Warehouse

Medine

Calling DocBlue and weinfeld....any updates on the 1001XX? I need to see more...THISSSS close to buying a pair and need inspiration to seal the deal! ;)

aho, you got to go for them. I wish I could provide pictures, but my camera just died on me. I've been rotating them with my 660s, and there's something different about 1001xx. It just feels like...well, like denim should. It's really hard not to wear these all the time. There's a slubbiness, but a softness as well. I love these.

Hope that helped.

Thanks for the replies...I'm 200% sure I want them, now I just need the funds...I just wonder in the back of my head what other models WH still have up their sleeves, but lord knows I'll buy them all anyways ;)

doc, I owe you some more rep when I can btw...

liewbaysea, your pair are looking future graily, and knowing your Flathead's, the 660's are going to be even better! I agree with you on the "perfect fit", the 660's are the best cut for my body type as well...

@Snake; how did you size those? lovely fit

I haven't even soaked mine yet; worried that they might end up too wide for my liking; pre-wash leg opening is huuuge (compared to my other denimz)

Thanks Slab and those who +repped me.

I bought a size 31. My true waist is 81cm and went with 31. The waist measures 80cm post soak. As far as the leg opening, I felt the same way when I first got them but they shrunk alot. Size 31 measures 23cm (9 1/8") pre-soak and 21.5cm(8.5")post soak.

Not great detail pics, but 660's in action in Marin County, CA. About a month of wear. Great jeans to go on a trip with :)

Near our cottage...

funplacenearcottage.jpg

Muir Wood redwood forest

pinecone.jpg

22.jpg

looks great + rep

one thing though; what are these horizontal fades under the knee area? its not a cuff right?

no, they arent cuffs, they are just dust. i could just tap em and they'll be gone.

Not sure how I missed this the first time around but it seems that the lack of popularity on superfuture for the 800 cut is indicative of the 800's actual state of popularity even within Japan...According to this blog, the 800 cut will undergo "Minor Changes" although what this entails has yet to be revealed on the part of Warehouse. Safe to say that if you've been meaning to try the cut, however, now would be a good time as any to make a purchase...

BTW, thoroughly excited the past few days as I finally got my 1001XX on...Still waiting for my pair but I know they will be glorious!

anyone

i remember a discussion about the 1000/1001 denim. Does the number code only refer to the model or also to a specific denim? 1000 is a 66 cut?, 1001 a fifties or 47 cut?I know the 1002 is a Lee cut with LHT denim. The 1003 is a WWII cut and then my most desired object the 1004. Then theres also the XX denim...

damn, the 800s fit great on lendo.

as far as i know the 1000xx is a specific type of denim. the 1001xx is a different type of denim, and a cut as well. if i'm wrong, it won't be the first time...so school a brother

Slab - Both 1001 and 1000 model have similar cut. I think the original 1000 model is closer to 47 cut while the 1001 is closer to 50s cut but they are not exact repros. There also minor differences such as different patch and stitching details in addition to different denim. Each 1001 model is also different from each other as well. I was comparing my 2006 and the 15th anniversary model, the denim, patch, and stitching are very different. 2006 model uses really thick threads compare to the 15th anniv. model. I'll take some side by side pics if anyone wants to see them.

Also, it seems Warehouse uses a new numbering system every year so the its very confusing and frustrating.

Snake, I think you know pictures are a must! ;)

Don't quote me on this because as Snake mentioned things change frequently for Warehouse, but 1000XX/1001XX are different from the model numbers 1000/1001. 1000XX (currently) refers to the heavier, darker 7x6 weave which I believe is their oxidation denim (sanka-zai); whereas the 1001XX denim is a lighter, bluer 7x7 weave (and now I'm referring to the 15th anniversary model) which has no oxidizing agent added and is supposedly a tad coarser/hairier according to Warehouse press (although this can be confirmed/rejected by weinfeld, etc.). To make things more confusing, Warehouse has used the 1000XX oxidation denim on their 1001XX models in the past...

Aho's description is really good. 15th 1001XX denim is quite unique and different from the 1000XX denim.

OK..the 2006 1001XX and 15th 1001XX comparison pics

2006 on the right; 15th on the left

109.jpg

2006 uses thicker threads on the waist band, yoke and back pockets. The stitching around the hidden rivet is slightly different as well

2006 on top; 15th of the bottom

111.jpg

Bartack on the 15th is off to the right.

