Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Similar to all 4 models from this series it uses a special denim - for the winter model it uses wool - it makes this model itchy, but warm!

e637df5c94c3500f44affe5c63b0dd8f_zpsb602

24fcc0901dac1bada45c877e7f00a87a_zpsd115

d2dfeee15fae2503697b0a8f3938253b_zpsbece

56930baa1424a51d305758371e273cd6_zps1f6c

6de44ad883b831084972ab5bdc341a1c_zps5115

Love the patch and the indigo colour on this particular model!

if i'm a 30/31 in most trousers & jeans (but a 32 in momotaro), what should i be leaning towards for the 710s? i'm thinking a 31.

Hey conqueror,

I've got both sda 103s and momos (0805 and er007-2b) in size 29. They all felt like a size down but now fit perfectly.

I bought my pair of 710 (Black Hawk) in size 29 too but after one hot soak and one wash, they feel more like tts. For a 1 size down fit, 28 could have been possible if they only existed in that size.

So I'd say it depends on the way you feel in your momos. If you went tts in 32 with the momos then 31 with the 710 sounds good.

Some of you might already know that Samurai has a project running in which they grow their own cotton.

It seems that you can finally buy a pair. Made of their own grown cotton, if I translated it right: handwoven denim. Available for reservation now. A real "bargain"

main.jpg

I guess foxy will get a pair or two ;)

edit: the price might reflect, that you are also investing in further cotton grows. Some Japanese speaking guy would really help here :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I saw the picture of the jeans and the box earlier in the Samurai blog...

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2014ss-011.jpg

01f44964174ff5163fc739a44ad5ccaf_zps93be

Still digging for more details - price is just ridiculous, but maybe it includes free shares in Samurai Jeans, Japan?

Edited by Foxy2

Lol, just had a quick look at the info they posted on the blog about it. 

Apparantly, those that helped in the growing/cultivation process get a priority in the reservations schedule. It seems members of the Samurai club were given the option to participate in the cotton cultivation process in 2012. 

Also, that Â¥999,999 price is excluding tax.. Yep. 

I did learn that idea behind the pocket design of Yamato jeans is 2 seagulls handing over a baton. It's supposed to represent the passing of treasures from the natural world to the posterity/future. 

But yeah, in short the price is justified by the idea that this is 100% Samurai made cotton. So basically the special point would be to own a pair of jeans that have been produced by the company all the way down to the growing of the cotton. 

...At this price point I'd rather outsource my cotton though. 

Wait it's only morning here an I'm seeing about $10k for that pair?!

Just thought the same, haha. Shit's getting ridiculous. For that price I can buy 40 normal Samurais and if each would last me just one year, I would be set until I'm dead.

On the same level for me as car seats made of ray or shark skin and other luxury bullshit, nothing can justify a price that high, not even if Nogami-san handpicks and weaves the jeans.

Edited by Max Power

well, i ended up getting the 15th anniversary 710's in a sz 33 (i've never been larger than a 32 in anything so i feel ashamed haha). 31's were sold out and the 32's i could only do the very top button up - it was at uncomfortable ball cleavage/separation levels so i settled for the 33. looking forward to seeing how they go, as i'll now be retiring the momo's (sz 32/3yrs old) after their latest crotch blowout.

Edited by conqueror

Just thought the same, haha. Shit's getting ridiculous. For that price I can buy 40 normal Samurais and if each would last me just one year, I would be set until I'm dead.

On the same level for me as car seats made of ray or shark skin and other luxury bullshit, nothing can justify a price that high, not even if Nogami-san handpicks and weaves the jeans.

yeah. it is! honestly i wouldnt go more the $1k for a pair and even that sounds ridiculous.

I saw the picture of the jeans and the box earlier in the Samurai blog...

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2014ss-011.jpg

01f44964174ff5163fc739a44ad5ccaf_zps93be

Still digging for more details - price is just ridiculous, but maybe it includes free shares in Samurai Jeans, Japan?

Anyone else find it weird that they have gone to all that trouble and expense and then made what appears to be a Lee repro??? Even the BiG collaborations are more "special".