What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

@smoothsailor sounds like something actually really fun. How long have you been welding in general? From what I gathered, a good weld-seam is kind off an art. 

Re bread & baking, I've started baking bread probably around 7/8ish years ago, killed of many starters and had my experiments here and there. Still got so many lessons to learn. Only recently learned how much the scoring angle matters in getting the ear. Knew about all that gluten-development stuff quite well, but I'm not really a scorer. Usually I bake boules so they fit in my cast iron pots and I let them rest seam down in the banneton. They'll rip up randomly like that, but still have the same structure as scored loaves. 
My process is similar to yours, but I start in the morning and stretch it out a bit more. 
Take out motherdough out of the fridge, make preferment with motherdough & feed motherdough a spoonfull of preferment to keep it going. Back to the fridge with it.
Then in the afternoon when I get home from work I mix in the rest of the ingedrients, salt, flour water, and so on, do a stretch and fold everytime I remember until I go to sleep (usually 3-4 times).
If I can manage to shape it before I go to bed, I'll do that, else it goes to the fridge unshaped and gets shaped in the morning. 
Always resting in the fridge once its shaped and then baked the day after or even after that, usually in the evening, post work.

Took the little one to collect conkers yesterday 

20231021_145114.thumb.jpg.150f85fa0a337f71c23737d3e2f54fae.jpg

And today we got dispatched to buy Ice cream to go with pudding , just so happens Waitrose is opposite the local.... 

Banner denim and Birks 

20231022_123613.thumb.jpg.1c5076e24abc8eabb3e78b8606c62e4e.jpg

(Can't rotate pic?) 

Edited by Geeman

It is this girls birthday today so we did what she enjoys the most.. running free in the forest.

kyAbE2l.jpg

Found some mushrooms, yellowfoot in english I guess, suppilovahvero in finnish.. did not pick any as we have freezer full of that stuff after this fall.

QDNlttg.jpg

I was wearing Tender 900 too, inspired by @AlientoyWorkmachine, and some Engineered garments fatigues.

ntPlKU7.jpg

My eldest is into JP sports cars,(he's on his 3rd now), his grail car he's wanted since his late teens is the Nissan Silvia. Last year he bought one, nearly all OM. After some TLC he's starting to slowly mod it and today I took him to pick it up from having a spoiler fitted and sprayed. 

20231028_102121.thumb.jpg.6503301eff2e41eb138803aaf15aa9f3.jpg

20231028_103634.thumb.jpg.a63e7bc2cd7eca7744122ae64aac6ed7.jpg

Edited by Geeman

@Broark what coffee shop did you check out in Boulder? I’ve lived in town here for 15 years and am amazed by the number of shops popping up over the past few. Boxcar and Beleza are my go-tos. Boxcar was pretty much the first ‘third-wave’ roaster / cafe in Boulder and much welcomed when they opened… prior to Boxcar, Boulder coffee shops had very much a coffee-house (for lack of better reference ‘central perk’) vibe.

I was just on Tennyson yesterday picking up a new pair of sunglasses from Queen City and saw that Small Batch liquor store on my way to Berkeley Supply, but didn’t stop in.

In any case, great pics and you picked a good weekend - 20s and snowing here this weekend.

Edited by tooth

@tooth we stopped by Verb Coffee while in Boulder, would’ve liked to spend more time in town as it seemed quite nice overall. 

I think the most impressive thing I noticed while we were there was the lack of traffic (or just good city planning?). Coming from Austin, if you want to get across town we’re talking about a 30+ minute drive if you’re going north and south. While we were in Denver I think it never took more than ~15-20 minutes to get anywhere? Or maybe we just got lucky.

I've only ever bought one JP import @Geeman  it was the most expensive car i've ever bought.. don't get too excited, it was only £5k, this was back in the late 90s, i'd just come out of a very costly decade of aircooled v-dub ownership so i bought something Japanese and reliable.. a 1990 Honda CRX V-Tec SiR

fullsizeoutput_3ccd.thumb.jpeg.99b878a3c03f83de9a7e84851a845376.jpeg

^the photo was stuck together.. it's the same as this one

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/honda-cr-x-sir-spotted/38984

I loved that car.. in those days JP imports were a new thing, you'd only see the occasional Skyline and maybe a 300ZX.. it didn't have full leathers like the UK model, only half leathers but it did have power steering, a full glass roof and air-con.. which the UK model didn't.

