Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Maynard, I do not own the Okinawa. From what I gather, it's pretty much the same fit, but runs a size smaller than the Hawaii.

And I would also say this fit is somewhat different than my 1947s. Lower rise, slimmer legs, and overall smaller size, despite being sized 1 inch larger in the waist. I'm wondering if the previous owner had them taken in.

Edited by jonmhenderson

here you go, maynard. this is after three years with plenty of machine washes, always cold, never a dryer. big-style:

waist 83 cm

front rise 28 cm

back rise 39 cm

thigh 30.5 cm

inseam 83.5 cm

I'll join the family ! Bought the SC2009 from selfedge... Looking forward seeing this denim. 12oz sounds promising and perfect for the summer heat in the south of France :)

I'll post pics to share my enthusiasm :)

Received them today, unfortunately too big for me :( I'll put them on the market soon.

If anyone is interested, SC2009 size28, wanna get what I spent, 249$ shipped worldwide !

Received them today, unfortunately too big for me :( I'll put them on the market soon.

If anyone is interested, SC2009 size28, wanna get what I spent, 249$ shipped worldwide !

Why not just send them back for store credit or for a different jean?

Edited by kiya

Hello!

Got a sizing question:

I own a pair of IH-634s W29, they have stretched quiet a bit to a W32. I mostly tuck my shirts in, and sometimes I could use some mm more...

Keeping this in mind, should I go with W31 or W32 in an Okinawa onewashed? What does a higher rise change? Need more or less room?

I dont want it to be slim, just not too lose. And I dont want to regret buying a 32 that has stretched to much..

Any suggestions?  :blush:

Please  :) 

Edited by Blue Nemo

Hello!

Got a sizing question:

I own a pair of IH-634s W29, they have stretched quiet a bit to a W32. I mostly tuck my shirts in, and sometimes I could use some mm more...

Keeping this in mind, should I go with W31 or W32 in an Okinawa onewashed? What does a higher rise change? Need more or less room?

I dont want it to be slim, just not too lose. And I dont want to regret buying a 32 that has stretched to much..

Any suggestions?  :blush:

Please  :) 

The rise definitely makes a difference on jeans. It's probably one of the most underappreciated measurements, and can be a real determining factor in what waist size you should get.

The Oki's have more room in them than the 634s to begin with, but they also run small in the waist. If you braved a size 29 in 634s, you'd probably be fine with a sz 32 in the Oki's. But if you're really needing more than a 32 inch waist, you could stand to do a 33 for more room/comfort. I'm sure you'll be fine with either, it's just a matter of preference.

I wear a 28 in both; I cannot even conceive of sizing down one in either pair let alone sizing down three. The Iron Hearts are noticeably slimmer than my Canes and going three sizes above that would be massive.

Perhaps you should remeasure your actual waist and thighs.

Thanks all three of you, escpecially for the chart - much appreciated :) !

Yeah, that I took the 634s in 29 was a joke.. My first pair and I didnt took the time to try different sizes on, also I was very enthusiastically about stretching. very.

Anyway, my "real" waist is a 32, measured that.

I think I stick to the 32 in the Okis. After your comments the 31 are all out. I havnt considered buying a 33 till now, maybe even that could work - but gladly for me (as I dont have to make my mind up again and again) the retailer on whose sale I found the jeans has no 33 :D got them for 99€ (130=+shipping+vat)

Will post some pics when I get them.

I wish a good night!