Warehouse

Medine

you mofos need to stop...firstly there is no shame in painting your own arcs. why is it that handpainted evisu arcs are so prized, but painting a pair of WH is denim blasphemy? the painted arcs don't last that long, so they will be gone eventually. even most of the paint on klue's FC didn't last forever, and he painted those all over. a tip is to use a bit of chalk to make a basic shape of the arcs and then paint over top. this makes me want to paint my 700s before i really break them in. btw the fades on dudes 660s looks great so far, and if anyone with a previously negative comment can post a pic of their jeans and they look even half as good as klues FC i'll start rocking aeropostale jeans from now on. japanese kids have been customizing their denime, FC, warehouse, and evisu in various ways for the longest. i hope im not the first to mention this...sam denim and WH are way different. and the sams aren't the first to use that arc style. i forgot who, but another world-class japanese label has used similar arcs. but shit, lee bit levis arcs(and countless others) back in the good ole' west...

haha i have two pairs of sams already..

i like to have fun with my stuff

the jeans might look ruined, but the paint will wear away

i just thought the back pockets looked too plain

i also painted a pocket on my sams as well

don't get your panties in a bunch over a little paint

660's at 7 months

pictures are unaltered

middle 3 pictures display truer color

i hemmed myself and used blue thread so that's why the leg opening looks weird.

also i uncuffed them to show the vintage fading going on

wondering if i should wash?

To return to your original question, absolutely. Warehouse's hold their color pretty well in the wash. I've been doing weekly washes for the past month, and I haven't really noticed that much indigo loss. Clean them up.

you mofos need to stop...firstly there is no shame in painting your own arcs. why is it that handpainted evisu arcs are so prized, but painting a pair of WH is denim blasphemy? ..

Lulz...good points. I don't like Evisu painted arcs either, but I just don't like messin' with my jeans at all other than to hem them and patch them. Screwing up and then having to paint over a whole pocket would be a major bummer for me.

That said, I did see your painted FC arcs in the contest thread, and I gotta say they looked awesome. You did a great job on those. Three bakes in the oven took some bawlz.

you remember the bake-off? damn, you cats really pay attention to the ole' boy! +rep! actually cotton takes a long time to burn even @ 350 farenheit. i've been ironing my denimes( my not-so-secret weapon in the contest) on a frequent basis after washes when needed, and i've occasionally left the hot iron on them while i've gotten something out of the baby's hand, and forgot about it for a quick sec. they haven't burned yet. so a minute or two in the ''kiln'' won't hurt the denim. i fucked up a bit on the arcs, but after a lil wear they wear away. paint is not permanent

Well damn, I really wonder what the big news could be...I wish J.Crew would try building it's own raw denim line up instead of partnering with Warehouse but I guess it's still too early to make any comment...Hopefully just a Liquor Store type arrangement? Must suck for Gordon otherwise, being the only North American retailer for the company...

That's actually pretty cool...I was almost fearing that they had plans to buyout Warehouse if it was going to be reported in WWD (lol)...Should be interesting to say the least!

As far as the whole "raw ordeal", I can say from personal experience that I've known only one person out of about ten major J.Crew stores who even knew remotely a bit about denim, so I'm hoping it will be a Liquor Store exclusive...

Interesting they chose Warehouse though, considering they already are on board with Mister Freedom (implication: Toyo) but Warehouse is seemingly flexible with who it deals with and what collaborations they are willing to create...not to mention the sheer market power they have being one of the larger companies...

NEW YORK - J. Crew will have something to offer the most diehard of denim aficionados next month.

The retailer has collaborated with Japanese selvedge denim label Warehouse on an exclusive men's style that will sell for $300 on its Web site, and at its Men's Shop and Liquor Store locations here. The style's name, Lot 484 jean by Warehouse for J. Crew, is a nod to the address of the Men's Shop at 484 Broadway.

Frank Muytjens, J. Crew's head of men's design, said he discovered Warehouse denim while on a trip to Tokyo last year.

"I haven't been able to take them off since," said Muytjens of the pair he purchased.

The Lot 484 will be made using Warehouse's 14-ounce selvedge denim. The fabric is composed entirely of Memphis-grown cotton that has been woven and dyed in Japan. Muytjens described the fit as lying between J. Crew's 484 slim and a Levi's 501. The jeans will be nearly untreated, as well, having been given only a light rinse.

"It's just a rinse to take the shrink of it out," said Muytjens. "You have to do the work yourself. You have to wear it, but they fade really beautifully and quickly."

J. Crew is also making efforts to maintain the Warehouse DNA in the product. Details such as steel rivets and fly buttons that will eventually rust and are traditionally found on Warehouse jeans will remain on the Lot 484. As with Warehouse jeans, all Lot 484s will come in a 34-inch inseam. Stores will offer alterations but will take several days, because J. Crew plans to use a Union Special 43200 chain stitch machine, a rarely found machine developed expressly for altering denim.

"It's small and special," said Muytjens of the collaboration. "It definitely has a cult connotation to it. Not many people know Warehouse outside of Asia, so it's unique."

