Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

well...that cut isn't really flattering on you. waistband seems to fit but I think you could still go for a smaller size and the thighs, seat area will look better. or you take a totally different cut.

It almost looks like you need a cut with a lower rise for your build. Most vintage cuts have a high rise, and the Okis are no exception.

Thanks for the input guys! B)

Yes the waist fits perfectly. I emailed selfedge and Kiya, which i think he uses this name on most forums I have seen with denim talk, said i should probably just go with a smaller size.

You are correct jonmhenderson ^_^ i think i will have to find a pair of jeans that has a lower rise.

I think i will make a visit to self edge Hollywood or something next weekend to get a better idea of what my options are. Mean while i guess i will try to sell these Beauitful Okinawas.

thanks again guys :)

Edited by Kite3234

're-quoting myself with regards to repro & near repro cuts:

on '47 cuts you can size down 1 since the denim gets more pliant down the line + the waist fall closer to the true waist [past the pelvic] .... disclosure: unless you're nursing a gut, ie ;)

we're the 2-percenters in the denim world.

we are blessed to be living in a time where we can experience the best quality denim world has to offer__ in [almost] any cut we desire.

that said, we can't have everything ;)

the full repro is an acquired taste.

imo, it has nothing to do with body type or built__ it's about mindset.

when you're comfortable wearing them you gain confidence... when you're confident you exude nonchalance... and when you dont give a fcuk that's when "the look" kicks in.

***ditto, on the chicken legs, but i still keep a few repros/near repros for whenever i feel like "dressing down". after all, that's what my jeans collection are for :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Yes the waist fits perfectly. I emailed selfedge and Kiya, which i think he uses this name on most forums I have seen with denim talk, said i should probably just go with a smaller size.

What size are those jeans? 38? you've got no strain going on at the waist, you can drop at least 2" in the waist size, probably 3".

Okinawa greys: TTS @W33__ definitely cudve SD1 if 32 was available.

ScOKI.jpg

OKIfit.jpg

fit as compared to my Hawaiis:

Sugar Cane 40400N :: 14.5 :: natural hawaiian indigo dyed :: single stitch + felled seams :: SD1 @W32

SC40400Nfit-1.jpg

worn for a month x initial 2 hoatsoaks x 1 cold wash :: current measurements : w= 33, ins= 33, f/r= 11.5, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.5, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

Edited by BrownMetallic

What size are those jeans? 38? you've got no strain going on at the waist, you can drop at least 2" in the waist size, probably 3".

Yep these are the 38. I agree, the levis I wear now I can fit into 36 and I still have room to play with. I got these years ago and since then I have probably dropped 45+ pounds so these will need to be sold.

ordered a pair of 30x32 one wash 47s from history preservation - charles over there a pleasure to deal with by phone.

anyways, going through the thread i noticed a lot of 30X34...did SC stop making these or are they just harder to find? i have a pair of lvc 47s in 32x34 and i do like to have cuffs..

I've never even heard of 32" inseam Sugar Cane jeans, i thought they all came in one inseam length.

Maybe the 32 is a post-wash measurement of the 34 inseam, seeing as they're actually a one-wash model.

Ah yes, i read the OP too quickly. The jeans shrink to about 32.5" after the wash.

yeah, self edge lists 32 1/2" for the inseam on all the one wash 1947s smaller than size 40. I'm sure that's why HPA is referring to it as 32".

I used to have a pair of size 38 raw '47s though, and they never shrank down anywhere near 32" after multiple washes. Was probably close to 34". Sold them, so I can't get actual measurements, but their cuff was about the same as what's on my Warehouse 700s, and those do have a 34" inseam.

hi guys

i wear a measured 32 waist (when bought) in LVC that fit pretty well. bought a pair of 30 waist one wash 1947 sugar canes but i can barely get the top button done up and they are super tight in the seat...

woudl these be worth keeping or should i size up? can post pics later thanks

:rolleyes: 'got a feeling you already knew the answer even before you posted the question

.... but let's see how tight they actually are ;)

:rolleyes: 'got a feeling you already knew the answer even before you posted the question

.... but let's see how tight they actually are ;)

OK, so i'm wondering if i got unlucky with my canes or if this is normal?

jeans that fit well

- my LVC 47's that i bought at 32 waist measured, and that now fit well after a few hot soaks measure 31 waist on the nose.

SC 1947

the SC one wash that i am trying to squeeze into are tagged 30, but measure 28.5..they are really tight especially around the seat and are riding up, well you know what i mean

SC 1947 PICS 30 tagged one wash - very tight to button up, tight in crotch, riding up

cjEQo.jpg

cMqH2.jpg

UQFDw.jpg

yYEb7.jpg

what do you guys think i should do on the SCs?

when my housemate comes home i can post better pics

Edited by jsky808080