Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^here & @ forums similar to this, denim peeps wear their fadez proud & artificial "enhancement" is frowned upon & considered sacrilegious.

IMO, every1 is free to do w/e they to do with their RAWs__ no one is forced to post evos, either.

when you post up you open yourself to +/- criticisms.

I'll probably get negged for this, but I'd rather have a "pincher" sitting on my couch than a dude who hasn't washed his jeans in 9 months trying to achieve similar results.

why buy raw then? if you'd rather fade them unnaturally and can't handle wearing them raw then you might as well buy pre-wash'd denim. imo natural fades look alot better than unnatural and forced fades

Edited by HAZARDkid

I'll probably get negged for this, but I'd rather have a "pincher" sitting on my couch than a dude who hasn't washed his jeans in 9 months trying to achieve similar results.

That may be so, but who would you rather have by your side in the trenches, eh? :)

btw, with regards to denim fade__ i got the 47's & SExSC02s [w/c are double ringspun denim off the 1955s], they faded+creased quite quickly on the 1st stage of its evo, then hit a "plateau" after the 2nd wash. 'cept for some models like the Okis, they're not known for high contrast fades__ once the dye saturation washes off, you're in for a slow drift downstream.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Some good mature discussion going on here! I can dig what your saying Jonny. In the end the best thing for all of us is to be authentic in our jeans, and if your version of authentic means pinching, or washing, or not washing or whatever, that's what you do, and thats OK. If a dude wants to pinch his jeans, let him do it - but yes BF, he should own that. Big fucking deal, they're his jeans. IMO the pinched thighs look dumb - strong lines going into the knee like the third one down on the right leg in the photo above are not the kind of 'authentic' I'm after - but having pinched in the past, I do know it is kinda satisfying in the short term, and they still look much better than some kinda dieseleque predistressed shit (which I just loath nowadays). But that's just my opinion, no one else need give a shit. Just sayin etc.

I do want to give old Hawkway a bit of rep though, because those combs are pretty sick. Sure, to me they don't look natural - atleast I've never had combs like that and I get quite good combs, but still, they are a good fake IMO. I'd love to know how hawkway got that pattern in them, I mean the design - it doesn't look natural to me unless the jeans are like 5 sizes too big, so I guess he shaped them by hand - in which case it's good work. Or maybe they are real and just a freakish pair. Whatever.

In other news, my sugar canes (pictured above) have ripped already! What a shit quality brand this is!! Just kidding (sarcasm doesn't translate well through a keyboard does it?) I just noticed those ones in a chinese shop and though it was interesting that even sugar-cane is not immune to copies. What hideous jeans they were too - I mean, they didn't even try and copy canes, they just put the name on... wierd.

Edited by gregornz

And bizzarely I just found out that in an attempt to stay one step ahead of the fakers and keep their profit levels up,Sugar Cane actually make their own fakes. In fact, those Made in China/looking fakes are actually Made in Japan (by Sugar Cane) fake fakes, therefore 'originals', with a rarity premium to boot. I think you should buy them right away!

Long Long time ago i heard a story that there is a company called Buzz Rickson in China which makes cheap garment products, this company sent a legal letter to Buzz Rickson (Sugar Cane) in Japan. Buzz Rickson (China) asked Buzz Rickson (Sugar Cane) to pay compensation for using "Buzz Rickson" name and selling fake "Buzz Rickson" products in China. Of course, Buzz Ricson (Sugar Cane) never replies.

The following is the Buzz Rickson (China)'s product :

T2BnRBXgdXXXXXXXXX_135370167.jpg

T2aTNBXjXXXXXXXXXX_135370167.jpg

T28DVBXdhXXXXXXXXX_135370167.jpg

Edited by gardenerfan

For those of you who have the hawaii jeans: will they ever stop itching? I tried on a pair and they felt sort of like wearing a pendleton shirt with nothing underneath. Am i just over sensitive (as in not being man enough) or will they stop itching once they're broken in? They were the one wash version.

After hemming these up and while adjusting the buckle on the back of my new Can't Bust Em's, I noticed "Sugar Cane" on the back of the buckle. That explains the "nubby" fabric.

6.JPG

These Boss of the Roads also came from the same store and have all identical hardware, however, don't display any maker's mark. Does anyone have some background info on when the company made these items?

DSCN4573.jpg

DSCN4580.jpg

That's all I have right now. That was a motel/beach/vacation shot. Now on to chasing my 6 and 3 year old boys around! Just ordered a pair of raw Hawaiis from Naoki at PSA. should be waiting for me when we get home. Will post pics of their evo.

After hemming these up and while adjusting the buckle on the back of my new Can't Bust Em's, I noticed "Sugar Cane" on the back of the buckle. That explains the "nubby" fabric.

6.JPG

These Boss of the Roads also came from the same store and have all identical hardware, however, don't display any maker's mark. Does anyone have some background info on when the company made these items?

DSCN4573.jpg

DSCN4580.jpg

Sugar Cane did reproduce "Boss of the Road" around 5 years ago. I think for one season only.

Sugar Cane does reproduce "Headlight" workwear, very high quality. But the products can not be sold outside Japan.

img_1604497_33955742_0.jpg