Warehouse

Medine

Just a short praise - I love the fit and denim of my 800s probably best of all my pairs so far. Some fading is occuring and I can get a glimpse of what I might be in for. Just for the fit I'm tempted to buy a second pair right away.

It was a good choice to give WH three chances until I finally got it right.

Edited by Max Power

^ Couldn't agree more Flo.  It's an odd thing because my 800s feel more like throwback Levi's than any pair I own.  They're no frills jeans, no special details, just a great fit with good, comfortable denim.  I'm an old dude, so there's this sense of deja vu I get when putting them on.  In truth, they fit (me) better than that old pair of 501s.

John

Edited by JohnM

Time to rotate this into the mix with the Evisu...

Ab6BIFf.jpg

OivkrZ7.jpg

Simple comfy fit, the way I like it. :)

Although I bought it used, pretty sure it's washed already, the fabric still feels amazing...

(reminds me of Ooe's contest jeans fabric)

D3oLOrT.jpg

Edited by redragon

• 2 weeks later...

A pair of 1001 arrived yesterday from BiG.  Very pleased with them, and planning on wearing them for the DWC.

Couple observations, as BF and Ed mentioned with the 1001SXX, the denim feels lighter than 13.5oz.  I almost wonder if that's the post wash weight....  They're certainly lighter than the denim used in my 700 and 1003XX (as expected), and IIRC, lighter than the denim used in my 1001XX 15th.  As others have mentioned, the 1001 Banner Denim shrinks pretty hard.  Gave them a warm wash last night, and lost 2 1/2" in inseam, and 2 1/2 to 3" at the waist.  That  made me a little nervous about the waist, but they're Warehouse and immediately stretch right back out.  Will give them another wash tonight to see if they lose any more inseam before I start wearing them 3-4 days a week.  They lose another 1/2", I can forget about wearing them with a cuff.  I bought a 36x32, and the post wash measurements on Warehouse's site are correct.  

Pretty pleased with the cut.  Compared to my 1003XX (based on the 1000), the 1001 sit a little lower at the waist, and are a hair more narrow and tapered down the leg.  I've always said the 800 is a model every denim head should have in their closet, I'd say add the 1001 to that list too.  Clean, simple, jean, that from the photos I've seen posted online, a lot of guys can wear well.  

Will get some fit pictures this weekend.                

Glad you're enjoying the 1001 setterman.

Agree on the 800 -- probably my favorite cut and best fitting pair of jeans.  My understanding is that the 800 uses the 14 oz. 1000XX denim.  Is this heavier than the denim on the 1001?

John

1000XX is 14.5, so yes, heavier (thicker and fluffier) than the 13.5 used in the 1001.  

The 1001 reminds me of the Cone denim used by LVC, but with a tighter weave and without the flat, paper thin feeling.  Would love to see Warehouse make the 700 out of the 1001 denim, with all the late 30s 501 details.     

Edited by setterman

I think the 800 and the 700 use the 14oz (7x6) 1000XX denim rather than the slightly heavier 14.5oz denim that has been used on some of the 1000XX (6x6) models. The standard 1001XX uses a (7x7) 13.5oz denim.

My 800's came from BiG, so they're presumably 14.0 oz. Memphis cotton.  They could be older stock, as setterman suggests, with the newer one (from Japan) at 14.5 oz.   Pretty minor difference in weight.  Would be interesting (to me and three other people in the world) to see the two side-by-side ;-)

Cross post from DWC thread.

tagged 36x32

gave two warm washes and hung to dry.  

Pre/Post

Waist 38" to 38.5" / 35 to 35.5"
Front Rise: 12.75"/11.75 to 12"
Rear Rise: 17.25"/16.25"
Thigh: 14"/13.25"
Inseam: 34.5"/31.5"

Going with the Warehouse 1001.  Here's some pre soak shots, and post soak fit pictures.   Let me know what weight class these should go in, and I'll start a threat at the DWC site.  They're marketed at 13.5 oz, but IMO that is the post soak weight. These are noticeably lighter than WH's 1000XX denim, and similar to what you'd see from LVC with their 12oz post WWII denim.

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9632.jpg

The 800 is a no-brainer for many body types -- great fit at a good price.  Comfortable, but good looking -- enough room on top, somewhat tapered down below.  No special detailing -- just a good, old school pair of jeans.  I think I've said this before ;-)

Deng those are nice. For my next pair I'm looking for a more relaxed fit compared to what I currently have in rotation (3sixteen 21bsp, Resolute 710 and Sugar Cane 2014). So I'm torn between the Flat Head 3009 or the Warehouse 800 or 1001.

^ Those 800s up there are damn good!

Gnomes, have you considered the 1001 as well? I found the cut similar in some ways to the 800 but a bit more generous in the thighs relative to the waist. Could be right up your street. They will almost certainly be the next pair of jeans I buy.