Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Ushowu I assume?

That is correct :D

At first i wanted to order via hanoi rakuten and thought I made my deal but then b_F linked me this page and I saved again!

:)

Just received my Hawaiis today (SC40401N) in a 32 from Naoki at Pants Shop Avenue - great service - and I love these jeans. I've been humming and hawing over a pair of Okinawas for a good few years now but finally plumped for these. Anyone who likes repro cuts should own a pair of either the Okis or Hawaiis as they offer something different to the usual fodder for a real bargain. Just got to figure out when to add these to the rotation now, they're definitely a winter jean as far as I'm concerned.

I had previously bought a pair in size 33 from the Ushowu sale but they were too big so I returned them; I think they still have a few pairs left. Not much of a difference between their sale price and PSA once shipping to the UK was factored in.

I was keen on a pair of lightweight hickory stripe jeans for summer, so took the plunge on the Sugar Cane SC41202A. They are really nice for £80 (plus taxes and shipping). Bought from Organ on Rakuten (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/organweb/sc41202a/). 

14303525842_0b76ed4c76_n.jpg

14282293846_c6871fdcea_n.jpg

14304858064_161734bc59_n.jpg

Sadly I opted for a 33 waist, which are too slim all over to be decent. Hence no fit pics, its like two over stuffed stripy sausages. I've got a 34 stuck in Parcelforce's fleecing department so if anyone wants this 33" pair let me know. Sizing is 16.75" across the waist, which has stretched a little in trying them on; inseam 32"; thigh 12" and hem opening 8.5". 

I'll take the hit on the shipping and duties, I just want to cover the initial purchase price of 13,800 Yen (£80 at the exchange rate when I bought 'em) and postage. 

I found a place selling the Hawaii model in my size 30x34 for 99 euro (Woo!), and I'm considering an impulse buy.  

I'm a skinny dude at 6' 145lbs (182, 65.5), so will this jean look ridiculous on me? 

What will a good hot soak do to the inseam on sugarcanes? I usually need at least 33 inches of inseam for my chicken legs. The two widest jeans I own are probably the straight leg Strike Golds and Imperial Dukes making these a step in the baggy direction, no? 

What do you think, should I do it? 

They won't shrink at all.

I'm your weight, but 5'6" and I wear a 28. It's a definitively straight cut on me, though sometimes I taper it with a pinroll. Somewhat fitted looking in the upper, but doesn't restrict movement at all.

My advice in all Sugar Cane is to just buy your true waist. That's the beauty of these cuts and the one-wash denim.

^^ Fuller cuts have grown on me alot the last year and I'm most definitely happy with my SC40400, it's a great straight cut. 

But if you don't feel like it works, hawaii's shouldn't be hard to resell at that price.

They won't shrink at all.

They will. I think he's found the raw ones (SC40401N) on sale at a shop in the Netherlands. I bought a pair in a size 33 but they were too big so I returned them and bought some 32s from PSA.

Big Sugar - they will cost €120 once you factor in VAT within Europe. For post-wash measurements, just check Self Edge's size chart.

They will. I think he's found the raw ones (SC40401N) on sale at a shop in the Netherlands. I bought a pair in a size 33 but they were too big so I returned them and bought some 32s from PSA.

Big Sugar - they will cost €120 once you factor in VAT within Europe. For post-wash measurements, just check Self Edge's size chart.

Impressive. A bit unsettling that you figured that out so quickly! I'm interested for sure, but the inseams might be a deal breaker. I'm used to the longest of the long inseams (5010xx, 301s, Dukes). Looks like these would be an iffy 32.5....hmm. I have the luxury of stopping by the shop so I'll give it a look and see here tomorrow if I can.

Clever detective work. The N model (unwashed) is pretty rare; yes they will shrink.

lol

so they are raw....

maaaaaan this will be my first time - what do you guys recommend in terms of soaking them (the SE onewashed measurements are perfect for me)?!

<_< these 34inches inseams should have made me suspicious  <_<

I tried them Hawaii model on....nuh uh...way way way to big for me.

Anyone in the market for Sugar canes in the 30-34 waist size check out: http://ushowu.com/collections/outlet

The are all raw, not one wash. 120 euro! Snag em!

I just noticed that in the raw state both my Hawaiis and 15th anniversary Warehouse 1001XX are a similar shade of blue. Obviously the SC have a wider variation of indigo hues and a different texture but both are vibrant, rough and uneven, like a couple of bad smurfs!