Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

The Seaman stuff looks great but I don't think I could pull off jeans that wide.

From seeing the Seamen stuff first hand I can say the denim is bloody great. Beats both the 50's and 60's denim (which is awsome too).

That's good to know. I know of at least one store in London that stocks TCB so I'll check them out next time I'm down there. Still wouldn't be sure what to wear on my feet with jeans that wide, any suggestions welcomed! In the meantime I'll just drool over his blog.

Volvo - i think you've hit the nail on the head. I've noticed that Inoue San and his buddies on the blog tend to wear their jeans pretty low slung, so the longer body is not noticeable. And if you're making your own clothes why not make them to suit your aesthetic.

Unders - I really like the fit of that Jacket on you.

I see the arms are a bit long though.

You could always give the arms (alone) a hot soak and mild tumble if you dare. I've read of someone doing this with a MF ranch blouse when the body was good but arms too long.

Could do the body minus the chest and shoulders too if you want to reduce the length.

Looks good ready but might work if you're feeling experimental?

(Just a thought)

Thanks for the tip ukeno, and fair play to the bloke for thinking that up - pretty ingenious.

I'm happy with turning the sleeves up. Plus, the wife already puts up with a lot for the denim (such as taking photos of my crotch for the Internet). If she came home to see a bucket of hot water with just the arms of a jacket submerged she'd probably leave and take the kids with her!

Edited by unders

Cheers tigerstrom. I just went TTS using the measurements from the shop section of the TCB site. Inoue San was really easy to deal with so sure he'd answer any questions on sizing.

Edit - basically what Volvo said.

Edited by unders

That's good to know. I know of at least one store in London that stocks TCB so I'll check them out next time I'm down there. Still wouldn't be sure what to wear on my feet with jeans that wide, any suggestions welcomed! In the meantime I'll just drool over his blog.

Chucks always work well for me with wide leg jeans. Otherwise a big boot, such as RW Iron Rangers work even better. my next boot buy (in 2016, definitely!) will be a pair of William Lennon boots and I am pretty confident that they will work great with wide hems too!

where can you window shop em? at the fortyniners rakuten store?

Not sure if they'll even be available online but time will tell...All of my info is gathered from their Instagram posts (https://instagram.com/fortyniners1849/), but the 50 pairs will be sold through Miura-san's YM Factory shop as well as Fortyniners and I'm guessing most likely only in person. Exact cost is 41040 yen (

) which I'm sure is worth it, however my cap is usually around the $325 USD mark MAX; anything more than that and I better be buying boots, vintage, or saving up for something else!

Have been loving following the 49ers insta page though. Not that I could afford them, but was hoping they'd make that to a staple fit and I could cop at a later date. Love everything, from patch to fit, and want to try a lesser known brand, and see how it differs from bigger brands.

Since I can't read jap, is there any other details on the jeans on their pictures?

Edited by bradl

Today I had some time to take pictures of my pairs, lately I've been experimenting with the camera, my lenses etc etc.

Here's some more pictures of my TCB 60's, worn about once a week now since the start of the TCB contest..

TCB60s%20front_zpslrqgjtyt.jpg

TCB60s%20rear_zpsqxravz22.jpg

These look incredible. I've just received my TCB 60s that I picked up on eBay, hope they end up looking this lovely. Did you get yours hemmed? Mine have 37.5" inseam which seems pretty long. I think they'll still be over 34" once shrunk. What's shrinkage and stretching like on these. I got a 32" waist, which is about 0.5" too big pre soak, so I'm hoping that they either stretch plenty or don't shrink too much (except in the length) Pics soon...

Today I had some time to take pictures of my pairs, lately I've been experimenting with the camera, my lenses etc etc.

Here's some more pictures of my TCB 60's, worn about once a week now since the start of the TCB contest..TCB60s%20front_zpslrqgjtyt.jpgTCB60s%20rear_zpsqxravz22.jpg

Hi Holio,

I didn't bother to have this pair hemmed with a chainstitch so I went with a standard lockstitch hem done by my local tailor. Funny enough it led to some fine looking roping after all the wear I gave to this pair, but of course nothing as impressive as a chainstitch hem. if I could go back I would have this pair chainstitched, didn't care much about it 2 yrs ago!

you'll need a hem probably then. being in UK you're spoiled with choices if you want a chainstitch job. Denimdoctor in Manchester, Rivet and Hide in London and a others offer this service in UK.

R&H does the job on a Union Special chainstitch machine, I've seen here some of the hems they've done and they are totally sound!

As for measurements, if you dig back in this thread to june 2013 you'll find my pre and post soak measurements, however as a rule of thumb TCB garments run very true to size, eg a size 32 will be bang on 32 inch waist after soak. after a few months of wear my size 36 pair was 36,5 waist. hope this helps! and hope the pair will work great for you, they're just a fantastic jean IMO.

Thanks Volvo. So about an inch in the waist and 1.25 in the inseam? I've had R&H do the seam on my Norman Porters, so will use them again. I'm not worried about chainstitching particularly, but I don't have a local tailor, and R&H is somewhere I can easily get to.

The seller on ebay suggested that the inseam would shrink by 4" but that seems a little optimistic to me. I usually wear a 32" inseam which gives me room to cuff or wear with some stacking, so whatever happens, these will be too long! Right now though, I need to be disciplined and focus on my Normans! There will be time for these in the future :-)

well if it was one inch in the waist for a size 36 you'll be grand!

4 inches inseam shrink is nonsense!

wear them in good health!

I assume you're in a contest then! If I were you I'd definitely drink Porters and wear TCB's though!