^You know, I'm actually not quite sure where I stand on this issue...Sure, its definitely funny seeing J.Crew jump on so many brands/styling the past few seasons but is it really such a bad thing that they did a collaboration with Warehouse? I really think that the people who haven't jumped on the raw denim game already wouldn't be interested...or at least for those who do buy the jeans on a whim, they will at least be getting something with good quality. I think the biggest thing about all of us hating on the J.Crew partnerships is that we don't want other people wearing the same things we do...Which I understand but I don't want to get stuck on such a minor ego trip...

Let's not forget, people were wearing raw/selvedge jeans before all of us were born, so this "trend" isn't exactly something new...Just something that we all like to believe we jumped back on first ;)

If we all believe in quality products so much, is it such a bad thing that they are being more readily available to us? Does this not help support the companies we love?

well it's a funny thing because we all love being '' up on'' the latest and greatest denims first, but when a company who is trill to the fullest finds a way to get their $$$ on it's not received as a good thing. although j.crew is everywhere they make quality shit, so it's not like they are partnering with a bullshit mass-marketed company. gordon shouldn't be worried cause most of the hardcore cats want an original japan-issue pair of warehouse instead of a collabo. i think this is more for the regular j.crew customer who may be ''up on'' the 'selvage rush' so he'll wear j. crew on his upperbody, but he wouldn't rock their jeans. they probably got tired of customers coming into the store with better jeans than they could offer themselves. so at least having these available in some places will solve that problem. but me personally, i'll take a pair of 660s from BiG for $245, or the 800s for $275...

on another note it's funny how they followed the gordon blueprint with the union special. nice touch. j. crew is now a real denim-shop. damn, everyone knows 1000xxdenim fades fast. now it's actually a selling point. i guess 'rinse' is the new one-wash. so now the store clerks won't be as stupid sounding when answering sizing/fit questions

c'mon agent cheep, don't try to convince me that you are as broke as I am...

you remember the bake-off? damn, you cats really pay attention to the ole' boy!

Oh hellz yeah. We at the IRS know exactly how many jawnz you've been koppin', Mr. "Salaami". Actually, been considering FC as my next buy, and have been loving that thread.

I especially loved the world-tour denim hand-off photo shoot you appeared in (posted by your bearded, cab-drivin', fellow Baltimore homie). That was righteously funny in so many ways.

wtf is wwd?? the fuck is that?

Wymminz Wear Daily. THE insider fashion rag.

J Crew stepping it up. I am guessing they will do a 660 type fit.;)

It's gotta be a one-wash. No way they'll do raw.

The retailer has collaborated with Japanese selvedge denim label Warehouse on an exclusive men's style that will sell for $300 on its Web site, and at its Men's Shop and Liquor Store locations here.

Frank Muytjens, J. Crew's head of men's design, said he discovered Warehouse denim while on a trip to Tokyo last year.

"It's small and special," said Muytjens of the collaboration. "It definitely has a cult connotation to it. Not many people know Warehouse outside of Asia, so it's unique."

What a lying sack of shit and a sack of shit in general. I love how JCrew gang-rapes everyone and passes all their Forum-stolen trends as things they've "discovered" all by themselves. And of course also implies they traveled millions of miles to discover these things, so that they could give the JCrew buyer something 'exclusive' and 'special'.

Not to mention how retarded the rest of that article is. I can't wait for the parade of noobs here once those are launched. Consider JCrew boycotted by my lame ass.

I think the biggest thing about all of us hating on the J.Crew partnerships is that we don't want other people wearing the same things we do...Which I understand but I don't want to get stuck on such a minor ego trip...

Let's not forget, people were wearing raw/selvedge jeans before all of us were born, so this "trend" isn't exactly something new

Does this not help support the companies we love?

Second post 'cause this brings up so many good points. I hate ego-tripping about denim too, because I didn't come to this game thinking I was breaking new ground, or wearing something super-unique. But I hate that raw has become as trendy as it has, because to me, the real pleasure of Japanese raw is that it's mostly anti-trend.

I also hate fair-weather fans of anything (sports, motorcycles, bands). They come and then go. But when they go, they leave the campground littered with trash that we have to clean up.

And I'm not sure this collab will profit anyone except JCrew. But it may make life harder on BiG for restock timeliness, dumb questions from JCrew collab owners, etc (who's gonna handle that busted pocket stitching, JCrew?). Warehouse will probably be fine.

well it's a funny thing because we all love being '' up on'' the latest and greatest denims first, but when a company who is trill to the fullest finds a way to get their $$$ on it's not received as a good thing. although j.crew is everywhere they make quality shit, so it's not like they are partnering with a bullshit mass-marketed company. gordon shouldn't be worried cause most of the hardcore cats want an original japan-issue pair of warehouse instead of a collabo. i think this is more for the regular j.crew customer who may be ''up on'' the 'selvage rush' so he'll wear j. crew on his upperbody, but he wouldn't rock their jeans. they probably got tired of customers coming into the store with better jeans than they could offer themselves. so at least having these available in some places will solve that problem. but me personally, i'll take a pair of 660s from BiG for $245, or the 800s for $275...

on another note it's funny how they followed the gordon blueprint with the union special. nice touch. j. crew is now a real denim-shop. damn, everyone knows 1000xxdenim fades fast. now it's actually a selling point. i guess 'rinse' is the new one-wash. so now the store clerks won't be as stupid sounding when answering sizing/fit questions

c'mon agent cheep, don't try to convince me that you are as broke as I am...

to paraphrase a 20th century literary master, im not poor, im po, cant afford the or