It would rev into next week!.. alas, i wrecked it.. Huf! that was a puddle of regret :sad:

I'm due a midlife-crisis?

Edited by Double 0 Soul

@Broark Awesome - I’ll have to check Verb out.

I don’t spent too much time in Denver, but it is pretty easy to get around. However, if there’s one thing we all have in common it’s complaining about the traffic, which is terrible on the Front Range and I-70 corridor of Colorado 😂.

Did you check out the newly opened Blue in Green? I stopped by a few weeks ago and psyched they opened a location here in CO. Geoffrey (BiG co-owner) actually lives here in Boulder.

Edited by tooth

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I've only ever bought one JP import @Geeman  it was the most expensive car i've ever bought.. don't get too excited, it was only £5k, this was back in the late 90s, i'd just come out of a very costly decade of aircooled v-dub ownership so i bought something Japanese and reliable.. a 1990 Honda CRX V-Tec SiR

fullsizeoutput_3ccd.thumb.jpeg.99b878a3c03f83de9a7e84851a845376.jpeg

^the photo was stuck together.. it's the same as this one

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/honda-cr-x-sir-spotted/38984

I loved that car.. in those days JP imports were a new thing, you'd only see the occasional Skyline and maybe a 300ZX.. it didn't have full leathers like the UK model, only half leathers but it did have power steering, a full glass roof and air-con.. which the UK model didn't.

It would rev into next week!.. alas, i wrecked it.. Huf! that was a puddle of regret :sad:

I'm due a midlife-crisis?

Do it! Now you've finished the back garden you need a hobby....

However that £5k won't get you far now, prices for imports and OM parts and kits are crazy. 

From a few weeks ago. 

Every September Birmingham runs a heritage week,  opening up historic sites, guided walks etc. We participate most years.

One of the events we did this time was a guided tour while playing Birmingham Bingo (which we won!)

20230916_183058.thumb.jpg.f8c2b792759d05f522ef23f672ceac07.jpg20230916_183107.thumb.jpg.06af5bdc53065726fe569021a5506ef1.jpg

We started  at The Roundhouse on the Central Canal area (more canals than Venice) 

20230916_183825.thumb.jpg.5ce7e1dd00c3706667bebef5d82e8d3c.jpg20230916_183803.thumb.jpg.ae6831a9a32077bd0f4d879d5c6e54c7.jpg20230916_184528.thumb.jpg.0bf4ab9c7351b26edd0cfd154fdea005.jpg20230916_185313.thumb.jpg.05ea9cb2dcccbca54b1460c115b67bdc.jpg

We came off the canals to look round Baskerville House , named after John Baskerville,  the famous printer and paper maker and designer of the Baskerville font.

Poor fella was never actually buried correctly and ended up having his corpse paraded round brumwith people paying to see his body.... until people started getting ill from coming into contact with it!

Then into Victoria Square to see the original Town Hall (right of the picture) the council house (rear centre) and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (rear left)

20230916_193708.thumb.jpg.df9052346026d55c4d8439f63f12dc4f.jpg

last photo'd stop was of the Hall of Memory,  after that we had to cross through Broad Street which is a mile of hen and stag do's and 80s themed discos serving ridiculous drink promotions from 6pm onwards.

No stopping for photos amongst that carnage! 

20230916_194712.jpg

Edited by Geeman

Took the dog for a jaunt by the bay this morning & threw some sticks 

nSkzpRQ.jpg

qOZvO7e.jpg
ad9lNiV.jpg

DNWfTZx.jpg

Picked some fennel flowers & fluffy grass while we were there for a little front porch display

Ir7rFVF.jpg
qfIS9qu.jpg

feat. old Bronson cap, Tender Co. shirt & socks, natty Cane’s, Moto blutchers 

Museum date the other day. Cleveland's Natural History Museum is under renovation so we only got to see a couple dinosaurs in the lobby area, and then went to Crawford Auto Museum. 

IMG_0454.jpg

20231029_131229.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0501(1).jpg

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@vIGGiou riou stunning scenery, looks lovely around you way

thanks, Ticino is like best beautiful corner, where you can feel as to be in mediterainian location, as to be close to Mediterranean Sea. And fauna and flora are also similar. Climate is influenced with barrier of Alps which protect that valley from bad weather. Completely different climate, than in other part of Switzerland, or Milano, which is from  here 80-100 km. Only in summer is here too hot with high humidity...

Edited by vIGGiou riou