Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I came across this "Star Union" labeled shirt. The total contruction of the shirt including tags reeks of Sugar Cane. The manufacturing tag inside is identical to TOYO Enterprises. The thing that threw me was that even though it is labeled as a Medium, the fit is not equivalent to a Sugar Cane work shirt medium. Possibly, a woman's shirt line division of TOYO? Anybody know about this?

adamsvintageclothingskorea015.jpg

Silly question. Are SEXSC06 really a hand loomed denim?

I cannot find accurate information about this except from SE site itself.

As far as I know the denim used on sexsc06 is machine loomed however the loom is set at low tension to create slack denim that immulate the feel of hand-loomed denim...

The denim used on SC jeans sc40601 is the same denim as sexsc06 but they have different details in hardware/pocketbags ( they are also the same cut if im not mistaken but i stand corrected if i were wrong).

http://www.mil-mil.n...01/sc40601.html

Edited by LC_Miey

brownmetallic

Different from what I just found in Rakuten.

lc_miey

I just got the same information from Rakuten, so basically it's not a limited denim run, just different details, right?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

sugarcanes are some of the most stubborn jeans around. the combs and the inner thigh whiskers look pretty off. you didn't do anything to "help" them along?

Edited by wgmds

Just got my first pair of sugar canes! I - AM - LOVING - IT.

7285909986_8da353ce17.jpg

Just got my first pair of sugar canes! I - AM - LOVING - IT.

7285909986_8da353ce17.jpg

Sorry to break it to you, but those are fake.

Trade or sell a pair of lightly worn (Made in USA) Sugar Cane 66 tagged size 32/34. PM if interested.

Waist: 32"

Inseam: 30"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9"

Cuff: 8"

Front rise: 12"

Rear rise: 16"

1a47dcd5.jpg

Edited by illumin8em

sugarcanes are some of the most stubborn jeans around. the combs and the inner thigh whiskers look pretty off. you didn't do anything to "help" them along?

90 days is ridiculous but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the "most" stubborn jeans around. My okis were surprisingly quick to fade

90 days is ridiculous but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the "most" stubborn jeans around. My okis were surprisingly quick to fade

I'd read how tough Canes are supposed to be to fade before I bought a pair, but that wasn't my experience with my '47s. Actually, was surprised at the amount of fading I got with them, especially considering how little I wore them (a bit on the big side).