Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

So this was the model that selfedge based the collab on?

Yup, that was one of our early collaborations.  We used that fabric in a slim cut and even used the same black buttons, those buttons are great the way they age over time once the black comes off.

Damn those jeans look awesome...ok, here's my '47's.  I got these as a birthday gift and I've been wearing them for a month.  2 hot washes so they should have all shrink out, I'm really loving them and I'm already seeing some fading!

Presoak

g6WUwov.jpg

ntWCFFi.jpg

I'm planning on eventually hemming it to just a 2" or so single cuff, but I'm still so paranoid about hemming them too short (bad experience) that it'll probably be a while...

You are basically wearing my outfit that i'm wearing today.. belt included.

Yeah, it's mainly that I'm trying to make sure I don't hem too much, they're at 32.5" so shrinkage should be gone.  Even if I didn't want to cuff them, a jean "should" end right above the sole of your shoes, right?

You are basically wearing my outfit that i'm wearing today.. belt included.

you got the text!   ;)

Edited by itsbenhere

Those 1947 are a great fit on you Ben. That model is an absolute winner as far as I'm concerned. I'll be wearing my pair in rotation a couple of days each week with my TCB during the contest because I can't bear to have them neglected for all that time.

Regarding shrink, I bought mine one-wash and have since machine washed them twice with no further significant shrinkage. I expect it you've already done two hot washes, you'll be alright.

The 1947 looks great on pretty much everyone.  From super petite girls, to medium height guys with athletic builds, to tall skinny dudes, to my 62 year old aunt…every day I have my mind blown at how many people can wear this cut a variety of different ways and have it look like it was made for them.  Doesn't hurt a thing that they just keep getting better with wear/washes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a combination of US and Zimbabwe cotton aimed at replicating the character of older, long boll, US cotton, from when cotton in the US was harvested once a year instead of twice.

I'll be making a proper post at some point, but I'm selling my Star of Hollywood Diamond Line shirt for a "pre-sale" price of 130 shipped (size M). I've worn it 5 or 6 times and it's never been washed. PM me if you're interested!

Edited by jstavrin

Yes.  Especially if your hot soaked twice pair started raw.  Full shrinkage doesn't happen until all the starch has been broken down with agitation and repeated warm/hot washes.

Yes.  Especially if your hot soaked twice pair started raw.  Full shrinkage doesn't happen until all the starch has been broken down with agitation and repeated warm/hot washes.

Gotcha, Thank you! They were raw at start. Was excited to see the denim in its raw state. Glad to hear that they will eventually shrink down to my old 34 size. 

• 3 weeks later...

Question here;

I have 32 SexSC02 which I love but now I want something with a higher rise, more room for the thighs (coz squatz) but the same narrow leg opening at the ankle (19cm).

I got momo 0201s last winter which are nice but the leg opening is a little too wide for me tbh. 

So I'm looking for mid-rise, tapered jeans with roomy thighs.

Any suggestions? '47s?

Size up 1 from my sexsc02?