Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Well, I broke down and bought a pair of Okinawas when I was in LA and had a chance to try them on.  I like the fit on these a lot.

For those of you that have a pair- that snakeskin patch isn't going to hold up well, is it?

nope after a couple of washes the skin was peeling off. tbh, it looks better when its beat up.

nice fit btw, wish i hadnt sold mine.

Edited by mr.invincible

^ http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/5152-sugar-cane-denim/?p=3022953

Pretty sure HP doesn't actually have them in stock, I emailed them and never heard a response, ended up getting my pair from Pants Shop Avenue, which is now down to 29, 30, 31:

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC40501N/

~$200 shipped is a ridiculous fucking steal for how awesome these jeans are by the way.  They are something special.

Going to let my newly acquired Edo Ai SC40501's (one wash) S33 go - just too big for me sadly.

Any interest - pm me

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about these:

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/detailpop.php?uniqnum=187

I know this isn't the same stuff as the SC40500, but HPE doesn't have any real info listed.

I really like them, just as I like my SC40400.

Although the SC40601 is advertized as loose weave and all that, the denim has quite a dense appearance. Might because of the one-wash state my pair came in. The denim has a normal thickness for 13oz but when you look at the selvedge line, "damn the denim looks thin" :D

I am glad that I went with size 34. I considered size 33 as the Slack Denim should be sooo stretchable and my SC40400 are also size 32...but my SC40601 measured just 32" when I unpacked them yesterday. So stretch is needed anyway ;)

As usual, the construction of Sugar Cane is just great! Only downside: Due to the one-wash process and the long storage there are some discolorations.

When I get the chance I will take more pics this evening.

What is your opinion about them?

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

That and the various colors of the Okinawa are my dream reissues. Hasn't been a truly interesting limited release from Sugar Cane in a while, but that hasn't diminished my love. I will post my Hawaiis at the end of the summer; they are turning into something rarely seen, but I want to give them a bit more time.

Edit: slack denim just turned up in my size...

Edited by Planetarium

If anybody is interested.. i've got the Slack Weave jean shown above, super cheap.. $130 a pair, deadstock, size 29 only.

EDIT: These are now sold.

Edited by kiya

Right, I give in. My curiosity has the best of me.

Since my Mrs has blatantly stolen my latest purchase for herself, i'm in the market for something else. Lots of (dis)respectable people giving love to sugarcane so who am I to argue.

Leaning towards the Okinawas, purely because I like the slightly trippy arcs (if you can call them that) more than the plainer pockets. And the patch of course. And the little details like carp pocket linings. And the material. Lots to like it seems!

Now I hate to be 'that guy' but there seem to be conflicting measurements between some of the stockists and differing opinions and I can't get anywhere near a pair in person so...... If I wear Sam 710's in 29" comfortably, would I go the same with the Okis? The pair I am looking at are one wash if that makes a difference. Any comparison as regards fit would be very helpful.

Ps thats a really nice fit B_f. 

That answers my question. Could have sworn it was a 28 at SELA, but I guess not.

Got copped last week.

If anybody is interested.. i've got the Slack Weave jean shown above, super cheap.. $130 a pair, deadstock, size 29 only.

Would you recommend sizing down 5 on these?

Also bf those jeans are awesome. I think I might have to suck up the hem width and just get a pair of SC as those are amazing.

Edited by bradl

SOLD.