa's makes me interested in learing a little more about the cut and measurements of the Oki and Hawi's.   Based on the post above it seems like the two are cut similar, but how are they different then the regular 47 or 2009 47?  Can anyone link to any charts or further info...

the sc 1947 is sugar cane's reproduction of a levi's 501 from circa 1947; hawaii and okinawa are the same cut as the sc 1947 cut (possibly slight tweaks, but pretty much identical cut) with more exotic 50/50 sugar cane/cotton denim and details.

supposedly around 2009 levi's started reproducing 1947 501s that were slimmer than the original levi's 501s from circa 1947.  sugar cane thereafter made a slimmer version of the sc 1947 and named it the sc 2009.  the sc 2009 is slimmer than the sc 1947 throughout, most notably slimmer in the leg, and the denim is lighter in weight than the denim used on the sc 1947

as always, measurement charts are available online at self edge, rakuten, and several websites 

Edited by ironheartfan123

^I cold washed and tumble dried mine once, and wearing them now can definitely tell there's room for a bit of extra shrinkage. Hopefully yours still work for you after the second soak!

• 2 weeks later...

supposedly around 2009 levi's started reproducing 1947 501s that were slimmer than the original levi's 501s from circa 1947.  sugar cane thereafter made a slimmer version of the sc 1947 and named it the sc 2009. 

As far as I know, the LVC 47 has always been slimmer fitting than the 501s of the 40s.  

When Sugar Cane made something similar, they used 2009 as a model number simply because that was the year of introduction.    

Does anybody here own the SC Type III? Can I rely on the rakuten measurments - I'd be a 40 according to them (Shoulders 47 cm, chest 56cm, sleeve 66cm), which sounds wrong to me.

Max, if it helps I have a 40 in my type II and could have gone with a 38 for a more snug fit. I usually wear one size up from that in japanese clothing. 

So I picked up a pair of the 2009s yesterday in one wash; the waist is perfect but the seat and thighs are a bit tight (thanks to my huge, manly legs and glutes). How much stretch, if any, can I expect there?

I've searched the thread on this but it's a little difficult to nail down a good answer. Thanks guys.

On another note, I got this Cat's Paw flannel recently; I liked it enough that I also have the white version on order:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%2011.22.

Fabric is not too heavy, not too light.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%2011.23.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%2011.24.

"Heel" shaped front pocket.

Sewn-on front pocket logo that I removed.

Edited by Iron Horse