2006 on the left; 15th on the right

105.jpg

2006 has chainstitch runoff.

15th on top; 2006 on the bottom

110.jpg

15th has 3 fly bottons; 2006 has 4. The stitching along the fly is thicker on the 2006 model.

continued

2006 on the left; 15th on the right

107.jpg

The vertical stitch connects the front and the back is longer on the 2006 model. The coin pocket of 2006 is more square-ish; 15th's coin pocket is slightly narrower towards the bottom. 2006 has wider spacing between coin pocket stitching.

15th on top; 2006 on the bottom

108.jpg

Bonus pic

15th 1001XX: top left

2006 1001XX: bottom left

700S WW2S: top right (uses 1990s version of 1000 denim)

117.jpg

Snake ; amazing detailed info and pictures (someone rep this guy for me, i can't right now)

stitching on the 2006 looks a lot better but im not complaining about my pair of 15th 1001xx. I just wish they made a 15th 1004xx release.

Aho, let' us combine forces and persuade warehouse to come up with a ultimate 1004 (ha, i can only dream it will happen)

Thanks for all the comments.

It was difficult capturing the color difference with my digital camera. When you put the jeans side by side, the difference is quite obvious. 15th is much bluer with specks of white cotton over. The denim on the 15th 1001XX is very different from what Warehouse has produced in the past, both in the look and feel of the denim. Of course it is difficult to judge denim when it is raw but I really like the 15th denim.

I also prefer the stitching details of 15th 1001XX over the 2006 model. I feel it is low tech and closer to what jeans were like back in the 50s.

Slab, I've been waiting for remake of 1004xx as well. Maybe A/W collection?(wishful thinking on my part)

haha slab I wish I could rep you because we both share the same pain...

After doing more and more research on the 1001XX though I'm starting to understand just how great a pair they are. When they say it is a model that is the culmination of WH's years of research and experience in constructing jeans, they aren't lying. I also prefer the stitching details of the 15th 1001XX as Snake says...The really thin yarn and yarn count is the result of research on WWII era samples, and I like to think of it as Warehouse saying "Look at this crazy shit we're doing/considering/putting into our models that others might not even be considering", almost showing off at a certain level which is something that I love. There is basically nothing that isn't done for a reason on the 1001XX (notice the narrower than normal belt loops, narrower coin pocket, bartacks over rivet, hell even the denim, etc.) and it's really a thing of beauty...

But yes, a 1004XX would be perfection!

are you referring to the thin thread the jeans are sewn together with? the thread my 700s are sewn with is really thin as well, it makes for a very subtle finish. when you look at the jeans its so thin you almost know it's there. maybe not a good thing for those who already cry about all cotton thread, but you know how that goes...i had my 700s soaking in a bucket in my mom's yard, and by the time i got back around here today it's like 5 days later...so a sprayed them down with a hose, and into the dryer for 90 minutes.

...i had my 700s soaking in a bucket in my mom's yard, and by the time i got back around here today it's like 5 days later....

^ record for longest soak?

Snake, can't rep you again yet but thanks for that amazingly thoughtful photo essay.

After doing more and more research on the 1001XX though I'm starting to understand just how great a pair they are. When they say it is a model that is the culmination of WH's years of research and experience in constructing jeans, they aren't lying. I also prefer the stitching details of the 15th 1001XX as Snake says...The really thin yarn and yarn count is the result of research on WWII era samples, and I like to think of it as Warehouse saying "Look at this crazy shit we're doing/considering/putting into our models that others might not even be considering", almost showing off at a certain level which is something that I love. There is basically nothing that isn't done for a reason on the 1001XX (notice the narrower than normal belt loops, narrower coin pocket, bartacks over rivet, hell even the denim, etc.) and it's really a thing of beauty...

Very well said aho, must spread

Recieved a pair of the 15th 1001s from BiG over the weekend. They are very definetly a 40s style cut. Bought a size 38, and before buying them I compared their measurement to those of the SC1947 (which I already have in size 38) on BiG's site. Looked like 1001s were pretty much the same through the leg, with a little less rise and waist. After shrinking and wearing I can say they're very close in shape to the Canes. The 1001s are just overall a hair smaller, most noticably in the seat.

Very pleased with the 1001s. Was a little scared when I took them out of the wash and could easily how much the waist shrunk up, but as I expected from Warehouse denim, the waist stretched right back out. Also as I expected with Warehouse denim, they're very hairy. Will be happier when that washes and wears away.