Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

8 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

What's the patch on the wooden board behind?.. you can see more of it at 15.47

Looks like some kind of special release or advertisement, something with clutch maybe? Could muster out "clutchman"...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of Okinawas. I eyed these when I first got into this hobby, but was too intimidated by the straight leg fit at the time :rolleyes: 

Fit feels good and the details are a fun touch. The fabric is slubbier than I'm used to, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it fades. 

2023-07-07-Photo-Dump-0023-2.thumb.jpg.4add48f10d1b164777b13fc95955edfc.jpg

6 hours ago, discwork said:

Picked up a pair of Okinawas. I eyed these when I first got into this hobby, but was too intimidated by the straight leg fit at the time :rolleyes: 

Fit feels good and the details are a fun touch. The fabric is slubbier than I'm used to, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it fades. 

2023-07-07-Photo-Dump-0023-2.thumb.jpg.4add48f10d1b164777b13fc95955edfc.jpg

Probably something like this, eventually:

Okinawa_01.JPG

11 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

When you say last legs, there are too many holes to repair and just overall thinness of denim? Because those look so good!

I had the crotch darned a few years ago.  They did a good job, but they didn't cover as big an area as I had expected.  The darn is holding up, but the denim just outside of it is pretty much see-through.  I wear them occasionally, but I always feel like I'm one large step away from it giving out completely.  

And thanks.  Those were my first Japanese pair.  They took a long time to get that way...I only wore them in the summer, and my office didn't allow jeans until about a year ago. 

Edited by fresh1

@Geeman in my experience with 47's i always wash in warm or hot water and then hang dry initially and will lose one inch in the inseam. beyond that i will cold wash and hang dry and the jeans will shrink just a little over time. the denim is pretty dense and typically doesn't want to stretch very easily in the waist.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Looks like no raised belt loops in the vintage ones, but in the repros.
Also, apparently a new label will be introduced for these repros. Or I misunderstood the meaning of "rebeeru".

The belt loops stood out to me too. Everything else seems pretty darn close.
And it does seem like these will be under a different label, the patch art has been on display in the background of the Clutch videos (albeit a bit obstructed by some jeans hung up on display).